• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

We got the win, but...

Ok, let's start with some positives.

First and foremost, we got the W. We stopped the bleeding and managed to get ahead of the Jets and stay ahead of the Pats.

We finally got some rushing yards from people not named Josh Allen. Granted, it was against a D that's bad against the run, but it's a start.

Despite the defensive struggles, Milano had one hell of a game.

That being said...

We let them hang around WAY too long. That final onside kick was scary. We were 1 or 2 plays away from a choke. Taiwan Jones made two really smart decisions on that play. First, he hit the Cleveland player so he couldn't grab the ball, then Jones wisely batted the ball out of bounds rather than trying to recover it.

Too many FG's. Props to Bass for making all of them but we need to be better in the red zone. FG's may beat Cleveland. They won't beat better teams.

The D is just bad. Jacoby ****ing Brissett had 324 yards and 3 TD's. Yes, we stopped their running backs but only because we sold out and let them pass all over us. Even with Poyer, the defensive backfield was out of sync. If we don't get healthy, we're screwed. And while I do think Edmunds is overrated, this team is better with him on the field than without him.

Von Miller is a contributor, but he's not an impact player anymore. At this point, his contribution is more as a vet leader/locker room guy than on the field.

Yes, the disruption/distraction of the snow storm, moving the game, and lack of opportunity to practice probably contributed to the problems. But two things: first, they've been bad more than they've been good since the bye, even in the 3 games when weather disruptions/lack of practice were not an issue. Second, we play again in 4 days so there really isn't much time to practice and fix those issues. Detroit is not a great team, and they just beat a good Giants team who runs a similar O to us.

And FWIW that resilient Minnesota team that beat us last week got humiliated by Dallas. At this point, I don't see how we win a rematch against the Chiefs, Titans or Ravens, but if we do somehow make the SB, we're just gonna get smoked by Dallas or Philly.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • TheConsigliere
    • Aug 2022

Re: We got the win, but...

YOU SUCK

Comment

• sukie
      Seriously?
      • Sep 2012

Op, I was pondering this past week and game. Was there really any time to institute a game plan other than virtually? Pretty sure Thurs Friday practices is when that takes place.

Still confounded that there were no crossing routes and Diggs/Dropvis/WR 3 were all going 15-25 yards. I find it impossible that Diggs couldn’t get open in the middle like at 9 yards out.

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

Last edited by Woodman; 11-21-2022, 01:45 AM.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Discotrish
            Raging hypocrite and resident troll
            • Nov 2003

Team is suffering a Lack Of Beasley.

What's with the Browns making third and 11, no problem, and we struggle with third and 3?
            Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

I think Allen has a nagging injury that he is playing through.

I think Dorsey is in a little over his head.

I think the injuries to the defensive backfield have turned a team that was a juggernaut into a good team.

Von attracts a lot of attention, so that frees up Milano and the LBs. (Even Edmunds was playing better before the injury)

And think about when Poyer is out. All average DBs playing. When Poyer is in, at least half the field is backed up. Losing Micah has been devastating to this teams chances, IMO.

Take Gabe Davis's drops, add McKenzie's mishaps and the fact that they sent Beasley packing....makes the Bills passing game kinda one-dimensional. It leaves Steph, who is generally double covered and Knox. Perhaps it's time to call Odell and see what his medical ststus is.

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Historian View Post

I think the injuries to the defensive backfield have turned a team that was a juggernaut into a good team.

Von attracts a lot of attention, so that frees up Milano and the LBs. (Even Edmunds was playing better before the injury)

And think about when Poyer is out. All average DBs playing. When Poyer is in, at least half the field is backed up. Losing Micah has been devastating to this teams chances, IMO.

Take Gabe Davis's drops, add McKenzie's mishaps and the fact that they sent Beasley packing....makes the Bills passing game kinda one-dimensional. It leaves Steph, who is generally double covered and Knox. Perhaps it's time to call Odell and see what his medical ststus is.

The bolded especially .... we get healthy look the **** out!

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                  Op, I was pondering this past week and game. Was there really any time to institute a game plan other than virtually? Pretty sure Thurs Friday practices is when that takes place.

Still confounded that there were no crossing routes and Diggs/Dropvis/WR 3 were all going 15-25 yards. I find it impossible that Diggs couldn’t get open in the middle like at 9 yards out.
                  No, there really wasn't any time to institute a game plan. But, they looked equally as bad in the previous 3 weeks when they were working on a normal schedule. So, I can't dismiss the struggles as a lack of opportunity for a game plan when it's the continuation of a 4 week trend.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

As of today I'd agree with your assessment. But things change in the NFL. Teams change. We were cruising into the bye. Now we're struggling. The Chiefs look like the team to beat but in 8 weeks that could look different. I'm done trying to predict. If we get healthy on D and the offense gets their **** together we could peak at the perfect time. The Chiefs could be peaking to early. It's hard to play at your best all season long. I'll just take it a game at a time and see what happens.

Comment

• TheConsigliere
                      • Aug 2022

Miss Beasley?

LOL!!!

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Historian View Post

Great post
                        Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Woodman
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by TheConsigliere View Post
                          Miss Beasley?

LOL!!!

Kickass!

Comment

• Skooby
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

It’s like injuries have made us average, go figure. Get healthy, we win it all.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                              Ok, let's start with some positives.

First and foremost, we got the W. We stopped the bleeding and managed to get ahead of the Jets and stay ahead of the Pats.

We finally got some rushing yards from people not named Josh Allen. Granted, it was against a D that's bad against the run, but it's a start.

Despite the defensive struggles, Milano had one hell of a game.

That being said...

We let them hang around WAY too long. That final onside kick was scary. We were 1 or 2 plays away from a choke. Taiwan Jones made two really smart decisions on that play. First, he hit the Cleveland player so he couldn't grab the ball, then Jones wisely batted the ball out of bounds rather than trying to recover it.

Too many FG's. Props to Bass for making all of them but we need to be better in the red zone. FG's may beat Cleveland. They won't beat better teams.

The D is just bad. Jacoby ****ing Brissett had 324 yards and 3 TD's. Yes, we stopped their running backs but only because we sold out and let them pass all over us. Even with Poyer, the defensive backfield was out of sync. If we don't get healthy, we're screwed. And while I do think Edmunds is overrated, this team is better with him on the field than without him.

Von Miller is a contributor, but he's not an impact player anymore. At this point, his contribution is more as a vet leader/locker room guy than on the field.

Yes, the disruption/distraction of the snow storm, moving the game, and lack of opportunity to practice probably contributed to the problems. But two things: first, they've been bad more than they've been good since the bye, even in the 3 games when weather disruptions/lack of practice were not an issue. Second, we play again in 4 days so there really isn't much time to practice and fix those issues. Detroit is not a great team, and they just beat a good Giants team who runs a similar O to us.

And FWIW that resilient Minnesota team that beat us last week got humiliated by Dallas. At this point, I don't see how we win a rematch against the Chiefs, Titans or Ravens, but if we do somehow make the SB, we're just gonna get smoked by Dallas or Philly.
                              It's a long season. Eagles are looking super average the last two weeks. Ravens scored a massive 13 points versus the Panthers. We had six weeks of looking unstoppable, three weeks of looking kinda average. We did that last year too. At this point it's kinda silly to project us getting smoked by anyone 8 weeks from now.
                              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

Working...
                              X