• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Von Miller out for year

I've had enough of Thanksgiving day games, **** you very much.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mace
      Haha...yeah you think so ?
      • Mar 2013

Beane has gained a lot of gray hair, I notice.

Comment

• kgun12
        • Jul 2002

I am SO tired of the Bills and the Sabres bad luck. So much so that maybe it was a blessing we lost the Braves and didn’t get a MLB ball team. The city of Buffalo MUST be built on the biggest Indian burial ground in the country!

Sorry, it’s been a tough couple of weeks and I’m tired of all the bad luck!
        Retired Air Traffic Controller
        USAF VETERAN
        DAV

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
          I am SO tired of the Bills and the Sabres bad luck. So much so that maybe it was a blessing we lost the Braves and didn’t get a MLB ball team. The city of Buffalo MUST be built on the biggest Indian burial ground in the country!

Everyone has bad luck. Bad luck is annoying.

Comment

• Mace
            • Mar 2013

I hate to say it, but you can't bank on a 33 year old FA taking you over the top in the 6th year of a program when you could have gone to a Super Bowl the previous year without him. I'm really sorry he's injured, look forward to having him back, but stuffing the roster with more theoretical talent just won't make up for the fact coaching needs to step up. They're trying to stuff more talent to make up for the coaching, imho, and that's inherently perilous with older fa's.

Comment

• kgun12
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
              Everyone has bad luck. Bad luck is annoying.
              I think what any Buffalo team has gone through is WAY passed annoying. Most of us are use go through every season waiting for failure to the point we can’t enjoy the good things during the season. OPi and Inbounds are as tormented with this team than most will admit. Annoying is the wrong word, it’ is way bigger than that.
              I have lost all emotional attachment to the Bills, but the Miller injury news is a kick in my nuts, I can’t imagine what the rest of you are feeling!
              Retired Air Traffic Controller
              USAF VETERAN
              DAV

Comment

• Mace
                • Mar 2013

I think what any Buffalo team has gone through is WAY passed annoying. Most of us are use go through every season waiting for failure to the point we can’t enjoy the good things during the season. OPi and Inbounds are as tormented with this team than most will admit. Annoying is the wrong word, it’ is way bigger than that.
                I have lost all emotional attachment to the Bills, but the Miller injury news is a kick in my nuts, I can’t imagine what the rest of you are feeling!
                Yanno.....I think Beane is more capable of engineering a roster than McDermott will ever be in coaching it. There. I said it.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                  My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                  Well, going by what Beane said "The doctor felt like it wasn't going to hold, and he needed to repair" sounds a bit more optimistic than an ACL tear. It sounds like wasn't actually completely torn?

I have no idea if that makes a difference in recovery or whatever, or if they actually replaced the ACL like they normally do, or if they did something else?
                  A complete tear would show up immediately with manual testing on the field. A significant but incomplete tear is normally easy to spot on imagery, like spotting one kid in a class of 30 if she's the only one raising her hand. This would clearly be a partial that was small enough to hide from an MRI. Anything more than a 10% tear is a no-go for a pro football player, especially if there is meniscus involvement. It creates an instability that puts the player at significant risk of a complete "terrible triad" injury. That would likely end Von's career as we know it.

Comment

• Woodman
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                    Opi forgot to switch accounts.

Always knew he was a closet KC fan.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                      My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                      • Apr 2004

You know, I was slack jawed when things fell into place this weekend for the Bills to regain the #1 seed. We're never that lucky.

So, yeah. Got the kick in the nuts right quick.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                        I've had enough of Thanksgiving day games, **** you very much.
                        We may have become a fixture.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                          You know, I was slack jawed when things fell into place this weekend for the Bills to regain the #1 seed. We're never that lucky.

So, yeah. Got the kick in the nuts right quick.
                          We're still all grabbing at the pouch with that unmistakeable swearing death laden scream.

What?

Sounded about right.

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                            A complete tear would show up immediately with manual testing on the field. A significant but incomplete tear is normally easy to spot on imagery, like spotting one kid in a class of 30 if she's the only one raising her hand. This would clearly be a partial that was small enough to hide from an MRI. Anything more than a 10% tear is a no-go for a pro football player, especially if there is meniscus involvement. It creates an instability that puts the player at significant risk of a complete "terrible triad" injury. That would likely end Von's career as we know it.
                            It's out of our control now ..... his attitude is absolutely what it needs to be.

Don't feel sorry for me I'm gonna work my ass off is basically what he told his teammates.

He will still have an impact in that locker room and beyond if I had to guess.

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

Miller will spend the offseason rehabbing with the hope that he won’t miss much of 2023.
                              “We think if everything goes well with rehab, we’ll have him for most of 2023,” Beane said.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-most-of-2023/

Comment

• imbondz
                                Democrats are people too
                                • Jan 2003

We just can’t have nice things. That’s all it is. There’s no silver lining. We needed Miller in the playoffs.
                                My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

Working...
                                X