X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Troubling quote from von miller that no one is talking about

Yesterday on the pat mcafee show, von said he was planning on this being his last year but now his acl is causing him to want to continue playing because he doesnt want to go out like that. That bothers me... a lot. We signed him for what we thought was at minimum, 3 yrs, but he strait out said he was going to retire after this year

does anyone else find that a bit odd?
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Re: Troubling quote from von miller that no one is talking about

Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Buffalo Bills pass-rusher Von Miller believes he has a lot left to his career despite suffering a torn ACL two weeks ago, as he told The Pat McAfee Show on Thursday:

"It's nothing but work, you're never out of the fight, man," Miller said. "I plan on playing four, five, six more years, and this is the route I had to take to get there."

Buffalo Bills pass-rusher Von Miller believes he has a lot left to his career despite suffering a torn ACL two weeks ago, as he told The Pat McAfee...

Comment

• Cntrygal
        Visually stunning but camera-shy.
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
        Yesterday on the pat mcafee show, von said he was planning on this being his last year but now his acl is causing him to want to continue playing because he doesnt want to go out like that. That bothers me... a lot. We signed him for what we thought was at minimum, 3 yrs, but he strait out said he was going to retire after this year

does anyone else find that a bit odd?
        That's not how I understood him. I understood him to say that IF this were his last year... then he would have tried playing out the year. But, since he plans on playing for several more years - it was better to get it fixed correctly now.
        Originally posted by notacon
        The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Meh. People say messed up stuff when they’re hurt. He flat out said he was here to help us win a SB. Now, he’s both in physical pain with the injury and upset that he can’t help with the stretch run or the playoffs.

Ever watch UFC? Fighters frequently claim they are retiring during the post fight interview after a loss, and at least half of them rethink it when they aren’t physically and emotionally drained. To me, this feels like the same thing.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Cntrygal View Post
            That's not how I understood him. I understood him to say that IF this were his last year... then he would have tried playing out the year. But, since he plans on playing for several more years - it was better to get it fixed correctly now.
            That's exactly what he said and meant.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

I have zero expectations that he would see out this contract. If he was health and we won one this year then I could have absolutely seen him retiring. Now he’s definitely coming back and that’s a positive.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mace
                Haha...yeah you think so ?
                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                I have zero expectations that he would see out this contract. If he was health and we won one this year then I could have absolutely seen him retiring. Now he’s definitely coming back and that’s a positive.

Oh, I don't see him playing out the contract, but I never saw him being the guy to take a season and run for the bus. He's going to eat an extra year no matter on the decline after he figures he's done. At the very least, the dude is a real pro.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                  Oh, I don't see him playing out the contract, but I never saw him being the guy to take a season and run for the bus. He's going to eat an extra year no matter on the decline after he figures he's done. At the very least, the dude is a real pro.
                  He’s staying as long as the Bills are paying. If he produces the next 2 years, he will stay somewhere for more.

Cash is king.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                    • Mar 2004

Taken way out of context.

Comment

• Cali512
                      • Jan 2012

Yeah i heard it wrong

Comment

• Ingtar33
                        Dances With Buffaloes
                        • Sep 2002

yeah, i think you heard it wrong my fella.

he wasn't saying that at all. it was a hypothetical, he made it clear he
                        1) wants to win another superbowl
                        2) wants to play another 5-6 years if he can
                        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Cali512
                          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                          yeah, i think you heard it wrong my fella.

he wasn't saying that at all. it was a hypothetical, he made it clear he
                          1) wants to win another superbowl
                          2) wants to play another 5-6 years if he can

I was at work and i think i got distracted then heard him say that, and with the thumbnail, i misread the situation

Comment

• Borosai
                            • Sep 2003

It doesn't help that the title and thumbnail of the video on Youtube say the same thing. Clearly clickbait, which is an absurd and completely unnecessary strategy for Pat McAfee and his brand.

Comment

• Cali512
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Borosai View Post
                              It doesn't help that the title and thumbnail of the video on Youtube say the same thing. Clearly clickbait, which is an absurd and completely unnecessary strategy for Pat McAfee and his brand.

I watch the show literally everyday. I honestly feel like they do that almost sarcastically. If you watch the show, its hard to take those things seriously. My issue is the only thing i heard was that. Regardless your right, i just know that show isnt about being click baity, they try and be almost sarcastic about that stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍