X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

We dont need more weapons

We need a scheme that utilizes these weapons. Do you really think in our scheme we would make the chiefs receiving core work? How would our receivers look for the chiefs? Look at the 49ers. Do you really think Kittle, Deebo, Ajuik would work in our offense?

We keep wanting us to add these weapons to our offense like one will fix something. We can literally trade for Kelce and add another diggs, and our offense the way it is will still not run as efficiently as the chiefs. Our scheme is the issue, not our weapons.

Seriously, imagine Reid with Singletary, Cook, Davis, Mckenzie, Diggs, Knox. Imagine THEM in his offense

Focus on a new Oc, an OL/DL/MLB/S

We dont need a penny spent on weapons until the line and scheme are fixed
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • Saratoga Slim
    • Jul 2005

Re: We dont need more weapons

Honestly, our weapons are pretty similar to the Chiefs at this point. We both have an alpha guy (Diggs/Kelce) and a bunch of role players. Agree that the Dorsey system didn't maximize our talent this year--I blame that for Josh's clear regression. Josh may have tendency to play hero, but Daboll reigned that in last year and found a way to keep Josh on the rails. When he did Josh was arguably the best QB on the planet. Coaching is here to maximize talent, and I don't see how you can argue Dorsey did that.

That said, Cincy, San Francisco, and Philly all have more talent at the skill positions. I'd trade what we have for Chase/Higgins/Mixon, Deebo/McCaffrey/Kittle/Aiyuk, or Brown/Smith/Goedert/Sanders. We do need to upgrade the tools closet.
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• kgun12
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
      We need a scheme that utilizes these weapons. Do you really think in our scheme we would make the chiefs receiving core work? How would our receivers look for the chiefs? Look at the 49ers. Do you really think Kittle, Deebo, Ajuik would work in our offense?

We keep wanting us to add these weapons to our offense like one will fix something. We can literally trade for Kelce and add another diggs, and our offense the way it is will still not run as efficiently as the chiefs. Our scheme is the issue, not our weapons.

Seriously, imagine Reid with Singletary, Cook, Davis, Mckenzie, Diggs, Knox. Imagine THEM in his offense

Focus on a new Oc, an OL/DL/MLB/S

We dont need a penny spent on weapons until the line and scheme are fixed
      I agree with this, it’s concerning to me that WR’s run undisciplined routes, it’s concerning to me that Von talks to Davis and it’s news that David caught balls from the Juggs machine like this was a new development, it’s concerning we don’t run the ball more, it’s concerning that we have finally have a quarterback but can’t protect him. It’s concerning that I look at Josh’s eyes and I’m seeing the same confusion and lack of confidence I saw at the end in Losman, Johnson and all the rest at the end of their Bills career. It’s concerning to me that we probably don’t replace Dorsey, it’s concerning that we will probably put a few bandaids on things and nothing changes on offense.

Then there’s the defensive issues!
      Last edited by kgun12; 01-23-2023, 10:46 AM.
      Retired Air Traffic Controller
      USAF VETERAN
      DAV

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

we bring in Cook , Hines , Beasely (back) and Mckenzie yet we dont know what to do with them. Good thing we didnt bring in McCaffrey
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Historian
          2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
          • Dec 2002

We need a legit #2 receiver, or a legit #1 so Diggs can be #2.

Shakir seems like a fine #3.

Comment

• Jeff1220
            H to the 12:20
            • Jul 2002

Dorsey sucks. With a Defense-minded HC we need a top notch OC, and not a guy trying to figure the job out.

Comment

• imbondz
              Democrats are people too
              • Jan 2003

When was the last time we saw a screen play or slant to Beasley?
              My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• sukie
                Seriously?
                • Sep 2012

Cowherd summed it up. He said Cincy had a game plan. Short quick crisp plays to match down field… Buffalo was just calling plays 3 and out. No plan.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

We obviously need more weapons for Josh.

Why do you think we brought back John Brown and Cole Beasley?

All the WRs after Diggs are complete and total garbage, yes that includes Gabe Davis.

If Gabe Davis stepped up, if McKenzie stepped up then Brown and Beasley wouldn't have needed to be here.

If Singletary and Cook were good enough, then we don't go out and trade for Hines.

This offense is 3 people, Allen Diggs Knox, that's all it has. If the defense takes away Diggs, Knox isn't the Kittle or Kelce type to carry a pass offense on top of the fact then Diggs starts throwing a tantrum.

The OC isn't good but neither is the offensive talent behind those three guys.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                    We obviously need more weapons for Josh.

Why do you think we brought back John Brown and Cole Beasley?

All the WRs after Diggs are complete and total garbage, yes that includes Gabe Davis.

If Gabe Davis stepped up, if McKenzie stepped up then Brown and Beasley wouldn't have needed to be here.

If Singletary and Cook were good enough, then we don't go out and trade for Hines.

This offense is 3 people, Allen Diggs Knox, that's all it has. If the defense takes away Diggs, Knox isn't the Kittle or Kelce type to carry a pass offense on top of the fact then Diggs starts throwing a tantrum.

The OC isn't good but neither is the offensive talent behind those three guys.
                    Daboll would've found a way .
                    Look what he did for Hodgins.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jeff1220
                      H to the 12:20
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                      ...and for Daniel Jones!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                        I dunno, 33 catches, 4 TDs in 8 games isn't exactly a world beater.

Not to mention he completely disappeared in the playoff game against Philly

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Jeff1220 View Post
                          ...and for Daniel Jones!
                          Yeah, the Giants 26th ranked pass offense!

He did do a good job of coaching Daniel up to protect the football though, I'll give him credit for that.

Comment

• Borosai
                            • Sep 2003

Sure, having a team full of star players would be great, but I agree with the opinion that the OC/scheme is the biggest problem. There's enough skill position talent to win, but the one-dimensional and predictable system wastes most of it.

The OL needs to be upgraded. That's the #1 on-field need. With a legit OC and a really good OL, everyone would look much better.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                              • Mar 2015

Dorsey + a defensive minded HC is a dead end to futility.

Comment

Working...
                              X