• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Re: Beane End of the Season Presser

Originally posted by notacon View Post
    Beane made the right move.
    That is going too far. I understand his thinking, thus not faulting him. But you can't say it is the right move, because clearly, drafting Jefferson, you would have a cheaper and better WR than Diggs while still have the additional draft picks you gave up in the trade.

If they had done the home work on Jefferson to the level of evaluating Josh and convinced that he can be a now-looking HOF level player, things would be very different. Josh was drafted 7th because not many was buying into what he can become like Beane, McDermott believed.

Comment

• notacon
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
      That is going too far. I understand his thinking, thus not faulting him. But you can't say it is the right move, because clearly, drafting Jefferson, you would have a cheaper and better WR than Diggs while still have the additional draft picks you gave up in the trade.

If they had done the home work on Jefferson to the level of evaluating Josh and convinced that he can be a now-looking HOF level player, things would be very different. Josh was drafted 7th because not many was buying into what he can become like Beane, McDermott believed.

Hindsight is 20/20.

There was ZERO guarantee that Jefferson would become what he did.

Four WR’s being drafted ahead of him proves that fact.

Comment

• sahlensguy
        • Mar 2015

Originally posted by notacon View Post
        Hindsight is 20/20.

There was ZERO guarantee that Jefferson would become what he did.

Four WR’s being drafted ahead of him proves that fact.
        Would have been nice to just draft the wr they liked and spent the Diggs' money on a FA. I'll take the 2 for 1 anyday.

Comment

• notacon
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
          Would have been nice to just draft the wr they liked and spent the Diggs' money on a FA. I'll take the 2 for 1 anyday.
          Nope.

Comment

Working...
          X