• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • notacon
    • Aug 2012

Re: Where do we go FA or Draft

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
    Of course comparing tackle numbers across the league is irrelevant. What’s not irrelevant is that most MLBs lead their teams in tackles to begin with so congrats, Edmunds is average. He does not do one (1) thing on the field athletically that is elite. He doesn’t sack the QB, he doesn’t pick the ball off, and he isn’t a run stopper. Please explain how we can’t fill his shoes for MUCH less money? He’s walking and if he’s lucky he’ll get to play for a defense that will utilize his talents better than just standing out in space like someone said, a scarecrow. Perfect analogy.
    Nonsense.

Comment

• jamze132
      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by notacon View Post
      Nonsense.
      It’s “nonsense” because you can’t refute the fact that he’s not an elite MLB…got it.

I 100% guarantee you that if he had more of an impact in turnovers and negative plays he’d stay in Buffalo as one of the highest paid LBs in the league.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Except he IS a player “OC’s plan for”. And QB’s are affected by his presence.
        They actually run at him knowing he can be blocked easily by a single blocker.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• sukie
          Seriously?
          • Sep 2012

Nonsense.
          So Edmunds does pick off passes, sacks the QB, and is awesome at run stuffing. Got it.

Comment

• notacon
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
            They actually run at him knowing he can be blocked easily by a single blocker.
            Nonsense.

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

Originally posted by sukie View Post
              So Edmunds does pick off passes, sacks the QB, and is awesome at run stuffing. Got it.
              I'll make a wish now.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• kgun12
                • Jul 2002

Edmunds best year stat wise was his rookie year. Not by much but it was his best year. So why can’t we bring in a rookie that can play as well as Edmunds did his rookie year?
                Retired Air Traffic Controller
                USAF VETERAN
                DAV

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
                  Edmunds best year stat wise was his rookie year. Not by much but it was his best year. So why can’t we bring in a rookie that can play as well as Edmunds did his rookie year?
                  Doesn't look like there is one in this draft. There are hitters against the run with limited range uncertain in coverage, and lighter rangers who get stuck on linemen in the run game. Either would be workable if we had a dc who could scheme for his players, but we don't.

I always mention too, in Edmunds 1st year, we used 3 linebackers more, Milano played the other side and we used Lorenzo Alexander.

Comment

• sukie
                    Seriously?
                    • Sep 2012

What about a hybrid LB safety type?

Comment

• Mace
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                      What about a hybrid LB safety type?
                      Some of those, but we'd still be short an mlb because they don't fit for size and will have the same Edmunds problem against the run getting tangled up with blockers. The tankier ones don't have the coverage range for scheme, and you're sacrificing a higher pick for the best of them that you could use on OL. Bills only have 6 picks atm, and two of them are 5th round, all of them late in the round besides the 1st 5th, so we'd have to trade at least 2 to move up marginally.

Comment

• kgun12
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                        Doesn't look like there is one in this draft. There are hitters against the run with limited range uncertain in coverage, and lighter rangers who get stuck on linemen in the run game. Either would be workable if we had a dc who could scheme for his players, but we don't.

I always mention too, in Edmunds 1st year, we used 3 linebackers more, Milano played the other side and we used Lorenzo Alexander.
                        We don’t have a run stopper in Edmunds so if they have any cover skills we save 17 million!
                        Retired Air Traffic Controller
                        USAF VETERAN
                        DAV

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

Buffalo only has two free agents that I consider to be difference makers: Tremaine Edmunds and Jordan Poyer. I expect they will keep one and let the other walk. Between the two, I think it makes far more sense to keep the 24 year old Edmunds and let the 31 year old Poyer walk. But then maybe I'm biased against aging players because I'm so young myself.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
                            Buffalo only has two free agents that I consider to be difference makers: Tremaine Edmunds and Jordan Poyer. I expect they will keep one and let the other walk. Between the two, I think it makes far more sense to keep the 24 year old Edmunds and let the 31 year old Poyer walk. But then maybe I'm biased against aging players because I'm so young myself.
                            Agree if you keep 1 it must be Edmunds at this point.

In fact unless Poyer's wife has a change of heart he's gone.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ View Post
                              There's a good chance we lose both. The cap situation is not good.

I think Poyer's gone. I hate to see it because he's still an excellent player, but it just doesn't make sense to give big money to a 32 y/o coming off multiple injuries.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mace
                                • Mar 2013

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
                                We don’t have a run stopper in Edmunds so if they have any cover skills we save 17 million!
                                Heh, true.

I mean there are solutions we just don't appear capable of.

- get the coverage guy and adjust the scheme
                                - get the hitter and adjust the coverages

Teams have succeeded with wee fast lb's, by swarming the ball and gang tackling. That's a hallmark of Tampa-2 coverage anyway. Teams have succeeded with a hitter in the middle, who can also rush and cover with a more limited range by adjusting the zones. But we don't move people around and adapt to anything. They used Miller as a semi wildcard, he's got to rotate snaps anyway, get someone else who can be a wildcard too that he can rotate with.

Doesn't seem they think like that though. They basically took a Tampa-2 defense and neutered it into a soft prevent defense scheme, figuring well, just keep stuffing better players into it.

They're going to run short next year, imho it's inevitable. Grab an LB or safety early in the draft you aren't going to get the future OL to take care of Allen, and they don't want to play rookies at critical positions anyway.

Dunno how this ends up, but it doesn't look promising to me atm.

Comment

Working...
                                X