• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swiper
    Legendary Zoner
    • Sep 2010

Re: 2022-2023 Sabres Thread

NHL said not a kicking motion Sabres fans. Get over it. THAT was not the problem. The islanders had 30 blocked shots. Granato not so great. He has these kids waaaaay too tenitive. Here, Paul Hamilton puts forth one of many examples:

This is the first time most of these young players have ever played in an NHL playoff race. They are getting valuable experience, but what they'll learn from this game is the Islanders had 30 blocked shots. The Sabres worried so much about it, they passed up many golden opportunities to shoot.

Late in the game and down a goal, Jacob Bryson came right down the wide-open slot. It was just him and Sorokin, but for some reason that I can’t explain, he tried a cross-ice pass through three Islanders to a covered guy who would’ve had an off-angle shot had he gotten the pass.

Bryson had a Grade-A opportunity. He has to shoot that puck 100-out-of-100 times.

That’s just one example of many.

The Buffalo Sabres had their biggest game of the year on Tuesday in Long Island against the New York Islanders, but got dominated in the final 30 minutes and lost, 3-2. Paul Hamilton shares his postgame thoughts:

I was shouting at Bryson through the TV screen when he did that. He's not the only one. They ALL are doing that. Maybe with the exception of Cozens & Thompson.
    Last edited by swiper; 03-08-2023, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I don’t care what the NHL said. I saw the replay a dozen times and it’s clearly a kicking motion. But, like I said, they didn’t play well enough tho won that game anyway.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• swiper
        Legendary Zoner
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
        I don’t care what the NHL said. I saw the replay a dozen times and it’s clearly a kicking motion. But, like I said, they didn’t play well enough tho won that game anyway.
        LOL. You're wrong. It has to be intentionally kicked into the net. That was not intentional.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by swiper View Post
          LOL. You're wrong. It has to be intentionally kicked into the net. That was not intentional.
          looked pretty damn intentional to me. Also, if that's the rule, it's a stupid rule. There was a clear kicking motion. There's no way for an official to know what a player's intent for that kicking motion was.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
            • Apr 2004

Maybe next year.

A couple of complimentary pieces in FA this year and see if the kids take another step.

Comment

• swiper
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2010

looked pretty damn intentional to me. Also, if that's the rule, it's a stupid rule. There was a clear kicking motion. There's no way for an official to know what a player's intent for that kicking motion was.
              No.

Comment

• Novacane
                • Jul 2002

Folding like a cheap suit.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Total choke job the last 3 games. I was really hoping they would beat the odds but they just aren’t there.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• swiper
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2010

10-4. Getting blown out in their own building again. Golly every fan should be missing Lindy Ruff right now. This team is nothing without Tuch in the lineup.

Stillman & Greenway seem to have made the roster weaker. Get a damn goaltender. Even Regier did that.
                    Last edited by swiper; 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• ckg927
                      Not quite Best in the World....
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by swiper View Post
                      10-4. Getting blown out in their own building again. Golly every fan should be missing Lindy Ruff right now. This team is nothing without Tuch in the lineup.

Stillman & Greenway seem to have made the roster weaker. Get a damn goaltender. Even Regier did that.

If I was Comrie, I'd tell Adams and Granato "That's my LAST game here." He should have been pulled after the FIRST, never mind leaving him in there for this shellacking.
                      John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
                      David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

• ckg927
                        Not quite Best in the World....
                        • Aug 2012

Total choke job the last 3 games. I was really hoping they would beat the odds but they just aren’t there.
                        Honestly, I feel the same way. I thought that getting to this point would be an achievement in itself, but to see Buffalo lose two close games in heartbreaking fashion then to see THIS...is too much.

And this roster needs a LOT of fine-tuning. I don't think Okposo will be back-I believe his contract's up. Let him sign with another team, or let him retire a Sabre. Deal off Bryson for whatever you can. And, for God's sake, start finding what I call bastards(players with an edge to them who can also contribute). Sign them if you can. Draft them if you can.
                        John Hemingway(facing certain death): I want to see Buffalo win the Super Bowl.
                        David Coltrane(threatening John): Nobody's going to live that long, pal.

-The John Larroquette Show, "A Dark and Stormy Night", 4/12/94

Comment

• swiper
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by ckg927 View Post
                          Honestly, I feel the same way. I thought that getting to this point would be an achievement in itself, but to see Buffalo lose two close games in heartbreaking fashion then to see THIS...is too much.

And this roster needs a LOT of fine-tuning. I don't think Okposo will be back-I believe his contract's up. Let him sign with another team, or let him retire a Sabre. Deal off Bryson for whatever you can. And, for God's sake, start finding what I call bastards(players with an edge to them who can also contribute). Sign them if you can. Draft them if you can.
                          Okposo & Girgensons should be done as Sabres after this year. Thank you for your service. Goaltender, defenseman, another scoring winger so they can at least run 2 solid lines every game. IDK if Greenway is the muscle. Time will tell. But take him off the first line please. They need Tuch back.

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

Not choking. You have to be good to actually choke.

They have to learn how to play Defense as a team. That's in addition to the Goalie issue. No more false beliefs.

That can only be established in summer camp with some new faces and maybe coaches on the roster. Can't play D and cannot kill penalties. Nothing will change until work is put in.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                              Not choking. You have to be good to actually choke.

They have to learn how to play Defense as a team. That's in addition to the Goalie issue. No more false beliefs.

That can only be established in summer camp with some new faces and maybe coaches on the roster. Can't play D and cannot kill penalties. Nothing will change until work is put in.
                              Disagree. The Sabres are not a good team yet, but they're better than losing 3 straight with the last one being dominated 10-4 at home. They had a chance and they couldn't get it done. I know it's technically not over yet, but they won't mentally recover from last night.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Novacane
                                • Jul 2002

I'd call it a choke too. If it was 3 in a row to the Boston and Carolinas I'd shrug it off. They're supposed to be on par with the teams they've lost to this week. They choked.

Comment

Working...
                                X