• Show
Clear All
  • sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: He looks different (Levi)

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    I don't know what makes more sense.

The worry has to be that he gets completely rattled and his confidence completely shot from having to play in these high pressure type of games where let's face it, he isn't exactly playing well.

I'm not saying he can't be the guy one day but he needs a lot of seasoning at this point and he's been put into a spot that he's not ready for right now.

Another half of a game and the goals he's allowed again are because of big juicy rebounds and/or completely losing track of where the puck is. The third goal the Devils scored, Levi was looking back in the net before the puck even got back there.
    Yeah… follow the “seasoning” recipe of UPL… it’s brilliant.

Comment

• Cali512
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
      I don't know what makes more sense.

The worry has to be that he gets completely rattled and his confidence completely shot from having to play in these high pressure type of games where let's face it, he isn't exactly playing well.

I'm not saying he can't be the guy one day but he needs a lot of seasoning at this point and he's been put into a spot that he's not ready for right now.

Another half of a game and the goals he's allowed again are because of big juicy rebounds and/or completely losing track of where the puck is. The third goal the Devils scored, Levi was looking back in the net before the puck even got back there.

Would rather those goals than any goal possible

Hes playing better than any goalie the sabres have had this season in the highest pressure moments of the season. Its not like today we were focussed on giving him help, every play was us trying to get the puck on a rush

You act like his main flaw of losing control of the puck or site in a scrum is somehow a bad thing. Thats literally the most fixable possible thing a goaltender could get used to. That is strictly due to him being raw, everything else he does is unteachable. Him getting across in wide open attempts, his positioning on breakways/shootouts, his ability to make amazing saves, his ability to make saves during point shots, those are skills a lot of players never develop. Finding the puck in a scrum will be easily fixable during time, when the game gets slower

Hes played great this season especially for the circumstances he was put in. He was put into a desperate playoff push and hes played good enough to win
      Last edited by Cali512; 04-11-2023, 09:13 PM.
      Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by sukie View Post
        Come on… have you had the trauma removed from your memory? The nickname “Mr Softey”? That therapy worked too well.
        The nickname me softy wasn't deaerved
        Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

He's 21 years old and has a bunch of amateur experience in pressure situations. He has been thrust immediately into the pro level, during an end of season playoff push, and has performed really well for the most part...they certainly aren't losing games because of him. He needs a bunch more development and experience obviously, not convinced the best place for that is Rochester.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
            He's 21 years old and has a bunch of amateur experience in pressure situations. He has been thrust immediately into the pro level, during an end of season playoff push, and has performed really well for the most part...they certainly aren't losing games because of him. He needs a bunch more development and experience obviously, not convinced the best place for that is Rochester.
            Agree with most of this. The Levi we see now is a very raw version of the Levi the Sabres will hopefully develop. Last night, he got exposed a few times by a VERY good Devils team. We all knew it would happen eventually. We all know it'll happen again.

I've been vocal in my support of having Levi in Roch for development, but I can certainly see the other end of that debate as well.

All I know is we got a goalie for the future and I don't wanna mess it up. And several games in April like Levi has had isnt going to do that
            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

Working...
            X