• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goobylal
    • Jan 2004

Re: Bills Mafia prepared for life after Tremaine Edmunds

Originally posted by notacon View Post
    Are the “people” who may have “been calling for McD to take play-calling away from him” fans on sites like this??? Spare me.

Sorry, but the all the information, and those from “insiders”....the people that are in the know are not saying anything like this....

Insider Sheds New Light on Bills DC Leslie Frazier’s Mysterious Exit

Yeah....the assistant coach who is “embarrassed” (probably more pissed off than embarrassed) is talking (disgustingly so) directly to those “people” who may have “been calling for McD to take play-calling away from him”

Another example of some “fans” not knowing the first clue what they are talking about (in respect to what goes on within the Bills organization) in order to **** on a Bills coach.

Here is the originally published “mailbag" comment that is referred to above...

This is the Tim Graham article that the assistant coach is quoted....and the title to the article tells it all....

Graham: Why Bills fans got their fickle wish with Leslie Frazier’s exit

Like I said above....the idea that Frazier was pushed out, or left because of the phantom idea that defensive play calling was being taken away...I doubt VERY MUCH and there is zero evidence of that....except in the musings on ill informed “fans” guessing.

The upshot is that a lot of Bills “fans” suck. They don’t deserve an elite team.
    Yeah, like I said, Frazier could have stayed as the DC in name, but with McD calling the plays. IOW a demotion.

And no one is happy to see him go because he's a good coach and person, but they needed to make changes on defense. So now McD gets his chance. And then he's on the hot seat.

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mace View Post
      There isn't anyone else because they didn't replace Frazier. McD isn't going to trust the fresh Holcomb...and took over playcalling sometimes anyway. Frazier will be back if he wants to be. Beane said so.
      Fair enough. But which came first: Frazier being told play-calling was being taken away or him leaving and then McD taking over play-calling?

Comment

• Mace
        Haha...yeah you think so ?
        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
        Fair enough. But which came first: Frazier being told play-calling was being taken away or him leaving and then McD taking over play-calling?
        I'm no fan of Frazier....but I haven't seen anything that said McD was taking over playcalling before Frazier said he was taking a season off ?

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

I'm no fan of Frazier....but I haven't seen anything that said McD was taking over playcalling before Frazier said he was taking a season off ?
          If that's the way it happened, and I believe it is, you weren't going to see it before it happened. There were only 2 people that needed to be in the original loop: McD telling Beane he was doing it, and those guys aren't letting that slip.

Comment

• Mace
            Haha...yeah you think so ?
            • Mar 2013

If that's the way it happened, and I believe it is, you weren't going to see it before it happened. There were only 2 people that needed to be in the original loop: McD telling Beane he was doing it, and those guys aren't letting that slip.
            See...I don't know....and to me it would be worse because it's unfortunately not a defense built for McD's Jim Johnson background.....and so...to me outside hiis comfort zone. McD has taken over playcalling before with no evidence it bothered the placid Frazier. I just don't believe it myself but I see where you're coming from and can't conclusively prove otherwise either.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

That’s because the new narrative is just spin to justify previous opinions that now appear to be completely off base. It happens.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

See...I don't know....and to me it would be worse because it's unfortunately not a defense built for McD's Jim Johnson background.....and so...to me outside hiis comfort zone. McD has taken over playcalling before with no evidence it bothered the placid Frazier. I just don't believe it myself but I see where you're coming from and can't conclusively prove otherwise either.
                Wait, you think McD built a defense he doesn't feel comfortable coaching?

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                That’s because the new narrative is just spin to justify previous opinions that now appear to be completely off base. It happens.
                Why is it "completely off base" that McD was going to take over play-calling, thus prompting Frazier to leave?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Wait, you think McD built a defense he doesn't feel comfortable coaching?

Why is it "completely off base" that McD was going to take over play-calling, thus prompting Frazier to leave?
                  Because you’re making up a secret conversation between McD and Beane to act like it was totally going to happen that way.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                    Because you’re making up a secret conversation between McD and Beane to act like it was totally going to happen that way.
                    Look, it's year 5 with Josh and the Bills are no closer to a SB appearance, much less win. Something had/has to change and since Dorsey was in his first year as OC, this was the move that needed to be made. Personally I think this should have happened last season, i.e. after 13 seconds, but here we are. Again if it happened they way I think it did, only 2 (maybe also Terry) needed to be involved in the conversation, thus we weren't going to hear about it beforehand since they wouldn't reveal it, at the very least out of respect for Frazier. If you believe that things were going to stay exactly the same and Frazier just quit, then that's your opinion and while I disagree with it completely, I'll defend your right to believe it and not call it "completely off base."

Comment

• Goobylal
                      • Jan 2004

Let me amend what I said and change it to "we just finished year 5..."

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by WildBills View Post
                        Do you really believe that?
                        He does.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Apr 2014

Goobylal is 100% spot on take your time when you read his posts.

Woodman Goobylal

Comprehension is the key.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• FanBack
                            • May 2023

That makes sense. And the delayed announcement of McDermott calling plays supports that. It would have been disrespectful to announce that immediately after the Frasier exit; but we know that was predetermined.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

The team hired Al Holcomb, with experience working under McDermott already, on February 9th, literally creating a position for him on the staff. The public announcement for Frazier taking the year off came three weeks later.

Obviously there were conversations behind the scenes prior to 2/9 regarding doing some things differently moving forward, whether or not those conversations specifically involved McD taking over the play-calling we don't know, but the timeline doesn't necessarily support the perception that no changes were going to be made.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• sukie
                                Seriously?
                                • Sep 2012

I agree that the stench of 13 seconds (actually 10) was when a change was needed. Failure in the playoffs totally eclipses any great regular season accomplishments ( cough- Bruins_)

I maintain that there was hope Frazier would leave for another DC job or HC job (providing draft picks to Buffalo) then when the hiring ended, Frazier was let “leave” on his own vs being fired. It’s a better look.

Comment

Working...
                                X