• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Bills no pressure like last year.

I like this. No one has the Bills even making the Super Bowl. I guess playoff futility has created a “show me” attitude with all the talking heads.

the Bills are anywhere from 4th to 10th in league preseason power rankings. (The 10 is a guess with Acho having Buffalo as 7th in AFC behind Fins and Jets.

no mention at all about Josh and MVP in a sentence. We are basically good. That’s it.

I love this. Can’t wait.

- Josh is healthy. That elbow was more problematic.
    - James Cook will get the nod but as of now the RB room is much more talented than start of last year.
    - Sherrod , Harty, Rookie Shorter along with Shakir Davis and Diggs is a better WR group
    - Kincaid is a weapon and hopefully an opposing teams problem
    - the inside of the OLine got upgraded. The Irishman was a steal in The 2nd.

- DLine has serious competition. Prove it play from a few should be fun
    - full strength Hyde Poyer Tre. Elam came in second half
    - look for rotational LB play. Howard from the Rams is terrific in coverage.
    - love the LB draft pick… Williams. One word “Instincts”.
    - Dorsey is now less green
    - I like McD calling the D

sure no massive FA signings but the ones made seem like smart moves.

oh Von is coming back. Some here think old… dude had 8.5 sacks . Who else had that many in a shortened season?
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: Bills no pressure like last year.

download-1.jpg

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Chet
      Allenhu Joshbar
      • Feb 2017

When I read the thread title I was thinking pressure on the other team’s QB. Doesn’t look like we’ll have that either

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Chet View Post
        When I read the thread title I was thinking pressure on the other team’s QB. Doesn’t look like we’ll have that either

We'll have to wait and see what McD runs.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• sukie
          Seriously?
          • Sep 2012

A second off season of NFL conditioning on Rousseau has to be a good thing. Getting Von back in Oct should be huge.

Comment

• Goobylal
            • Jan 2004

They're 3rd in Vegas Odds to win the SB though.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
              Peterman Sucks!
              • Mar 2006

The reason for this in pundits eyes is we basically stayed the same while other teams in the AFC got better.

You could argue, if you think Edmunds was some stud, that we actually got worse especially on the defensive side of the ball.

We're obviously a playoff team but last year was where everything fell the way it should have...until Hamlin...and the team derailed from there.

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                The reason for this in pundits eyes is we basically stayed the same while other teams in the AFC got better.

You could argue, if you think Edmunds was some stud, that we actually got worse especially on the defensive side of the ball.

We're obviously a playoff team but last year was where everything fell the way it should have...until Hamlin...and the team derailed from there.
                Until Von.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                  Until Von.
                  We were still putting up points in bunches, yes that can catch up with you when you allow the opposition to do it too, see KC a couple years ago...but we completely just fell apart in that Miami game and then the Cincy game.

Without the tragic injury to Hamlin, I think we end up with home field advantage and are playing in the AFC Championship game at home.

And yes, we could have certainly lost another 41-38 type of barnburner to Mahomes again in that scenario.

Comment

• sukie
                    Seriously?
                    • Sep 2012

AFC championship would have been Atlanta.

I think they will find a better LB than Edmunds. Perhaps by committee. The secondary is maybe better than the one that teed off on the Rams last year.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

I don’t think this is how you intended it but this reads like we’re just accepting that the window is either closing or has closed.

We probably have another year or two left of the window. If we can’t handle the pressure than that’s a bad sign.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• sukie
                        Seriously?
                        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
                        I don’t think this is how you intended it but this reads like we’re just accepting that the window is either closing or has closed.

We probably have another year or two left of the window. If we can’t handle the pressure than that’s a bad sign.
                        I think many a prognosticator has already written the Bills off. Vegas? Not yet but Buffalo isn’t a story. I kinda like it. Under the radar baby!

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

Never understood why Vegas established the Bills as the favorites in the first place. Was it the Von Miller signing ?

It's to draw $$, I get that. But the lemming media just piled on. KC should have been the favorites from the beginning with Cinci 2nd, based on the rosters and post season success the previous 2 years.

Now the Jets hype is way over the top. We'll see how they respond 9/11. Ignore Allen at your own peril.
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• sukie
                            Seriously?
                            • Sep 2012

A healthy Allen

Comment

• Mace
                              Haha...yeah you think so ?
                              • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post

They started derailing after the bye imo...every game after became progressively more painstaking....

Comment

Working...
                              X