• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

AFC East news depository

One stop for all the third string cuts, 7th round draft pick signings and practice squad moves…

Backup long snapper got an infected cuticle? Post it here.

UFDA WR falls to eight on depth chart? Here’s the place.

Tyreek Hill blows an ankle? THREAD THAT BABY!
    Last edited by sukie; 05-25-2023, 05:34 PM.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: AFC East news depository

I noticed the old QB in Jersey had a calf issue in initial workouts. Then OTA's opened the next week and he's still out with a calf issue for days. It's probably nothing. He's only turning 40. Yet our window is closing, now that our QB turned 27.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

The "winning a Super Bowl with a QB on a cheap rookie contract" window is closed. And the organization failed to deliver. The "winning a Super Bowl with a QB on a salary cap-eating extension" is now open. We'll have to see if the organization can do better.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

In the spirit of the thread, the NJ Jets have signed OT Yodny Cajuste to compete for the last-biscuit-snatcher position in the morning breakfast line.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• sukie
          Seriously?
          • Sep 2012

Rumor Mill.

Look out if Miami goes after James Cook’s older brother. The have the cap space (for now).

The team in NJ with the aging signal caller is not interested in D Hop. Coach Saleh said “We like our group of guys. Old QB did not comment.

In Patriots news… CELTICS LOST!!!! Hahahaha. Bruins crapped themselves…. Heeeheeeheee.

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by sukie View Post

In Patriots news… CELTICS LOST!!!! Hahahaha. Bruins crapped themselves…. Heeeheeeheee.
            and how about them Red Sox's

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• notacon
              • Aug 2012

In AFCE city Boston news.....

I’m tickled pink that the Bruins ate **** in the NHL playoffs getting bounced in the first round in seven games after putting up the NHL regular season record 135 points....literally the greatest regular season in NHL history.

To add insult to injury, at home for game seven the Bruins were ONE MINUTE away from victory when defenseman Brandon Montour scored the tying goal at the 19:00 min. mark.

Eight minutes into OT the Panthers score and the Bruins lose!!!!

ANY TIME any Boston team loses I’m extremely happy.

I spent a lot of time in Boston for work, from 2004 to 2020, and their arrogance and rudeness was too much to bear.

F*** Boston, F*** the Pats, F*** Belichick, F*** Tom Brady and F*** every sports team that calls that city home.

Now the same Panthers are coming the Vegas for game one of the Stanley Cup finals.

Cheering on the home time to bring home a Stanley Cup. Something the sad sack Buffalo Sabres seems like they are destined to never do.

Comment

• sukie
                Seriously?
                • Sep 2012

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                In AFCE city Boston news.....

I’m tickled pink that the Bruins ate **** in the NHL playoffs getting bounced in the first round in seven games after putting up the NHL regular season record 135 points....literally the greatest regular season in NHL history.

To add insult to injury, at home for game seven the Bruins were ONE MINUTE away from victory when defenseman Brandon Montour scored the tying goal at the 19:00 min. mark.

Eight minutes into OT the Panthers score and the Bruins lose!!!!

ANY TIME any Boston team loses I’m extremely happy.

I spent a lot of time in Boston for work, from 2004 to 2020, and their arrogance and rudeness was too much to bear.

F*** Boston, F*** the Pats, F*** Belichick, F*** Tom Brady and F*** every sports team that calls that city home.

Now the same Panthers are coming the Vegas for game one of the Stanley Cup finals.

Cheering on the home time to bring home a Stanley Cup. Something the sad sack Buffalo Sabres seems like they are destined to never do.
                Heat up 3-0 and the Celtic fans packed it in. They win 2 then a buzzer beating crusher against the Heat game Six in Miami… Game Seven in Boston… (wet fart noise).

it is so awesome. They gave up, we’re given hope… then anticipation… then thud.

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Speaking of the Pats, I see Mac Jones had a QBR that ranked 28th last season. Is this his last shot to start in the NFL ?
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• notacon
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                    Heat up 3-0 and the Celtic fans packed it in. They win 2 then a buzzer beating crusher against the Heat game Six in Miami… Game Seven in Boston… (wet fart noise).

it is so awesome. They gave up, we’re given hope… then anticipation… then thud.
                    I forgot about the Celtics....actually, I forgot about the NBA decades ago.

NBA is now officially the most boring major team sport in the US (soccer gets that “honor" worldwide). It surpassed MLB when baseball smartly changed some rules especially adding a pitch clock.

Reduced average game times by a whopping THIRTY minutes. Almost all of that preventing us from seeing a batter scratching his balls and a pitcher looking like he has ants crawling inside his uniform.

I still avoid watching any MLB until the Wold Series...and even then, very little.

But, the big news here is that the Oakland A’s are moving to Vegas. They already bought the land where the Tropicana sits on one of the busiest intersections on the Strip, and are going to tear down that dinosaur of a hotel from the 50’s and build a beautiful 30,000 stadium with retractable roof....

With 81 homes games, the ticket prices are extremely reasonable, with the cheapest seats averaging only $11 across the whole league.

Going to a NFL game in Veags is the other end of the spectrum where for the third year in a row, the average secondary market for tickets (the only way to buy them....or in package from one of the hotels) has Vegas the most expensive average ticket price in the NFL of $1,035. OUCH!!!

Golden Knights Stanley Cup playoff tickets start at $175 for standing room. No, thanks you!! Upper deck around $400 and the best middle ice tickets around $1,500.

Anyway....the first (and so far, only) time the Bills played in Vegas was 2020. I was planning on hosting some family members to go to that game, but, Covid came and scuttled that.

Next time the Bills will play in Vegas (excluding playoffs) is 2026. I will probably go to that game and start saving up for that now.

I am looking forward go to some MLB games. Cheap tickets for a relaxing game. I’ve only been to one MLB game in my life and am looking forward to many more.

Comment

• notacon
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
                      Speaking of the Pats, I see Mac Jones had a QBR that ranked 28th last season. Is this his last shot to start in the NFL ?
                      Yeah. Mac Jones does not inspire much confidence. No one would be surprised if Bailey Zappe (gotta love that name) take the starting job sometime during the season. It could be reactively early if they start 0-4 with Philly, Miami, @Jets and @Dallas to start the season.

Josh Allen was #2. Reflecting his struggles during the playoffs, he was #12 of 14 for 2022. Quite the regression from #1 in 2021 playoffs.

Interesting that Aaron Rodgers was a dismal #26. After being #1 in 2021 & 2020.

Will Rodgers show some signs of revival?? Probably. But not as much as the hype. Tua is the one to keep an eye on. He was right up there with QB QBR last year at #3. Just ahead of Hurts.

I suspect that he does not stay on the field enough, and when he does, defenses have caught up with what he’s good at.

Josh Allen is probably going to show why he is in a class of his own in the AFCE at QB.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Jets cancel next week's mandatory minicamp - ProFootballTalk

The Jets will wrap up their offseason program earlier than scheduled.

Jets head coach Robert Saleh told reporters on Tuesday that the team has called off next week’s mandatory minicamp, so their program will come to an end after this week’s OTAs. Saleh said that the Jets being scheduled to open the preseason against the Browns in the Hall of Fame Game on August 3 factored into the decision.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• swiper
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                          Jets cancel next week's mandatory minicamp - ProFootballTalk

The Jets will wrap up their offseason program earlier than scheduled.

Jets head coach Robert Saleh told reporters on Tuesday that the team has called off next week’s mandatory minicamp, so their program will come to an end after this week’s OTAs. Saleh said that the Jets being scheduled to open the preseason against the Browns in the Hall of Fame Game on August 3 factored into the decision.
                          Beat me to it. This is interesting. Sounds like there is more behind it than just the Hall of Fame game.

Comment

• sukie
                            Seriously?
                            • Sep 2012

Just before it becomes a thing… the last 2 seasons Dalvin Cook has seen his output plummeting. Si if Miami wants to ruin their cap… by all means.

Comment

• Woodman
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Apr 2014

Rhamondre Stevenson trying to step up as "the guy" in Patriots backfield - ProFootballTalk

Rhamondre Stevenson led the Patriots in rushing yards during the 2022 season and it looks like the plan in New England is for the same thing to happen again this season.
                              Damien Harris left the team as a free agent this offseason and the Patriots haven’t made any major moves to replace him in their backfield over the last few months. Stevenson said on Tuesday that he feels “I’m kind of the guy” to lead the team’s rushing attack during the 2023 season and that he’s working to fully step into that role ahead of the regular season.

Comment

Working...
                              X