• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Araiza signed

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
    They will probably lose Chris Jones and Lajarius Sneed in FA, and those will be major losses. Araiza won't overcome them.

Not saying he will. Mahomes will though. It doesn't seem to matter who you take away from him.

Comment

• Woodman
      Legendary Zoner
      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
      But they could take the heat with Von?
      Too much committed ..... bet they actually hoped he be dragged away.

Then the cap gets immediate relief JMO.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Not saying he will. Mahomes will though. It doesn't seem to matter who you take away from him.
        They lost 6 games so it did have some effect ..... just not enough quite yet.

Winning the division will be a real test this coming season IMO.

Harbaugh will make a huge difference in L.A.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

But they could take the heat with Von?
          Von wasn't accused of raping a child and then having a gang bang with her and his teammates.

Doubtful. Especially if Burrow is healthy.

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

It was more timing in this that even gave the Bills the chance to walk away. At the time I couldn't much fault them for just removing the distraction from everything.

However, I wish they were able to handle it differently and protect their asset and investment. Example: sit tight and don't say anything for a little bit and maybe the NFL does something which would be taking a big hot potato out of your court and protecting your asset because a reprimand and suspension still leaves the asset in your possession potentially. It seemed like they could have let that angle play out a little bit they just couldn't believe it didn't want it and reacted.

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
              It was more timing in this that even gave the Bills the chance to walk away. At the time I couldn't much fault them for just removing the distraction from everything.

However, I wish they were able to handle it differently and protect their asset and investment. Example: sit tight and don't say anything for a little bit and maybe the NFL does something which would be taking a big hot potato out of your court and protecting your asset because a reprimand and suspension still leaves the asset in your possession potentially. It seemed like they could have let that angle play out a little bit they just couldn't believe it didn't want it and reacted.
              The NFL couldn't do anything because the incident happened before he entered the NFL. The only thing I believe the Bills could have done is put him on the suspended list, but they would have had to face bad press and protestors the entire season (SDPD announced charges wouldn't be filed against him in mid-December) and would have had to pay him his $1M salary and pay another punter on top of it. It wasn't worth it for a punter who hadn't even played in a real game.

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

The NFL couldn't do anything because the incident happened before he entered the NFL.
                Why is that?

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

Guess I base my opinion on everything these guys do on if someone called the league and had the discussion with them about the crock of **** that got dropped on top of them and the league made it clear they "DO NOT" have the Bills back.

It's a very sticky situation and possible the Bills reacted poorly we will never know until the book comes out -- "IF" there is a book. They had put up with a lot of bull**** already and no doubt were dug in with the league. It was the beginning of a new season. How do the most difficult things get handled?

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

Why is that?
                    It's just the way it is.

Comment

• Typ0
                      honey pie
                      • Jul 2002

It's just the way it is.
                      Oh really. Well I don't think it is true. The NFL is a private organization they can do whatever they want in a lot of circumstances.

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

Oh really. Well I don't think it is true. The NFL is a private organization they can do whatever they want in a lot of circumstances.
                        It is true. It was likely something wanted by the NFLPA.

Comment

• notacon
                          • Aug 2012

The court of public opinion has pretty much been shut up by not only the lack of charges but him even being dropped from the civil suit. What (else) is there to be outraged over (now)?

As for the Bills (making a mistake by) not signing him, as I said earlier that ship probably sailed when they cut him initially. He didn't feel they had his back so he owed them nothing.
                          Are you seriously asking that question???

Uhhhhhhhh.....widespread "outrage" is triggered by much less.

Have you been paying attention to what "outrages" people these days??? A substantial percentage based on OUTRIGHT LIES???? I could list some of them but would have to delve into politics.

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                            Are you seriously asking that question???

Uhhhhhhhh.....widespread "outrage" is triggered by much less.

Have you been paying attention to what "outrages" people these days??? A substantial percentage based on OUTRIGHT LIES???? I could list some of them but would have to delve into politics.
                            Biden's as crooked as the day is long. Don't even start here.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Keep the politics to the Spin Zone.
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X