Shaddap
    You're just a keyboard warrior.

Pity you weren't at the game...

Comment

• sahlensguy
      • Mar 2015

Re: Report: Some frostbitten fans might need amputations

Originally posted by Historian View Post
      "Did you freeze your ass off at the fish playoff? You may be entitled to compensation...."
      If the league was negligent, I'm not sure why anyone would be apposed to this

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
        Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
        • Nov 2012

Aren’t some frozen fingers children?

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
          • Apr 2004

There were warnings posted at all the entrances. There were a dozen or more warming stations set up both outside and inside the stadium.

Is there precedent?

Has there been cases of frostbite at NFL games before this? Was the NFL or a home team successfully sued for negligence?

So "if" is a better place to start.

If you had, say, even 5% of the fans end up with frostbite, or about 3000 people, then you might have a case.

This was 0.0003%
          Of course, these are severe cases that may require amputations (I'm guessing toes and finger tips for the most part...ears are another). How many mild cases were there with some blistering on exposed skin?

As a progressive liberal, "You can't do x because someone might get hurt" is one of my least favorite aspects of liberal ideology.

Comment

• Bill Cody
            • Sep 2004

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
            An act of God revent efers to an unanticipated natural event such as a lightning strike or tornado etc.

these conditions were anticipated for all week. And the NFL decided to play through it.
            Ok but to get frostbite the people have to have worn like moccasins to a game they knew was going to be sub zero. You can't fix stupid.

Comment

• sahlensguy
              • Mar 2015

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
              There were warnings posted at all the entrances. There were a dozen or more warming stations set up both outside and inside the stadium.

Is there precedent?

Has there been cases of frostbite at NFL games before this? Was the NFL or a home team successfully sued for negligence?

So "if" is a better place to start.

If you had, say, even 5% of the fans end up with frostbite, or about 3000 people, then you might have a case.

This was 0.0003%
              Of course, these are severe cases that may require amputations (I'm guessing toes and finger tips for the most part...ears are another). How many mild cases were there with some blistering on exposed skin?

As a progressive liberal, "You can't do x because someone might get hurt" is one of my least favorite aspects of liberal ideology.
              Warning signs don't make it warmer.

Players were provided heated benches. Patrons were not.

Did the warming station locations provide adequate views of the game?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
              Ok but to get frostbite the people have to have worn like moccasins to a game they knew was going to be sub zero. You can't fix stupid.
              And if the victims weren't in flip flops, and actually wore socks and boots?

Comment

• sahlensguy
                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                Nobody held a gun to these fans' heads and told them they have to go sit in arctic conditions. If children are involved, those parents should be charged with negligence.

I find it funny that not a single player or coach got frostbite, and they were out there in the same conditions, for the same amount of time, wearing far less clothing.
                The teams were provided heated benches, the patrons were not, but you're so smart. Plus they are in a heated locker room for the maximum amount of time.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                  • Sep 2004

And if the victims weren't in flip flops, and actually wore socks and boots?
                  Maybe you have a beef then but we both know that likely isn't what happened here. This smells very strongly as dumbass.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Russia Go BOOM! View Post
                    Aren’t some frozen fingers children?
                    At least one

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                      • Jul 2005

Victim blaiming, idk?

The n f l sold fans tickets. what were the fans supposed to do, stay at home?
                      Ummm, yeah. Or resell them. Or dress for it. I spent like $150 on new gear for the Wild Card game against the Steelers. Knew it was gonna be cold, and prepared accordingly.

Everyone went into that stadium knowing it was on them to stay warm. They signed up to stand in -20.
                      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

I can't believe this is an argument, lol.

What kind of a-hole blames anyone but themselves for getting frostbite?

Comment

• sahlensguy
                          • Mar 2015

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim View Post
                          Ummm, yeah. Or resell them. Or dress for it. I spent like $150 on new gear for the Wild Card game against the Steelers. Knew it was gonna be cold, and prepared accordingly.

Everyone went into that stadium knowing it was on them to stay warm. They signed up to stand in -20.
                          Not everyone grows up in the cold, so they don't all know what it takes to stay safe in it. It's not reasonable to expect everyone to go to a game believing that amputations are possible if they don't dress for what are to some, unimaginable conditions.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                          I can't believe this is an argument, lol.

What kind of a-hole blames anyone but themselves for getting frostbite?
                          Oh, now they're a-holes. Lol

Comment

• sahlensguy
                            • Mar 2015

Maybe you have a beef then but we both know that likely isn't what happened here. This smells very strongly as dumbass.
                            How about just ignorance?

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

How about just ignorance?
                              ignorance of what? I wasn't going to the game and I live 1000 miles from KC but I knew the forecast was historic cold. It was on national news for a full week. Your mother taught you when you were 5 to bundle up and wear layers in the cold, no? These are the same folks that need a $1m search party on a mountainside because they didn't bring a phone or a compass on a camping trip. I'm sorry they got frostbite. But it was pretty easily avoidable.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                                • Mar 2015

ignorance of what? I wasn't going to the game and I live 1000 miles from KC but I knew the forecast was historic cold. It was on national news for a full week. Your mother taught you when you were 5 to bundle up and wear layers in the cold, no? These are the same folks that need a $1m search party on a mountainside because they didn't bring a phone or a compass on a camping trip. I'm sorry they got frostbite. But it was pretty easily avoidable.
                                Not everybody knows cold like you do.

"We're the NFL, where attending our games could lead to your amputation. That will be $2,000. Thank you very much"

Comment

Working...
                                X