• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: PSLs… Who is buying?

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Problem is… who is gonna come in and buy up the seats for the people who get priced out? The “unfortunate reality” doesn’t make it sustainable for WNY.
    Well they are saying they trust their ability to sell single seats and not have everyone be a season ticket holder....

What I am saying is they have done some mixture analysis here and have a pretty decent vision of things that could happen with these numbers.

Comment

• Turf
      • Jul 2002

There will be a lot of single game seats being sold weekly.
      Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
        Well they are saying they trust their ability to sell single seats and not have everyone be a season ticket holder....

What I am saying is they have done some mixture analysis here and have a pretty decent vision of things that could happen with these numbers.
        Originally posted by Turf View Post
        There will be a lot of single game seats being sold weekly.
        Single game tickets will sell… when we’re winning. The NFL is cyclical and there’s always a down cycle. Maybe it’s this year, maybe it’s 5 years from now, maybe Josh plays well until he’s 40 and the down cycle doesn’t start til then. But it will come.

There will come a time when it’s Christmas weekend and we’re 3-10 and it’s 25 degrees and snowing. Who’s gonna buy a single game ticket then?
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
          Problem is… who is gonna come in and buy up the seats for the people who get priced out? The “unfortunate reality” doesn’t make it sustainable for WNY.
          That’s not really a problem because the seats will still sell. It just may not be the same fans as always. Plus I’m sure they’re hoping a new stadium will attract more upper income individuals from around the area. People looking for the experience and social media post of being at a game more so than being an actual fan of any one team. Their money often spends easier anyways.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
            That’s not really a problem because the seats will still sell. It just may not be the same fans as always. Plus I’m sure they’re hoping a new stadium will attract more upper income individuals from around the area. People looking for the experience and social media post of being at a game more so than being an actual fan of any one team. Their money often spends easier anyways.
            Yes. They are using this to change the complexion of the crowd and skim the top to get people with the lowest price sensitivity to pay higher prices for the product.

It might feel like being priced out but this might actually make more games available to common fans because the stadium will be less full of season ticket holders.

It requires them to field a competitive team. The stadium is being built for Josh Allen not Trend Edwards.

Comment

• notacon
              • Aug 2012

Just like my spot on observation of greedy owners being the main impediment to doing the right thing and requiring every NFL game be played on grass, this shows more greediness from another NFL owner.

Terry Pegula bought the team in 2014 for $1.4B

Today, it's estimated value is $3.7B...and increase of $2.3B or 164%

Pegula's net worth is estimated at $6.8B.

The TEAM (not Pegula personally) is on the hook for paying the difference between the final cost of the stadium over the very generous $850M the public as already pitching in. So, yeah, the expected $200M from PSL's helps pay for the Bills playground.

BUT, why does Pegula NOT give the area a GIFT by taking that $200M OUT OF HIS OWN POCKET????

The Buffalo Bills, like every NFL team is WILDLY PROFITABLE!!!

Forbes says the Bills had a PROFIT of $119M on "sales" of $502M. That's a WHOPPING 23.66% profit margin. A margin that almost all other industries would SALIVATE over (in addition to the non-ending cash cow of guaranteed TV revenues and a labor contract that is TIED to a percentage of the SALES...in other words, labor costs are GUARANTEED to not go up (as % of sales the only accurate metric of labor cost) over the life of each CBA).

Simply put, a NFL team is a CASH PRINTING MACHINE!!!!! Of ever increasing value.

Here is a comparison to what percentage of Pegula's net worth it would take to cover that $200M (2.94%) and the median American household by age group (median is 50% have higher and 50% lower)...

Age of family head (or reference person) Median net worth Amount equal to Pegula's $200M
              Less than 35 $39,000 $1,147
              35-44 $135,600 $3,988
              45-54 $247,200 $7,271
              55-64 $364,500 $10,721
              65-74 $409,000 $12,029
              75+ $335,600 $9,871

Now, this is a rhetorical exercise. We all KNOW why these filthy rich owners will wring every last dime out of their customers.....BECAUSE THEY CAN!!!!

Comment

• sukie
                Seriously?
                • Sep 2012

Pegula should pay 200 million for a stadium owned by New York State?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
                  Yes. They are using this to change the complexion of the crowd and skim the top to get people with the lowest price sensitivity to pay higher prices for the product.

It might feel like being priced out but this might actually make more games available to common fans because the stadium will be less full of season ticket holders.

It requires them to field a competitive team. The stadium is being built for Josh Allen not Trend Edwards.
                  Yea I don’t think that will either happen or is even in the thought process.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• TheConsigliere
                    • Aug 2022

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                    That’s nothing. The smell of those very Port-o-Lets was significantly worse exponentially AFTER you exited them left the area in your wake… those poor people.
                    Basking in the ambience.

Basking in the ambience.

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

These prices are absurd....and lo and behold, M & T Bank is willing to finance the PSL for you!

How nice.

Comment

• Historian
                        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                        • Dec 2002

Comment

• notacon
                          • Aug 2012

Pegula should pay 200 million for a stadium owned by New York State?

Yep. Consider it a gift to the loyal fans.

It would be like most of us giving a gift, before we leave this Earth, of about (I'll be generous) of $15,000. Relative pocket change.

Pegula has ALREADY made a $2.3 BILLION profit on the value of the team with billions of dollars in future profits (more than $100 PER YEAR) GUARANTEED.

Comment

• sukie
                            Seriously?
                            • Sep 2012

How much tax does one pay on profits of a value?… just asking for a friend.

Comment

• Mace
                              Haha...yeah you think so ?
                              • Mar 2013

Now the 50k per seat gives you rights to those seats when they turn the stadium into a “Giant Mud Pit” for the Monster Truck Jam.
                              Oooh....link ?

Comment

• Ingtar33
                                Dances With Buffaloes
                                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                                People are going to need to take 2nd mortgages to pay a PSL. More pushing the average guy out of everything. It's bull ****.
                                I'd consider myself comfortably upper class. I gotta say 200k for 4 psl at the club level is a bit steep... even for me. I want to do it, because i don't want my father sitting in the weather anymore, he's 83 now... and he uses my season tickets more then i do (much more), i was thinking about getting 4 club seats cause I'm not coaching anymore, so i figured me and my family could come to buffalo a few weekends a year to see some bills games and let the kids visit their grandfather. But 200k... I'm gonna have to talk that type of investment over with my wife.
                                My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X