Yeah, way, way up

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Re: Bills trading Diggs to texans

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
      Ditto.

I learned my lesson with Flutie and then Bledsoe, which my now wife got me for Christmas one year and it's an authentic one. Super $$$$
      Small potatoes. I got a Bruce jersey cheap in ‘92 when I was in 8th grade. Rolled with that for a long time. Then, it was Bledsoe, Losman for my wife, Spikes 2x cuz I got one signed, and Evans. Gave up on current players after that. I have a cheap Kelly replica and a nice Bruce authentic that my wife gave me. Those are the only ones I’ll wear.

Side note: I randomly found a T shirt with the Bills logo on the front and “Allen 17” on the back on clearance in Baltimore about a month ago. I bought it. I have the curse so he’s probably ****ed.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by JoeMama View Post
        True, but I don't like looking ahead to 2025 when 2024 hasn't even kicked off.

This really puts us in a bind at WR this season.

We don't have a true #1. Shakir looked great in the slot late last year, but I'm assuming he'll be split wide in a new role and Samuel will take over the slot this year. I imagine our other starting WR will be rookie.

My guess is Kincaid's stock is about to shoot way, way up. Kind of like Kelce after Hill left KC.
        If Kincaid can be half of what Kielce is, we will survive this. But that’s a huge “if.”

In hindsight, the Allen pick was brilliant. The rest of the 1st round QB’s from that draft were.busts. But he can’t do it without other weapons on O.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Turf
          • Jul 2002

Wow I just heard about this. I find it a shockingly stupid move. Diggs was already signed, he's still our #1, or was smh, and there was little to gain in this move unless I am missing something. There must be more personal wise matters they'll never talk about.
          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            If Kincaid can be half of what Kielce is, we will survive this. But that’s a huge “if.”

In hindsight, the Allen pick was brilliant. The rest of the 1st round QB’s from that draft were.busts. But he can’t do it without other weapons on O.
            Lamar Jackson disagrees with that statement
            I came.
            I saw.
            I conquered.

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Turf View Post
              Wow I just heard about this. I find it a shockingly stupid move. Diggs was already signed, he's still our #1, or was smh, and there was little to gain in this move unless I am missing something. There must be more personal wise matters they'll never talk about.
              Diggs wants to win. This is because he isn't a yes man. Only people who say "yes Mr. Allen, Yes Sir" are allowed on the team.

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

The problem the Bills had for the last two seasons on the field was they tolerated Diggs as opposed to listened to him. Now, they are on to bigger and better things.

Comment

• Mad Max
                  Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
                  Allen is here for two more years, tops.

Mark my words.
                  If I was a jackass who saved posts I would lol. This one won’t age well.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                    • Aug 2004

The Chiefs post Hill era, winning back to back superbowls with younger players with less distractions, must have played a role. You have Allen, and llike Mahomes, any WR comes into Buffalo and winds up having the best version of himelf. Samething with Brady in those years in NE. So maybe that's the model they are going after.

Also Diggs is going to be 31 in Nov. You trade a player a year earlier than a year later. That's the Belichick way.

It does not make the Bills a better team right now at this moment. So was the Chiefs 2 years gao when they traded away Hill.

I also believe Beane secretly wished that he drafted Jefferson instead of trading for Diggs years ago. I agree with someone here said that signing Diggs to the extension is a stupid move --- though it may be forced at the time.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                      • Sep 2004

Really disappointing that the trade won't yield cap savings this year.

My expectation was that if we were going to trade Diggs for relatively modest draft capital, you'd expect the Texans to eat his contract too.

The Bills clearly wanted him gone if they'll take only a 2nd and still eat 31mil in dead cap space. I'm curious what was happening behind the scenes.
                      The Texans do assume his contract with the exception of bonuses which we already paid. The bonuses are what causes all the dead cap. It's a lot of money.

Comment

• DetoxTent
                        • Sep 2023

Hot diggity-dog the ***** is gone. Willing to wait for vast benefits ($$$ savings and pick) until 2025.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                          • Jul 2005

From a compensation perspective, the Chargers got only a 4th rounder for Keenan Allen. One year older, similar production to Diggs.

Shocked...but stepping back and in full view of the other moves we've made this offseason, clearly 2024 is a reset. We didn't win it all with the roster we had. Time to reboot.

I do think that the WR story is not over for this offseason. Zero chance that we go into the season without an addition to the WR room. A high draft pick for sure, but I'd honestly be a little surprised if it's just a draft pick--it would be unlike the Bills to rely on a rookie at a position like #1 WR. Highly doubt that they're satisfied starting the season with Samuel/Hollins/Shakir while a rookie gets going. I'm sure there's a plan in place before making a move like this.
                          Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                            Kelce 93 REC - 984 YDS 5 TDS
                            Kincaid 73 REC 673 YDS 2 TDs

Kincaid in his rookie year is already half of Kelce -- CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mad Max
                              Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                              • Mar 2003

True, but I don't like looking ahead to 2025 when 2024 hasn't even kicked off.

This really puts us in a bind at WR this season.

We don't have a true #1. Shakir looked great in the slot late last year, but I'm assuming he'll be split wide in a new role and Samuel will take over the slot this year. I imagine our other starting WR will be rookie.

My guess is Kincaid's stock is about to shoot way, way up. Kind of like Kelce after Hill left KC.
                              Any remaining doubts about drafting a WR just evaporated. The only question that remains now is if (when) Beane trades up how high will he go, what will he give up and who is he targeting?

My guess would be Odunze with a trade up.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                                • Jul 2002

If this is true, I'm glad we traded him away!

Houston Texans RB claims Stefon Diggs ‘asked’ for trade from Buffalo Bills

⚡️Primetime!!!⚡️
                                @Joe_MainMixon
                                @stefondiggs
                                just a few weeks ago you asked and We delivered�� Now let’s go get these ��’s��

sacrifice1
                                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                                X