X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheConsigliere
    • Aug 2022

Re: PSLs… Who is buying?

Can we just all pucker up and kiss both of Terry's ass cheeks for keeping Major League professional sports like hockey and football in Minor League Buffalo?

Be grateful

Comment

• notacon
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Historian View Post
      I belong to the FB group.

Believe me, there are a lot of 40, 50, and 60 year season ticket holders that simply cannot afford to renew.

They worked their way into the best seats in the house, by upgrading every few years, until they were in the lower bowl, in between the 35's.

Now a good portion of those seats are designated as "Club", despite the fact that they are outside in the elements.

Add on a 20K PSL (per seat) and they are now unaffordable.

I think the actual tickets are 4300 per seat, but don't quote me on that.

And if one plans to downgrade to the upper deck, where it may be more affordable, they have to wait for another shot at tickets, until after the upper deck people have been given their options.

So yea, long time fans are really getting screwed.
      Gee....rich as **** billionaire not giving one **** about average folks, and purposely crapping all over them so they can add a relative few dollars to their vast wealth.

What else is new?!?!?

It's as predicable a a bear ****ting in the woods.

Comment

• notacon
        • Aug 2012

Originally posted by gr8slayer View Post
        The (unfortunate) alternative is that the area doesn't cave and they move the team to a city like San Antonio that will (willingly) pony up the money.

I don't like this new business model, but it's just a reality. They have truly priced out the "normal" people.

Oh please. For $200M (the equivalent of about $10K to average folks)?!?!?!

It's not about "priced out the "normal" people" it's about pure, unadulterated, shameless GREED.

Comment

• notacon
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by TheConsigliere View Post
          Can we just all pucker up and kiss both of Terry's ass cheeks for keeping Major League professional sports like hockey and football in Minor League Buffalo?

Be grateful
          Well...to be fair, the Sabres ARE like a minor league team.

Comment

• HAMMER
            I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
            • Jul 2003

It's going to be interesting to see where this goes. Sad that so many loyal fans will be priced out. I know I would never dish out 15-50k just for the right to sit in the same seat every week. Will supply and demand cause a reduction in PSL pricing when they see how many people opt out? I'm guessing there will be a large increase in available seats.

Comment

• TheConsigliere
              • Aug 2022

Originally posted by notacon View Post
              Well...to be fair, the Sabres ARE like a minor league team.
              AND the Bills are currently competitive however it is run like a minor league team.

Who puts their inexperienced wife in the position of President of both a NHL and NFL team?

The ticket prices for the Bills was one of the least expensive in the league but now because the Owner is funding his 25% contribution (minimum amount per NFL rules) through PSLs, more Club Seats and Suites which are all revenues NOT shared with the other NFL owners, is going to go to above average NFL prices in a geographic area that simple can NOT afford that high pricing.

Frack You Terry!!!

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Oh please. For $200M (the equivalent of about $10K to average folks)?!?!?!

It's not about "priced out the "normal" people" it's about pure, unadulterated, shameless GREED.
                Your perception of greed isn't something new, it's every part of society right now... Why would it be any different in Buffalo or for sports in general?

Comment

• notacon
                  • Aug 2012

AND the Bills are currently competitive however it is run like a minor league team.

Who puts their inexperienced wife in the position of President of both a NHL and NFL team?

The ticket prices for the Bills was one of the least expensive in the league but now because the Owner is funding his 25% contribution (minimum amount per NFL rules) through PSLs, more Club Seats and Suites which are all revenues NOT shared with the other NFL owners, is going to go to above average NFL prices in a geographic area that simple can NOT afford that high pricing.

Frack You Terry!!!
                  That is a such a specious observation that I do not buy for a second.

NO NFL team owner is "experienced" in having pretty much anything to do with a professional sports team before they buy it.

****, almost all the owners STILL don't have the first clue how to run a NFL team (the football part) even after owning one for decades.

Ralph Wilson is evidence of that.

From all media reports I have read. Kim Pegula did an outstanding job of president of the Bills and her health issues keeping her away from the team was felt in a negative way.

The Sabres, I could not care less. .

Comment

• TheConsigliere
                    • Aug 2022

That is a such a specious observation that I do not buy for a second.

NO NFL team owner is "experienced" in having pretty much anything to do with a professional sports team before they buy it.

****, almost all the owners STILL don't have the first clue how to run a NFL team (the football part) even after owning one for decades.

Ralph Wilson is evidence of that.

From all media reports I have read. Kim Pegula did an outstanding job of president of the Bills and her health issues keeping her away from the team was felt in a negative way.

The Sabres, I could not care less. .
                    Go do your own research on Kim’s education and business experience.

Then get back to me.

Comment

• notacon
                      • Aug 2012

Go do your own research on Kim’s education and business experience.

Then get back to me.
                      Irrelevant.

Comment

• jamze132
                        • Jun 2003

Irrelevant.
                        How is business education and experience irrelevant to running a multi-billion dollar sports franchise?

Comment

• TheConsigliere
                          • Aug 2022

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                          How is business education and experience irrelevant to running a multi-billion dollar sports franchise?
                          I love me some Notty but a bigger HOMER you will not find.

Every time I point out that Kim may have graduated with a Communications degree from Christian college Houghton College and that when she first met Terry at that bar she was not working there but applying to work there, I am criticized as being sexist.

I could not give a crap if Kim was a man or a woman,

She was NEVER qualified to be the President of both the Bills and Sabres.

It was NOT irrelevant since her role in those positions was NOT to simply smile.

Kim would have been part of a decision making group with Terry that hired Sabre and Bills GMs and in fact the hiring of Sean McD.

How is that irrelevant?

The record of the Sabres GMs that were hired is pathetic.

It was Kim that delivered that fateful slide presentation when the Sabres organization was gutted with cutbacks that said the #1 goal was in essence was Preserve Ownership Wealth.

I wrote about it extensively back then and would rather not relive it again.

If this era of the Bills goes sideways and the enormous talent of Josh Allen comes and goes without a Super Bowl Championship, the legacy of Pegula Ownership will not be looked at with fond memories except by HOMERS who are merely content that the Pegulas kept major league professional sports in their minor league city of Buffalo.

I am not from Buffalo.

I want to win Championships.

Comment

• kgun12
                            • Jul 2002

****, almost all the owners STILL don't have the first clue how to run a NFL team.
                            No but the most successful team, the clueless owner hires sport specific knowledge people and gets out of the way.
                            Retired Air Traffic Controller
                            USAF VETERAN
                            DAV

Comment

• sahlensguy
                              • Mar 2015

Kansas City taxpayers voted down grifting owners' wishes for a new stadium.

Comment

• notacon
                                • Aug 2012

I love me some Notty but a bigger HOMER you will not find.

Every time I point out that Kim may have graduated with a Communications degree from Christian college Houghton College and that when she first met Terry at that bar she was not working there but applying to work there, I am criticized as being sexist.

I could not give a crap if Kim was a man or a woman,

She was NEVER qualified to be the President of both the Bills and Sabres.

It was NOT irrelevant since her role in those positions was NOT to simply smile.

Kim would have been part of a decision making group with Terry that hired Sabre and Bills GMs and in fact the hiring of Sean McD.

How is that irrelevant?

The record of the Sabres GMs that were hired is pathetic.

It was Kim that delivered that fateful slide presentation when the Sabres organization was gutted with cutbacks that said the #1 goal was in essence was Preserve Ownership Wealth.

I wrote about it extensively back then and would rather not relive it again.

If this era of the Bills goes sideways and the enormous talent of Josh Allen comes and goes without a Super Bowl Championship, the legacy of Pegula Ownership will not be looked at with fond memories except by HOMERS who are merely content that the Pegulas kept major league professional sports in their minor league city of Buffalo.

I am not from Buffalo.

I want to win Championships.

You too have no earthy idea what being a "homer" even means. I also strongly suspect you have no earthly idea what an owner and/or president of a NFL team is responsible for.

Kim Pegula worked side-by-side with Terry Pegula for years and has been intimately involved, as a partner, with their businesses. She has just as much "experience' as any NFL owner. She absolutely is "qualified" to be the CEO and president of the Buffalo Bills. I don't give a rat's ass about the Sabres.

The decision to hire Sean McDermott and Brandon Beane were and remain to this day as EXCELLENT choices and why the Buffalo Bills were brought from the gutter of crappy NFL franchises into one of the best organizations in the NFL.

You want to smear and denigrate her, that's your business. I'm not paying any attention to your opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X