Can you win a Super Bowl without a great #1 WR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kgun12
    • Jul 2002

Re: Can you win a Super Bowl without a great #1 WR?

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
    $10 million isn’t going to replace Diggs, Davis, Morse, White, Poyer and Hyde. There is simply no way to go into next season with talent that is equal to or better than last season, and we already know last season’s team was behind several others in the AFC in terms of talent.
    Come on man, do you really believe this of are you just playing the angry poster? What you understand, they already replace everyone but Diggs and I’m not sure it’s going to be hard to replace his production from the last half of the season and playoffs. White hasn’t really played the last couple years, Poyer and Hyde slowed down noticeably. We will miss David’s blocking but his receiving number are also easily replaced. They will get a DT, DE, an O-lineman, and a WR in this draft.
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
      Come on man, do you really believe this of are you just playing the angry poster? What you understand, they already replace everyone but Diggs and I’m not sure it’s going to be hard to replace his production from the last half of the season and playoffs. White hasn’t really played the last couple years, Poyer and Hyde slowed down noticeably. We will miss David’s blocking but his receiving number are also easily replaced. They will get a DT, DE, an O-lineman, and a WR in this draft.
      You’re insane if you believe they already replaced everyone but Diggs. And all the teams that are ahead of us in talent get to draft to fill their holes too. I don’t know why everyone refuses to acknowledge that reality.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kgun12
        • Jul 2002

You’re insane if you believe they already replaced everyone but Diggs. And all the teams that are ahead of us in talent get to draft to fill their holes too. I don’t know why everyone refuses to acknowledge that reality.
        Nope, you just live in a dark place. So tell me who isn’t an upgrade to all of the elders the Bills released?

Yes, I fully expect them to draft a S, CB, and both lines, but it was time for the old guys to go.
        Retired Air Traffic Controller
        USAF VETERAN
        DAV

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
          Nope, you just live in a dark place. So tell me who isn’t an upgrade to all of the elders the Bills released?

Yes, I fully expect them to draft a S, CB, and both lines, but it was time for the old guys to go.
          So far, we’ve only replaced them with their backups. If their backups were better, they should have been on the field last year.

And that’s a LOT of holes to fill in one draft.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• sukie
            Seriously?
            • Sep 2012

Hard to play a backup when you have an overpriced veteran starter living off reputation. Happens in nearly all team sports.

Comment

• Chet
              Allenhu Joshbar
              • Feb 2017

Lots of wishful thinking itt.

Remember, these are the Buffalo Bills. One step forward, two steps back

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                Hard to play a backup when you have an overpriced veteran starter living off reputation. Happens in nearly all team sports.
                So the assumption is that we had not one, not two, but SIX backups who were better than the starters, sitting on the bench due to the reputation of the starters? If that's the case, every coach should be fired.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

Yes, you can.

It's been done many times in the last 20 years.

Comment

• sukie
                    Seriously?
                    • Sep 2012

So the assumption is that we had not one, not two, but SIX backups who were better than the starters, sitting on the bench due to the reputation of the starters? If that's the case, every coach should be fired.
                    Tre. No longer a starter. Didn’t play basically 2 seasons
                    Hyde No longer a starter. Couldn’t stay on field
                    Gabe Davis. Starter ? He sucks
                    Morse. His replacement… we shall see. His best years were behind him.

are you weeping for Poyer?

- - - Updated - - -

Ya know how one becomes an all pro starter? One needs to start.

Comment

• kscdogbillsfan1221
                      • Nov 2007

agreed. case in point.

terell bernard behind tremaine edmunds.
                      I came.
                      I saw.
                      I conquered.

Comment

• Mad Max
                        Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post
                        agreed. case in point.

terell bernard behind tremaine edmunds.
                        You’re baits gonna catch a big old guppy

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

Tre. No longer a starter. Didn’t play basically 2 seasons
                          Hyde No longer a starter. Couldn’t stay on field
                          Gabe Davis. Starter ? He sucks
                          Morse. His replacement… we shall see. His best years were behind him.

are you weeping for Poyer?

- - - Updated - - -

Ya know how one becomes an all pro starter? One needs to start.
                          Exactly.

The only position of any concern right now besides WR is Safety. Rapp could easily be the next Poyer or Hyde (He could also suck, but you get the point).

I don't know how anyone who followed the team last year can honestly be upset about any of the players lost this offseason.

If you want to be upset that they didn't wait until after the draft to trade Diggs, I can understand that.

Other than that, like Sukie said, all the guys that left are either on the downslope of their career, or got highly over paid by another team, or both.

Comment

• sukie
                            Seriously?
                            • Sep 2012

For Milanos money… who wants Edmunds back? I kinda like our backup LBs that panned out.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

For Milanos money… who wants Edmunds back? I kinda like our backup LBs that panned out.
                              And you think that's just going to keep panning out with everyone we lost? That every backup we have is better than an all pro starter? Ok...
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                                Acid Douching Asswipe
                                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                                Exactly.

The only position of any concern right now besides WR is Safety. Rapp could easily be the next Poyer or Hyde (He could also suck, but you get the point).

I don't know how anyone who followed the team last year can honestly be upset about any of the players lost this offseason.

If you want to be upset that they didn't wait until after the draft to trade Diggs, I can understand that.

Other than that, like Sukie said, all the guys that left are either on the downslope of their career, or got highly over paid by another team, or both.
                                EVERYONE should be upset, not so much that we lost guys but that we're trying to replace ALL of them with completely unproven backups. But hey, it worked ONCE with Edmunds, so no need to be concerned, right?

It's one thing to get rid of players who are clearly declining, but it's another thing to just expect all their inexperienced backups to come in and play at the same level.
                                MiKiDo Facebook
                                MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                                X