2023-2024 Buffalo Sabres gameday thread !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: 2023-2024 Buffalo Sabres gameday thread !!

Originally posted by DetoxTent View Post
    Nice to see YardRat in this forum over the politic forum that shiva created. LOL.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by sukie View Post
      So?
      So Reinhart always had that potential.
      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

He proved that to be the case ...... it just wasn't gonna happen here.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Novacane
          • Jul 2002

They finished the season with a nice run but they did that last year too. I'm tired of mediocre.

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

2 points Sabres

Comment

• sukie
              Seriously?
              • Sep 2012

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
              So Reinhart always had that potential.
              On a stacked team. I agree.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Good ending to a bad campaign. Please let this drought misery end next year.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                  On a stacked team. I agree.
                  I mean he was doing just fine on a bad sabres team. A bright spot
                  Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                    • Aug 2012

There's a lot to digest. Great to see cozens finish a tough year strong. I think he's going to be just fine.

Really curious to see what the Sabres do here. Wait for the lottery and hope you strike it rich. But otherwise, I'd shop the pick if you can get someone young but established. I'll have to digest the season more in the upcoming days..get info on exit interviews, listen to some podcasts.
                    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• DetoxTent
                      • Sep 2023

On this game? Quinn makes a difference. The assist on the final goal (Benson) was a heads up pass. He needs to stay healthy. Thompson needs to be healthy. What, exactly, was his injury? Benson will continue to be good. Where has this Cozens been all year? I still say it's time for Skinner to go and replace with another 30+ goal veteran winger. They need toughness:

If you want to know what this team needs in the off season all you have to do is go back and look at Emil Lilleberg hit Zach Benson from behind and plastered him face first into the wall. Not one Sabre got anywhere near him. Not then and not at any point during the game after that.
                      This team is still soft. Dating back to when they took a run at Ryan Miller.

They still need better net presence. Benson, Quinn and Cozens will go to the net. Others don't.

The Buffalo Sabres finished their 2023-24 season on Monday with a 4-2 win in Tampa Bay against the Lightning. Once the team was eliminated from playoff contention last Tuesday, they went 2-0-1. Paul Hamilton shares his postgame thoughts:

Don Granato took them from 91 to 84 points. Not good enough to stay.

Comment

• Historian
                        2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                        • Dec 2002

The only bright spot from this season is that they (barely) finished over .500

This team has talent, but no toughness.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                          The only bright spot from this season is that they (barely) finished over .500

This team has talent, but no toughness.
                          I said it before and I'll say it again: This 23-24 team has too much talent and should have made the playoffs.

You're right about the toughness. If they made it, I'm sure they'd get clobbered in the first round by a better team, especially since the intensity ramps up and the refs swallow the whistles once the playoffs start.

But so few guys on the team have even been to the playoffs. It would have been great to get the young guys at least 4 or 5 games of playoff experience.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                            I said it before and I'll say it again: This 23-24 team has too much talent and should have made the playoffs.

You're right about the toughness. If they made it, I'm sure they'd get clobbered in the first round by a better team, especially since the intensity ramps up and the refs swallow the whistles once the playoffs start.

But so few guys on the team have even been to the playoffs. It would have been great to get the young guys at least 4 or 5 games of playoff experience.
                            The core is there. In fact, the sabres have the prospect depth to rebuild the current core in time. The issue with the Sabres is they've done such a poor job adding supplemental players to the core. This has been a theme when even Eichel was a teenager. Great core, nothing outside of it. And that inability to add supplemental players to the core doomed the Sabres again. And I had a feeling this would happen after Adams sat on the team last off season. He cant afford to do that again, and he's probably going to take the Detroit approach like they did with Copp and Compher and add decent UFAs with huge term. Creating a whole other problem down the road.
                            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• DetoxTent
                              • Sep 2023

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
                              The core is there. In fact, the sabres have the prospect depth to rebuild the current core in time. The issue with the Sabres is they've done such a poor job adding supplemental players to the core. This has been a theme when even Eichel was a teenager. Great core, nothing outside of it. And that inability to add supplemental players to the core doomed the Sabres again. And I had a feeling this would happen after Adams sat on the team last off season. He cant afford to do that again, and he's probably going to take the Detroit approach like they did with Copp and Compher and add decent UFAs with huge term. Creating a whole other problem down the road.
                              What good is a core with no scoring and no toughness? You paid a lot of young guys for nothing.

Word is clearly out in the league: just pound on the Sabres and they'll fold.

Comment

Working...
                              X