X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Re: Texas receiver Adonai Mitchell would check many boxes for Bills

I'm also curious about Chop Robinson. He has the kind of bend Von Miller has (or had if you think he is done). He actually has the same height/weight as Von came out college. To get the QB under 2 seconds from the edge, the proven type of guy is Von Miller type - forget about Bruce Smith. There is a reason Bruce Smith is at the top of all time great because he had that bend and but also at 40 lb heavier (this considerable stronger) than Von Miller.

But Chop's college production is no where near what you'd expect with his physical traits. He had no more than 5 sacks in any year. In comparison, Von had 17, 10 sack seasons in college. Is Chop just an athlete but not a football player? That's a big question for GMs to answer. He has a higher likelihood at 28. He's a true boom and bust pick: you can get a Maybin, You can get a Miller.

Comment

• Mad Max
      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by ghz in pittsburgh View Post
      I'm also curious about Chop Robinson. He has the kind of bend Von Miller has (or had if you think he is done). He actually has the same height/weight as Von came out college. To get the QB under 2 seconds from the edge, the proven type of guy is Von Miller type - forget about Bruce Smith. There is a reason Bruce Smith is at the top of all time great because he had that bend and but also at 40 lb heavier (this considerable stronger) than Von Miller.

But Chop's college production is no where near what you'd expect with his physical traits. He had no more than 5 sacks in any year. In comparison, Von had 17, 10 sack seasons in college. Is Chop just an athlete but not a football player? That's a big question for GMs to answer. He has a higher likelihood at 28. He's a true boom and bust pick: you can get a Maybin, You can get a Miller.
      No no and F no on Chop.

I’ve seen him mocked to us a few times and it’s cringe.

He’s a classic tweener IMO with very little college production as you noted.

Not worth the risk.

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Maybin damn was that a terrible pick.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Mad Max View Post
          No no and F no on Chop.

I’ve seen him mocked to us a few times and it’s cringe.

He’s a classic tweener IMO with very little college production as you noted.

Not worth the risk.
          No tweener allowed here.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
            • Aug 2004

Well, Beane has tried to get big guys (not twitch speed traits) on the edge. Epenesa, Rousseau, Basham. No hits so far. Basham is a complete flop. If Chop were able to put up 10 sacks at Penn State, you are talking about a top 5 pick like Von Miller was. As long as the Bills have Josh Allen, we can forget about picking those prospects. Pretty much Beane and his scouting Department have to dig deep for projection and take some gambles. There are guys like Chris Jones dropping to second because off field issues and inconsistent on field performance in college.

Comment

• Mad Max
              Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
              • Mar 2003

Well, Beane has tried to get big guys (not twitch speed traits) on the edge. Epenesa, Rousseau, Basham. No hits so far. Basham is a complete flop. If Chop were able to put up 10 sacks at Penn State, you are talking about a top 5 pick like Von Miller was. As long as the Bills have Josh Allen, we can forget about picking those prospects. Pretty much Beane and his scouting Department have to dig deep for projection and take some gambles. There are guys like Chris Jones dropping to second because off field issues and inconsistent on field performance in college.
              I understand taking a risk. I just wouldn’t take it on Chop.

I would rather take it on Latu. He’s a big health risk, but if he does stay healthy he’s going to beast. Whereas Chop has high bust potential.

Jer’Zhan Newton is another DL risk I’d gladly take.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                • Aug 2004

Here in Pittsburgh, another example is TJ Watt. Similar size and weight. Steelers got him at pick 30. A late boomer to the point where he's considered a one year wonder. I understand there are others who do not pan out. Again, it's all about dig deep into the guy and have a projection. Is Chop a late, late boomer that will blossom in NFL like Josh Allen? I'll tell you it is easier to take that chance if you are the Chiefs - already won enough that you can stomach such gambles.

Comment

• Mad Max
                  Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                  • Mar 2003

Here in Pittsburgh, another example is TJ Watt. Similar size and weight. Steelers got him at pick 30. A late boomer to the point where he's considered a one year wonder. I understand there are others who do not pan out. Again, it's all about dig deep into the guy and have a projection. Is Chop a late, late boomer that will blossom in NFL like Josh Allen? I'll tell you it is easier to take that chance if you are the Chiefs - already won enough that you can stomach such gambles.
                  Risk/reward I’m just an armchair GM obviously but it skews too far towards risk for this guy.

I wish him the best and hope I’m wrong about him (for his sake) and will of course support him if Beane takes him…I just hope I don’t have to.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                    • Sep 2004

I'm conflicted on Chop Robinson. As a draft pick I would pretty much hate it but as a cool name to have on the team I love it.

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                      I'm conflicted on Chop Robinson. As a draft pick I would pretty much hate it but as a cool name to have on the team I love it.
                      Haha. Guess Tomahawk would be hot item if Chop Robinson pans out in NFL. Every time he gets a sack, the whole stadium doing the chop.

Comment

• acehole
                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                        Receiver Adonai Mitchell would check many boxes for Bills

The Buffalo Bills need a home-run hitter, a receiver who can stress defenses vertically to free up the intermediate routes for tight ends Dalton Kincaid and Dawson Knox and possesses the kind of speed to run by cornerbacks to catch rainbowlike throws from quarterback Josh Allen.

How about Texas’ Adonai Mitchell with the 28th pick?

The Bills’ decision to trade Stefon Diggs to the Houston Texans on April 3 created a massive void in the passing game, as did – to a lesser extent – Gabe Davis signing with Jacksonville in free agency last month. The Bills signed Curtis Samuel, but one receiver and possibly two receivers should be in the offing during the draft (April 25-27).

Lazy box.
                        Hated by the stupid..
                        Loved by their moms.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                          • Apr 2004

Questionable press coming out about Mitchell right before the draft gets a side eye.

There are a lot of pass rushers with Day 2 and Day 3 grades that could contribute.

Austin Booker
                          Jonah Ellis
                          Jalyx Hunt
                          Javon Solomon
                          Zion Tupuola-Fetui

Biggest early boom or bust DE is Darius Robinson.
                          Last edited by ParanoidAndroid; 04-18-2024, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by acehole View Post
                            Lazy box.
                            don't need him.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                              don't need him.

this is a video of every play he was involved in. You sure he's lazy? Looks pretty good to me

Comment

• Mad Max
                                Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Bill Cody View Post
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8UO8Fc_75U

this is a video of every play he was involved in. You sure he's lazy? Looks pretty good to me
                                Right. What’s lazy are the arguments against him.

Dude can play, has size, is a good human (missed his daughter so much he switched schools to be closer to her), AND produced big numbers at BOTH Georgia and Texas.

Ya sign me up all day for that kind of “lazy”.

Comment

Working...
                                X