Brian Thomas Jr. (or your ideal first rounder) might need surgery. still take him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Canadian'eh!
    • Mar 2004

Re: Brian Thomas Jr. (or your ideal first rounder) might need surgery. still take him

Originally posted by Turf View Post
    No more McGahee moves for me in the 1st.
    McGahee was fresh of an obliterated knee. "might need shoulder surgery" is not the same thing

Comment

• Bill Cody
      • Sep 2004

Re: Brian Thomas Jr. (or your ideal first rounder) might need surgery. still take him

Originally posted by Turf View Post
      No more McGahee moves for me in the 1st.
      Yeah it sounds like exactly the same thing. Both of those guys shoulders are hamburger

Comment

• kgun12
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by killabuf View Post
        McConkey legette or worthy need one of these guys. Il take any of them where ever how ever.
        Definitely try to move back to the early second round pick up another 2nd and 3rd and get one of these guys.
        Retired Air Traffic Controller
        USAF VETERAN
        DAV

Comment

• sukie
          Seriously?
          • Sep 2012

I am firmly believing that the O is going to be fluid and dynamic. They showed it with Figgs almost playing RB and losing the role of a true number 1. Now the wrinkle of Samuels actually being able to shift into the RB position pre snap and Cook moving out… the WR spot is truly going to be by committee. I sense it. Diggs last 7 games was a glimpse.

BTJ seems like a 1 trick pony. Am I wrong? Is he a crafty route runner or a field stretcher? Not much happened in his first 2 years and Malik may have opened up things last season for him. 2 years ago no one was thinking this is the guy then he explodes.

is this guy just a field stretcher or a true 1?

Comment

• kgun12
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by sukie View Post
            I am firmly believing that the O is going to be fluid and dynamic. They showed it with Figgs almost playing RB and losing the role of a true number 1. Now the wrinkle of Samuels actually being able to shift into the RB position pre snap and Cook moving out… the WR spot is truly going to be by committee. I sense it. Diggs last 7 games was a glimpse.

BTJ seems like a 1 trick pony. Am I wrong? Is he a crafty route runner or a field stretcher? Not much happened in his first 2 years and Malik may have opened up things last season for him. 2 years ago no one was thinking this is the guy then he explodes.

is this guy just a field stretcher or a true 1?
            I’ve said it a couple of threads before this came out, it wouldn’t surprise me a bid if they drafted another position other than WR at 28. I would love to see one of the top linemen on either side of the ball fall to us.
            Oh hell, the only thing I don’t want to see is trading a lot of picks to move up to far.
            USAF VETERAN
            DAV

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

I'm not moving up for either of them even without the red flags.

As far as if Thomas drops to 28, I'd like more medical specifics.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
                I’ve said it a couple of threads before this came out, it wouldn’t surprise me a bid if they drafted another position other than WR at 28. I would love to see one of the top linemen on either side of the ball fall to us.
                Oh hell, the only thing I don’t want to see is trading a lot of picks to move up to far.
                It would surprise me if they went anywhere other than WR. They lost Diggs and have no true #1. And while I agree that the offense will be dynamic and there might not be a true #1, they still need good WRs. It's still an offense-driven league.

Comment

• kgun12
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Goobylal View Post
                  It would surprise me if they went anywhere other than WR. They lost Diggs and have no true #1. And while I agree that the offense will be dynamic and there might not be a true #1, they still need good WRs. It's still an offense-driven league.
                  You could be right, just don't be surprized if it isn't WR.
                  USAF VETERAN
                  DAV

Comment

• Novacane
                    • Jul 2002

They're going CB in the first.

Comment

• kgun12
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                      They're going CB in the first.
                      You kid, but if Cooper DeJean, CB happens to fall, (probably not) they would run to the podium!
                      USAF VETERAN
                      DAV

Comment

• Mad Max
                        Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                        • Mar 2003

You kid, but if Cooper DeJean, CB happens to fall, (probably not) they would run to the podium!
                        I hope not. My tv is too new and expensive.

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

You could be right, just don't be surprized if it isn't WR.
                          Benjamin Albright has reported that the bills are aggressively trying to move up for a wide receiver.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                            • Mar 2015

Benjamin Albright has reported that the bills are aggressively trying to move up for a wide receiver.
                            If that's the case, should have kept Diggs.

We're supposed to look forward to the draft. Not be weary of it.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                              • Mar 2015

Comment

• senseofdoom
                                • Aug 2012

Not sure what his exact quote was but, as written, I don't buy it. Makes no sense to trade up before the draft without knowing who will be available.

Checking in to see what it would cost if their guy is still on the board when the pick comes up makes sense. A good GM should be evaluating all options.

Comment

Working...
                                X