• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

The embarrassing part of todays game...

Even though the Bills lost the game, they did more than I expected by keeping it close. They didn't get blown out in embarrassing fashion like they did against the Jets, Pats, and 49ers, and they didn't piss away a late lead like they did against Tennessee. It wasn't good, but it far better than the utter incompetence that I expected.

However there was one embarrassing area. We were outcoached, yet again. Mainly, I am talking about how we fell for Houston's misdirection plays. Every. Single. Time. I even saw the veteran Kelsay over-pursuing on a play-action bootleg and giving Shaub an unchallenged passing lane to the TE. Kelsay's in there for his experience, not his overall talent, but even he blew that.

They would run Foster to one side, then on the very next play, they would fake the same play and roll Shaub out and the ENTIRE defense was biting on it. and they didn't adjust the entire time.

It would be nice if we could go one game without being outcoached.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • BertSquirtgum
    • May 2009

Re: The embarrassing part of todays game...

Gailey said in his press conference...."A lot of the time my heads buried in what's going on offensively" You're the head coach *******, you're supposed to be watching overseeing the entire team. This guy needs to be fired.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
      Skoobasaurus-Rex
      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
      Even though the Bills lost the game, they did more than I expected by keeping it close. They didn't get blown out in embarrassing fashion like they did against the Jets, Pats, and 49ers, and they didn't piss away a late lead like they did against Tennessee. It wasn't good, but it far better than the utter incompetence that I expected.

However there was one embarrassing area. We were outcoached, yet again. Mainly, I am talking about how we fell for Houston's misdirection plays. Every. Single. Time. I even saw the veteran Kelsay over-pursuing on a play-action bootleg and giving Shaub an unchallenged passing lane to the TE. Kelsay's in there for his experience, not his overall talent, but even he blew that.

They would run Foster to one side, then on the very next play, they would fake the same play and roll Shaub out and the ENTIRE defense was biting on it. and they didn't adjust the entire time.

It would be nice if we could go one game without being outcoached.
      It's so obvious that we're doing nothing different in each half, the teams just wait to see what we do & kill us after the break. Can't we just change any aspect of what we're doing at any point during the game?

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

I train MMA, and a lot of times we will use a certain punch or kick to set up the next hit. Hopefully it lands and does damage, but if not, it doesn't matter because it's all about setting up the power shot that's coming next.

It literally felt like that's what Houston was doing to us. They'd run Foster, and if he tore off 12 yards and got the first, good. If he got stuffed, who cares? They knew they'd have a wide open WR 15 yards down field on the play fake on the next play. It was ridiculous.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kingJofNYC
          • Sep 2009

A reporter asked Chan why Spiller didn't get more touches, Chan replied by saying the usual but also decided to add that the Texans played a defense that they weren't expecting them to play, and never adjusted. Basically admitted that he didn't adjust quick enough, his words and not mine.

Chan Failey

Comment

• billsburgh
            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
            Gailey said in his press conference...."A lot of the time my heads buried in what's going on offensively" You're the head coach *******, you're supposed to be watching overseeing the entire team. This guy needs to be fired.
            the ******* coach thinks he's good enough to be both the head coach and offensive coordinator.

Comment

• Mike
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
              It's so obvious that we're doing nothing different in each half, the teams just wait to see what we do & kill us after the break. Can't we just change any aspect of what we're doing at any point during the game?
              Maybe they are doing player evaluation like the Redskins
              Please Make Sense

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                Skoobasaurus-Rex
                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                Maybe they are doing player evaluation like the Redskins
                Yeah, 13 years running.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  • May 2009

Chump Failey.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                    That's the perfect example of why I said it then and have said it since that he is nothing more then an offensive coordinator. He has no business being a HC and there's a reason why nobody else wanted him except for the Bills.

How some can still defend this guy is beyond me. I'd take him as a OC anytime but he is in over his head as a HC. The HC controls the entire team. He just controls the offense and hopes everyone else is doing their job. He doesn't have a clue as to what it takes to run the TEAM and not just the offense.

Comment

• G Wolly
                      • Mar 2004

The play that got the biggest cheer outta my friends and I was Powell's punt that landed inside the 5.

Pathetic.

Comment

• ZAZusmc03
                        • Jan 2010

I wouldn't take the ******* as an OC either. 6 carries for CJ?!?! ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?

I'll edit this because I believe his offense is good, but for Christ's sake, the play calling is terrible, so again, his offense I'd take, his play-calling, leave that **** at the door.
                        Last edited by ZAZusmc03; 11-05-2012, 02:35 AM.

Comment

• mush69
                          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by ZAZusmc03 View Post
                          I wouldn't take the ******* as an OC either. 6 carries for CJ?!?! ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?

I'll edit this because I believe his offense is good, but for Christ's sake, the play calling is terrible, so again, his offense I'd take, his play-calling, leave that **** at the door.
                          How can ya say that his offense is good when they never seen the endzone yesterday? He took the ball out of CJ's hands in the second half and never even sniffed the smell of a TD.
                          Don't Mistake Lack Of Talent For Genius

Comment

• Night Train
                            Retired - On Several Levels
                            • Jul 2005

We're losing respectively, ala Jauron teams.

This is what it's become again. But it's STILL a loss.
                            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• jamze132
                              • Jun 2003

Inconceivable. How does the NFL leading RB I'm YPC get 6 rushes?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍