• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imbondz
    Democrats are people too
    • Jan 2003

Byrds diving interception

was one of the best, most athletic plays i've seen in a while. While it was live, I thought the ball just went out of bounds. Didn't even cross my mind that he could have caught that ball. Then when he got up with the ball, I still thought it just bounced in his arms. I jumped out of my seat during the replay still couldn't believe he caught it. Best play of the night in my opinion. Infuriating that we couldn't run the clock out after that, but that's another topic.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

• MTBillsFan
    • May 2003

Re: Byrds diving interception

Can't agree more! Buddy needs to get off his arse and sign Byrd to a very large long term deal!
    Send me some wings!

Comment

• T-Long
      Circling the Wagons since 1982.
      • Sep 2003

Byrd needs a new deal, like, yesterday.

Comment

• GingerP
        • Aug 2012

He played great and really showcased himself last night. He made himself some money. I doubt he is looking to sign a new deal now, he is 6 games away from free agency and a big payday.

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

If he misjudges that ball and just takes the receivers legs out the flags would have been flying from every direction. I was amazed he caught that pass. Not only is it a quick decision on his part-like milliseconds-but one really has to know the ability and athleticism of their own body in order to time that catch.

Comment

• Oaf
            Do you read what you write?
            • Jun 2007

I was looking for flags too. I had no idea what happened watching it live.

Comment

• Crisis
              • Aug 2004

He has better hands than Donald Jones.
              Originally posted by LOSman WINS
              Vanek is Austrian not European
              Originally posted by Prov401
              Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
              Originally posted by better days
              I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Buddo
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by GingerP View Post
                He played great and really showcased himself last night. He made himself some money. I doubt he is looking to sign a new deal now, he is 6 games away from free agency and a big payday.
                Doesn't matter if he isn't looking to sign a new deal, as he will be tagged.

One of the best defensive plays all season tbh.

Even without any other games having been played yet, he must have a good shot at being defensive player of the week. 2 Interceptions, and recovering a forced fumble.

Comment

• jimmifli
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Buddo View Post

One of the best defensive plays all season tbh.

Even without any other games having been played yet, he must have a good shot at being defensive player of the week. 2 Interceptions, and recovering a forced fumble.
                  Yep, nothing wrong with tagging him. He deserves to be paid like a top safety.

Comment

• GingerP
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Buddo View Post
                    I imagine he will be tagged, because it will be cheaper to tag him than Levitre. Last year, the tag for S was 6.2M, while the tag for OL was about $9.4M. Ideally, the Bills would sign one and tag the other.

From Byrd's perspective, getting the tag gives him a launching point for his negotiation. If you look at Eric Weddle's contract (5 Yrs/$40M, $13M SB, $19M guaranteed), that really is probably what Byrd would hope for on the open market. I think if the Bills offer him $8M per and comparable guarantees, he might be enticed to sign. Short of that, I would think he would just as soon wait for the offseason, tag or no tag, at this point. Games like last night only increase his value.

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

when the front 7 do their job, byrd is allowed to do his thing.

don't forget he almost had another interception. sign him, get the OLB and another DE for the rotation, and a blitz happy package could make byrd a legend. just great instincts.

he could singlehandedly shut down this constant need for more DB's if he isn't asked to creep up for run support.

Comment

• Buddo
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by GingerP View Post
                        I imagine he will be tagged, because it will be cheaper to tag him than Levitre. Last year, the tag for S was 6.2M, while the tag for OL was about $9.4M. Ideally, the Bills would sign one and tag the other.

From Byrd's perspective, getting the tag gives him a launching point for his negotiation. If you look at Eric Weddle's contract (5 Yrs/$40M, $13M SB, $19M guaranteed), that really is probably what Byrd would hope for on the open market. I think if the Bills offer him $8M per and comparable guarantees, he might be enticed to sign. Short of that, I would think he would just as soon wait for the offseason, tag or no tag, at this point. Games like last night only increase his value.
                        Not sure about the negotiation stuff, but if anyone is getting tagged, it will be Byrd, as you rightly say, his tag # will be lower than Levitre's. Byrd is a better player than Weddle, and no doubt would get more on the open market - he's the right age to give a big deal to.

Comment

• Syderick
                          • Apr 2006

Subscribe now for more Family Guy clips: http://fox.tv/SubscribeFOXWatch Family Guy on Hulu: https://www.hulu.com/series/3c3c0f8b-7366-4d15-88ab-18050285978e...
                          3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE View Post
                            If he misjudges that ball and just takes the receivers legs out the flags would have been flying from every direction. I was amazed he caught that pass. Not only is it a quick decision on his part-like milliseconds-but one really has to know the ability and athleticism of their own body in order to time that catch.
                            I was looking for the flags to fly, had no idea he had the pick. That was one of the best INT's ive seen in a long time.

Comment

• Tiburon1724
                              • Sep 2005

I've always loved Byrd!!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘