Re: SERIOUS QUESTION:

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    Pittsburgh?
    That's what I would put my money on.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

2. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (01-19-2023),Historian (01-17-2023)

Visually stunning but camera-shy. Cntrygal's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,593 Times in 4,537 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

"I love it here," Edmunds said. "I want to be here. Bills Mafia has been so good to me and I don't want that to go unsaid because it's been a family. This is my fifth year here and I'm at home. You feel that when you come here. Just the fans, the players, the coaches, the staff here from the cafeteria to everybody. It's a family and I would say that that's a feeling that if you're not here to witness it, you just really don't know. But I've been here for five years now and that's what it feels like. We're just one big family. Obviously we'll handle that stuff once the football stuff gets done, but I definitely want to be here for sure."

More...
    Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

4. Post thanked by:

Historian (01-20-2023),notacon (01-19-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,713 Times in 7,769 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TigerJ View Post
    It may be between Edmunds and Poyer. I doubt the Bills can finagle enough cap room to sign both of them. Poyer is on the wrong side of 30, so if I had to choose between them, I'd probably try to re-sign Edmunds.
    With Poyer’s recent “goodbye”....maybe he knows something.

I have no idea if extending Edmunds is going to be an either/or proposition of extending Poyer or not.

The fact is that Tremaine Edmunds is a critical cornerstone of the Bills defense. Their defense is much better with him on the field, and much worse when he’s not.

With his young age and still room for further improvement over his already stellar play, the Bills will, and should do everything within their power to keep him a Buffalo Bill.

6. Post thanked by:

Historian (01-20-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,713 Times in 7,769 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Cntrygal View Post
    "I love it here," Edmunds said. "I want to be here. Bills Mafia has been so good to me and I don't want that to go unsaid because it's been a family. This is my fifth year here and I'm at home. You feel that when you come here. Just the fans, the players, the coaches, the staff here from the cafeteria to everybody. It's a family and I would say that that's a feeling that if you're not here to witness it, you just really don't know. But I've been here for five years now and that's what it feels like. We're just one big family. Obviously we'll handle that stuff once the football stuff gets done, but I definitely want to be here for sure."

More...
    As usual, the people’s opinion that REALLY matter and know much more about NFL football and the impact of Edmunds for the quality of this team, Leslie Frazier, sing his praises.

The Bills have had that faith in him from the beginning.

"I think now people are beginning to see some of the same things that we've been seeing all along," Bills defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier said.

Edmunds has passed the eye test this season even if all the stats haven't moved a whole lot from previous seasons.

Then there's the hearing test that Frazier believes has been the biggest change in his defensive captain.

"We needed Tremaine to take another step from a leadership standpoint when it comes to being more vocal and he's done that," Frazier said. "The playmaking we knew would come as he got more experienced and continued to mature within the system and we're seeing that. But his leadership, I think when you see the resiliency of our guys, a lot of it kind of mirrors Tremaine's personality and not the highs and lows that some guys get caught up in. He's a pretty even keel guy and that kind of permeates our defense."

When are the skeptical “fans” going to get the message and recognize the reality of Edmunds extremely high value and critical importance to the Buffalo Bills????

My battery is low and it's getting dark. ParanoidAndroid's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,709 Times in 3,428 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    Pittsburgh?
    That was the first team that came to mind.

But they have Watt and Highsmith outside, Bush and Jack inside. Bush is a FA but they have a significant amount of cap invested at LB via Watt alone and Edmunds is going to get paid too much to play inside a 3-4. Plus, Highsmith will be a FA after 2023.

I'm starting to think the Bills could find a way to keep him and bring his brother in from Pittsburgh.

9. Post thanked by:

Historian (01-20-2023)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,082 Times in 4,279 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Food for thought.

Restructuring Allen's deal next year alone would free up about 20 million in space. They could free up another 15-20 by restructuring some other contracts. Will they? Who knows. Beane has been pretty good at finding money to re-sign or bring guys (Von) in. He will have to get super creative to keep Tremaine and Jordan, but I don't think it's impossible.

11. Post thanked by:

Historian (01-20-2023),kscdogbillsfan1221 (01-20-2023),notacon (01-20-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Give Poyer a 2 year deal at Top 5 money for his position. He’s played his heart out for us and there’s a noticeable drop off when he’s not there