Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Eagles vs Chiefs Super Bowl 57

Thanks
    Thanked 7,618 Times in 6,168 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Eagles vs Chiefs Super Bowl 57

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...lding-penalty/

Hard to complain about that penalty at the end when the player who committed the penalty fully admits he held and that it was the correct call. If he disagreed with the holding penalty he would have just not commented on it.
    Just a dumb ass they all give a tug.

No more a foul as twenty others not called.

A bad call regardless.
    FSU WR K. Coleman #33
    Utah DB C. Bishop #60
    Duke DT D. Carter #95
    Kentucky RB R.Davis #128
    Georgia C S.VanPran-Granger #141
    Washington LB Edefuan Ulofoshio #160
    Troy DE J.Solomon #168
    UCF OT T.Grable #204
    Penn ST. CB D.Hardy #219
    England OT T.Clayton #221

2. Post thanked by:

imbondz (02-13-2023)

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,340 Times in 15,477 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    It wasn't PI jmo.
    And you would be correct, Woodsie.

If one feels the need to call a foul there, it should be a defensive holding foul, five yards, first down.

I don't think that changes the outcome of the game, but at least it takes away the smell of favoritism.

I thought a more egregious call was the reversal of the Philly catch in the first half.

Game turned from there, IMO.

One thing the last few SBs have showed (I think) is the need for big, fast, hard hitting linebackers.

Other than Milano, our group is weak.

4. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (02-13-2023)

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,340 Times in 15,477 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kscdogbillsfan1221 View Post

and yes, I believe mahomes was exaggerating the limp.
    I do too, and in fact I said to my wife, "This is all part of the theater. Now I know KC will win the game"

The last two SBs have essentially been decided by ****ty refereeing.

Or is it?

I'm to the point where I believe all this crap is fixed.

These aren't players.

They're actors.

6. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (02-13-2023)

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,006 Times in 2,186 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The only time that was called all game. Yeah right.
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

8. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (02-13-2023),Woodman (02-15-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    And you would be correct, Woodsie.

If one feels the need to call a foul there, it should be a defensive holding foul, five yards, first down.

I don't think that changes the outcome of the game, but at least it takes away the smell of favoritism.

I thought a more egregious call was the reversal of the Philly catch in the first half.

Game turned from there, IMO.

One thing the last few SBs have showed (I think) is the need for big, fast, hard hitting linebackers.

Other than Milano, our group is weak.
    Could not agree more.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by imbondz View Post
    The only time that was called all game. Yeah right.
    There had to be at least 20 instances where similar grabs or tugs took place and it was play on ..... why at that point reverse the script established throughout the game .... just really pathetic.

11. Post thanked by:

imbondz (02-13-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,904 Times in 4,024 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'll put it this way. I've been waiting for a BIlls SB win my entire life, and may never see one.

But if the Bills won a SB because of a call like that, I'd feel a little dirty.

13. Post thanked by:

Historian (02-13-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    I'll put it this way. I've been waiting for a BIlls SB win my entire life, and may never see one.

Thank you!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,940 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    I do too, and in fact I said to my wife, "This is all part of the theater. Now I know KC will win the game"

The last two SBs have essentially been decided by ****ty refereeing.

Or is it?

I'm to the point where I believe all this crap is fixed.

These aren't players.

They're actors.
    This is why I have no emotional ties anymore, it’s all for show!
    When Mahomes got hurt he limped off the field, as the walk to the tunnel the limp was pretty bad. There’s a clip on sports center one in the tunnel head to the locker room he wasn’t limping at all!!!
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

16. Post thanked by:

Historian (02-13-2023),sahlensguy (02-13-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kgun12 View Post
    This is why I have no emotional ties anymore, it’s all for show!
    When Mahomes got hurt he limped off the field, as the walk to the tunnel the limp was pretty bad. There’s a clip on sports center one in the tunnel head to the locker room he wasn’t limping at all!!!
    Not surprised.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,940 Times in 1,211 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Hey at least Bradberry and the Eagles are holding up their end of the script. Down watch the video it doesn’t address it.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/eagle...enalty-holding

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,006 Times in 2,186 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post

Hell no. I’d think it was a great call.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

When you do that in front of a ref, and you're tugging a guy not once but twice, it's hard to just ignore it happened when the ball is thrown to the WR who got held and tugged. That's all I'm saying.

Yes, holding happens every play of every game...but when you're in a big moment like that and it's pretty egregious it has to be flagged.

If that wasn't flagged and the Eagles came back and won, we'd hear complaints about it like the non call PI against the Saints a few years back, which helped lead to them ultimately losing.

The argument here is basically the refs should have kept their whistle in their pockets and ignored the rules because they missed a call somewhere else in the game.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It was not egregious.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,195 Times in 5,921 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

When you do that in front of a ref, and you're tugging a guy not once but twice, it's hard to just ignore it happened when the ball is thrown to the WR who got held and tugged. That's all I'm saying.

Yes, holding happens every play of every game...but when you're in a big moment like that and it's pretty egregious it has to be flagged.

If that wasn't flagged and the Eagles came back and won, we'd hear complaints about it like the non call PI against the Saints a few years back, which helped lead to them ultimately losing.

The argument here is basically the refs should have kept their whistle in their pockets and ignored the rules because they missed a call somewhere else in the game.
    Point was made by Orlofsky, after that play no one on the KC sideline or the WR reacted as if a call was blown… no arms in the air in protest , no “Ref you missed it”… nothing. It wasn’t an egregious “tug” at all.

shoulda let it play out. Eagles would had a shot to tie but maybe the SB going to overtime is a bad thing.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,717 Times in 7,771 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...lding-penalty/

Hard to complain about that penalty at the end when the player who committed the penalty fully admits he held and that it was the correct call. If he disagreed with the holding penalty he would have just not commented on it.
    No, it’s really easy to complain about the call. Looking carefully at what he said tells the story....

I pulled on his jersey. They called it. I was hoping they would let it ride....

Holding, of all kinds, take place an almost every play in every NFL game. Defensive players (especially LB and secondary) know that they HAVE to tug and try to slow down receivers, just like receivers know they HAVE to push off and try to slow down defenders.

The only unknown before a game starts is “how are the refs going to call the game”.

In this game, there did not call ONE OTHER HOLDING PENALTY. On either side of the ball for the first 58 minutes. The refs set the tone on HOW they were going to call that game....and they stuck to it for 58 minutes.

Bradbury's (if you watch his quote) expression on his face and tone of voice tell all. He was classy in reacting to what cannot be changed. If the refs call that minor almost non-existent “hold” like the rest of the game, it would NOT have been called. And Bradbury knows it.

Watching that “pull on his jersey” can anyone honesty say that THAT was the worst hold in the game?!?!? Of course not. It was ticky tack.

The delay in throwing the flag was probably the result of whining from the KC sideline.

This year’s Super Bowl will not be remembered for a winning play of a spectacular catch....an eye popping run....an unbelievable QB throw avoiding a rush and dropping a dime...an amazing defensive play....a pass rush that was caused a mistake....

It’s going to remembered by a “controversial” call (the word using in almost every report of the end of the game in all media )....that is another word sports media use instead of simply saying....”a SHIITY, TERRIBLE, BAD, STPUD” call.

Any objective observer and all NFL fans want to see a competitive SB where the players decide the game. We did not get that. The REFS decided the game. Period. End. Of. Story.

It’s even worse than losing the coin flip and never getting your hands on the ball (which now will NEVER happen again in any NFL playoff) because at least the team that won the flip, got the ball, and then PLAYED THE GAME to a very high level and score a TD.

Not yesterday.

This leaves a bad taste in the mouth of anyone who enjoys the NFL....except KC fans.

The refs cheapened the game. They ****ed up....and made the end the game a joke instead of a genuine competition in the last two minutes seeing great players making great plays.

What a crappy way to end this season.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Nota, your post is exactly my point...

Even though it was a penalty, and an obvious one, because they didn't call any other holdings and the moment of the game they should have just continued to swallow the whistle and not call an obvious penalty a penalty.

We're now complaining, and calling it "refs cheapening the game" because they called something to the letter of the rule book.

And like I said, I guarantee you that if that wasn't called and the Eagles went downfield and won that game people would point back to this same very play about how it should have been called and the refs helped decide the outcome of the game.

Refs in this league, and they have a lot of issues and problems, are damned if they and damned if they don't.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,717 Times in 7,771 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Even though it was a penalty, and an obvious one, because they didn't call any other holdings and the moment of the game they should have just continued to swallow the whistle and not call an obvious penalty a penalty.

We're now complaining, and calling it "refs cheapening the game" because they called something to the letter of the rule book.

And like I said, I guarantee you that if that wasn't called and the Eagles went downfield and won that game people would point back to this same very play about how it should have been called and the refs helped decide the outcome of the game.

Refs in this league, and they have a lot of issues and problems, are damned if they and damned if they don't.
    No. It was not “obvious”. There were lots of other plays that holding was more obvious, and they did not call it.

It was ticky tack all the way. And decided the game and ruined it.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,586 Times in 17,462 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You just laid out one of the bigger problems with the officiating. They let the players play, until a game-deciding, pivotal moment and then they decide it's time to follow the rules "to the letter" (which is very questionable in this instance to begin with) and determine the ultimate outcome of the game. If ticky-tack defensive 'holding' (which it wasn't anyway) isn't a penalty for 58 minutes than it shouldn't be the last two when the game is still in the balance.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Woodman View Post
    There had to be at least 20 instances where similar grabs or tugs took place and it was play on ..... why at that point reverse the script established throughout the game .... just really pathetic.