Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I can't bear any more of Fitzpathetic

Thanks
    Thanked 17,663 Times in 8,459 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: I can't bear any more of Fitzpathetic

It was crystal clear on replay that last play was the wrong route by Graham.

If you did not pick up on that watching the game, you are missing out how offenses work and how patterns are constructed. Fitz was throwing to a spot. The player that was supposed in that spot was not there.

I can't beieve that people can't pick up on that. It is a simple concept.
    Last edited by Dr. Lecter; 11-12-2012 at 06:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

2. Post thanked by:

YardRat (11-12-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,663 Times in 8,459 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    Yes, that last play was on Fitz. A local station had a field level camera from the opposite end zone. McCourty was right there and Fitz threw it directly at him. Graham took the bullet.

We lost the turnover battle 3-0 and took a boatload of penalties. This is who we are.

FItz was throwing to a spot. The spot was supposed to have been covered by a WR who cut deep instead of shallow

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Billz_fan View Post
    I knew as soon as Buffalo started that drive what was going to happen. I said it to everyone here. Gonna end with a pick near the goal line I said. Did not even bat an eyelash at the results. Pathetic.
    Jeremy (my brother-in-law and I said the same thing). The previous scoring drive he had several that could have been picked.

This is absolutely on Fitz. If he doesn't throw at a defender, we at worst lose because of other reasons or possibly win the game.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
    No one really to blame today.

Fitz threw an untimely INT. Wrong route by TJ Graham. Jackson had an untimely fumble. Poor INT call in the endzone. Defense was a sieve at times but tightened up in situations. Took too many legitimate penalties. Couldn't capitalize.

Overall, it's a team loss.
    Too many legitimate penalties yes, but it was ridiculous the amount of BS penalties that were called against the Bills & all called at times that would have been positive plays for Bills. Even the announcers said so on tv, 119 yds in penalties in the first half alone RIDICULOUS.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

it is on fitz. the bills defense could have picked off Brady at the start of the game by Bryan scott sucks.

fitz's game plan is short only. his fumble came on one of 4 short routes they run and the patriots snuffed it out because you could literally have fitz and a WR wide open and he won't make that throw. so they don't care.

Fitz was servicable, but when you have a servicable QB vs a legit qb, other people have to be lights out. and the defense wasn't. fred jackson wasnt. TJ graham wasn't. This is what you get when the ceiling of the QB is to manage the game. everyone else has to be near perfect.

and honestly, i felt like the d put the patriots in a lot of third downs and a lot of the "convesrions" came on BS penalties. i'm not sure how a defense is supposed to stop that.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

for those of you saying Fitz played "well" sunday, go back and watch the tape again, and look at how many of his passes were behind the recievers, and or poorly placed.... Buffalo's recievers had a great game, and made Fitz look like he played "well", but if he could actually lead a reciever correctly we win that game easily
    RIP Tommy D!
    12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

8. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (11-12-2012),kishoph (11-12-2012),Michael82 (11-13-2012),trapezeus (11-12-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

there was one throw that fitz had that was a longer throw to the endzone. he read it right. the safety pinched up and the WR was one on one. and the ball isn't even put in a position for there to be a play. We've got wide outs who just need a shot to make the play.

Teams know the likely hood of a pass being even remotely catchable, so they take that one on one risk. it speaks to how awesome the line and RB's are at this point that htey can run with teams daring them to pass long and the bills rarely try. and when they do it doesn't stop the defense from doing exactly as it had planned.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mski View Post
    for those of you saying Fitz played "well" sunday, go back and watch the tape again, and look at how many of his passes were behind the recievers, and or poorly placed.... Buffalo's recievers had a great game, and made Fitz look like he played "well", but if he could actually lead a reciever correctly we win that game easily
    I was going to say the same thing. It wasn't just the last throw in an INT. It was all game long, overthrowing and underthrowing receivers. He's one of the least accurate starting QBs out there. Earlier in the game Stevie had beaten his receiver in the end zone and Fitz overthrew him by 3 yards. He also threw high to Channdler and Jones several times, resulting in them getting hit hard by defenders. There were balls thrown 2 steps behind receivers coming across in the slot. Yes the only throws he can make are dump offs to RBs 5 yards in front of him. That's all Fitz is. Captain Dumpoff.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    FItz was throwing to a spot. The spot was supposed to have been covered by a WR who cut deep instead of shallow
    Wow.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,438 Times in 7,062 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

lol. It wasn't one one person or one unit.

Fitz had his moments of playing well and so did the D in the 4th qtr.

Point is, the D looked like crap in the first 3 qtrs and Fitz threw a pick in the end (whether or not it was TJ Fault).

Total team meltdown. This was a Buffalo Bills TEAM choke job.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If you did not pick up on that watching the game, you are missing out how offenses work and how patterns are constructed. Fitz was throwing to a spot. The player that was supposed in that spot was not there.

Can you tell me definitively that there wasn't a moment just before he threw the ball that he could recognize Graham ran the wrong route? That he couldn't prevent throwing a pick?

Yes, it does change the amount of blame to put on Fitz. But, it does not remove all blame.

14. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (11-12-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mski View Post
    Look at the series before the last one... At how many throws were off target and in a spot where they could have been picked.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I watched the replay at least a dozen times this morning and it's an option, Graham choose to go deep and Fitz chose to throw it to the corner.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,438 Times in 7,062 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by X-Era View Post
    Look at the series before the last one... At how many throws were off target and in a spot where they could have been picked.
    did you see all the Pats series? They scored on almost all of them. The D shares the blame.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,468 Times in 17,375 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kishoph View Post
    I watched the replay at least a dozen times this morning and it's an option, Graham choose to go deep and Fitz chose to throw it to the corner.
    Kelly was on the radio this AM, and called it right away also (according to him). In the red zone, going behind the defender really is not an option because of the limited space. TJ should have cut across the defender's face, and Fitz was expecting that, throwing to that spot. Wrong route, plain and simple.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kishoph View Post
    Bingo! If the corner is playing a shallow cover 2, which he was, the receiver's read is to take the pattern deeper, which TJ did. That is why TJ threw up his hands in disgust when the ball was thrown underneath. The rookie took the bullet for his veteran QB, who did not make the correct read and threw to the wrong spot. Like it or not, its on Fitz.

20. Post thanked by:

gebobs (11-12-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    Kelly was on the radio this AM, and called it right away also (according to him). In the red zone, going behind the defender really is not an option because of the limited space. TJ should have cut across the defender's face, and Fitz was expecting that, throwing to that spot. Wrong route, plain and simple.
    TJ was by himself at the back of the endzone. Many, many touchdowns are scored in exactly that geography. And there is a reason why the pattern calls for a deeper route when the corner is shaqllow - its because you woulod otherwise be running straight into coverage. The Bills org., including JK, are trying to take thye pressure off Fitz.
    As for how you are supposed to run the route Gailey himself said you take it deeper (tho he also said he would have to "review the tape").

22. Post thanked by:

gebobs (11-12-2012)

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kingJofNYC View Post
    I slag on Fitz as much as the next guy, but Graham ran a **** route.
    What happened to our smart-as-Einstein quarterback then? He throws the game-deciding pass to a rookie over the middle in traffic instead of to Spiller who was wide open at the 5 yard line or to SJ who was breaking clear in the corner?

Sorry kids...I don't care if the rookie manned up and took the blame away from the Amish Rifle (i.e. no ammo), Fitz is responsible for that stupid decision. Anyone that thinks he's not to blame is an idiot.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

24. Post thanked by:

BertSquirtgum (11-12-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,634 Times in 7,705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by coastal View Post
    i see u r as angry here as elsewhere.
    Not angry...just realistic. I see you are as delusional here as elsewhere.

Why is the wifey staying away. Afraid of getting her ass kicked?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There were 5 receivers on the last play, Stevie (4TD's), Spiller (5 TD's), Chandler (5 TD's), Jones (4 TD's) and the rookie Graham (1 TD), so Fitz decides pre snap that he's going to Graham (listen to his WGR interview), never considering another option, he looked left only to try and freeze the LB (in the interview), not to see another option. Fitz was throwing to Graham, be damned, another case of him panicking and trying for something that was not there.