Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "SCREW BON JOVI" message at Day 1

SpikedLemonade

Re: "SCREW BON JOVI" message at Day 1

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    A crappy team is better than no team.
    There's a bumper sticker for a city of losers.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SpikedLemonade View Post
    There's a bumper sticker for a city of losers.
    The TiCats

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

One of Buffalo's monikers: "The City of Good Neighbors." Did it change since I left in 1978?
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Democrats are people too imbondz's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,187 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering Buffalo View Post
    We're all worried about EJ's development and who's going to replace Kiko but the message that came across load and clear from the Bill's faithful was Bon JOVI can eat *****!!! Unfortunately I don't live in Buffalo to be there to keep it going so I'm hoping the Mafia keeps the chant alive and louder as camp goes on. A few banners at the HOF game should get some national attention as well
    love it! who ever said we're all mature
    My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,471 Times in 14,179 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

OK let's hear some GOOD ideas from you about how to do that.

I see nothing embarrassing about signs & heckling of Bon Jovi myself.

They can be humorous, they don't have to be crude.
    If you want to make any impact or difference in the process then you have to hit the NFL where it feels it which is in the wallet. Organizing that kind of an event would be pretty close to impossible, but say you actually got the fanbase to organize and not buy a single concession from RWS for an entire game. You know what kind of a message that would send over a few idiots screaming "Screw Bon Jovi!" at a Training Camp practice?
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    i always thought it was so ridiculous that people felt like that was a classless move. to let jauron fill out the extension after blowing hte 2008 season and then just coaching as a lame duck was unbearable. without that billboard, the bills would have kept him there.
    No they wouldn't have. Its naive to think a dumb gimmick cost Jauron his job.

jauron seems like a nice guy but watching 2-3 more years of his football would have killed any support.
    Because we've been so much better in the last 2-3 years? I wanted Jauron gone too for the record.

the bills don't listen to their fanbase. if they did, russ would have been gone the day he signed the toronto game over and if not, the day he re-upped the contract after it clearly failed.
    Of course they don't and they shouldn't. The fanbase is going to show up no matter what, there is no reason to listen to them.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I sense the same thing coming on after this season.

I think we're asking the wrong questions on the new ownership of the team. Any new owner is going to promise to keep the Bills here. And here they'll stay for as long as it makes business sense to do so, again, unless there really is an owner out there willing to sacrifice business sense for sentimentality, which I'm not arguing does not exist, as Pegula and Golisano both seem to be such people, but we can't know for sure how viable this team will be five years from now since we have no idea what the relative condition of the economy will be in WNY, and even they may die or sell the team down the road or even move it "despite their attempts to keep it here."

Instead of asking whether or not they'll leave the team here, I'd be asking whether or not they'll replace the existing set of cronies that Wilson's left in there for decades. If the answer is anything but that they'd pick their own guys, I'd wish for someone else to buy the team.

I would trade the next six seasons in Buffalo while playing at a high level, perhaps even winning a Super Bowl, for 30 more years of Wilson-like management any day of the week.
    That is because you have no real emotional investment in the BUFFALO Bills. You & your ilk don't really care if they stay or leave.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Yea because that's the mature way of conducting business.
    Get the F out of here with that ****. I'm glad you're in Georgia.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

That is because you have no real emotional investment in the BUFFALO Bills. You & your ilk don't really care if they stay or leave.

Wrong. Who would bother to look up this site, join it, and post unless they were concerned about the team? No troll bothers to post as much as Fletch does - right?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

No they wouldn't have. Its naive to think a dumb gimmick cost Jauron his job.

Because we've been so much better in the last 2-3 years? I wanted Jauron gone too for the record.

Of course they don't and they shouldn't. The fanbase is going to show up no matter what, there is no reason to listen to them.
    they would have let him finish that contract or gotten at least another year out of him so that they would reduce the impact of having multiple coaches on contract.

and yeah, the bills record was worse under chan, but they didn't make the same mistake time after time like jauron. i'd rather sit with a 3-13 team for 6 years in a row that had a little heart, than the complete bubbling under jauron.

i'm not saying every fan whim needs to be listened to, but we haven't liked the last 3-4 coaches they brought in on day 1. And we've been right and they've been wrong. So perhaps as fans start putting it together that it's always been russ and the executive branch of the bills holding this team back, we should be vocal for our distaste of russ. It would be important right now as new ownership comes in. it would suck to get darcy reigered in this and have to deal with russ as default president because the new owner is nervous about change.

change is the only thing that will help this team at the very top.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
    Get the F out of here with that ****. I'm glad you're in Georgia.
    Thank you for proving my point.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    they would have let him finish that contract or gotten at least another year out of him so that they would reduce the impact of having multiple coaches on contract.
    There is nothing to support that opinion.

and yeah, the bills record was worse under chan, but they didn't make the same mistake time after time like jauron. i'd rather sit with a 3-13 team for 6 years in a row that had a little heart, than the complete bubbling under jauron.
    We've falled so far that now we are counting effort?

i'm not saying every fan whim needs to be listened to, but we haven't liked the last 3-4 coaches they brought in on day 1. And we've been right and they've been wrong. So perhaps as fans start putting it together that it's always been russ and the executive branch of the bills holding this team back, we should be vocal for our distaste of russ. It would be important right now as new ownership comes in. it would suck to get darcy reigered in this and have to deal with russ as default president because the new owner is nervous about change.

change is the only thing that will help this team at the very top.
    I hate to tell you this but I don't think Russ is going anywhere. He's been removed from most football based decisions already and he's led this team profitably despite having an absentee owner due to health issues, and a horribly preforming team. From a business stand point that's a hell of an accomplishment. I can see a ton of reasons for any new owner to keep him around.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

a complete embarrassment.
    This, from an expert on the topic.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by stuckincincy View Post
    Wrong. Who would bother to look up this site, join it, and post unless they were concerned about the team? No troll bothers to post as much as Fletch does - right?
    Wrong. Go on any board of any team & you will find trolls.

But I am not saying Fletch is a troll. He may like the Bills.

But he does not LOVE them.

Kind of how I am with the Bucs.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If you want to make any impact or difference in the process then you have to hit the NFL where it feels it which is in the wallet. Organizing that kind of an event would be pretty close to impossible, but say you actually got the fanbase to organize and not buy a single concession from RWS for an entire game. You know what kind of a message that would send over a few idiots screaming "Screw Bon Jovi!" at a Training Camp practice?
    Well, I disagree. I think letting Bon Jovi along with the rest of his group as well as the rest of the NFL know Bills fans will not go silently into the dark night.

We have to let everyone know they are in for a long time of embaresment for the NFL with Bills fans shouting & showing signs of our displeasure.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well, I disagree. I think letting Bon Jovi along with the rest of his group as well as the rest of the NFL know Bills fans will not go silently into the dark night.

We have to let everyone know they are in for a long time of embaresment for the NFL with Bills fans shouting & showing signs of our displeasure.
    Of course you do, because its not about the result its about the spectacle which makes the jackassery all the more ridiculous. Neither the Bills nor the NFL are going to pay any attention to fans looking like idiots other than to laugh at them.

You don't think ****ting the bed for the last 14 years has made the Bills look like enough of an embarrassment to the rest of the NFL?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Of course you do, because its not about the result its about the spectacle which makes the jackassery all the more ridiculous. Neither the Bills nor the NFL are going to pay any attention to fans looking like idiots other than to laugh at them.

You don't think ****ting the bed for the last 14 years has made the Bills look like enough of an embarrassment to the rest of the NFL?
    No I don't. The fact the Bills **** the bed for the last 14 years & still had the fan support they do shows what a passionate fan base the Bills have.

If Bon Jovi & Toronto buy the Bills, they will not be laughing at the abuse they will take in Buffalo until 2020.

I'm right, Miyagi is wrong. HAMMER's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

DraftBoy is right, billboards and name calling accomplish absolutely nothing except make the people doing it look foolish.

Why are people so heated up about Bon Jovi, he said he would keep the team in B-Lo. What else do you want?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HAMMER View Post
    DraftBoy is right, billboards and name calling accomplish absolutely nothing except make the people doing it look foolish.

Why are people so heated up about Bon Jovi, he said he would keep the team in B-Lo. What else do you want?
    You must be a mushroom. In the DARK.

The Toronto group Bon Jovi is a part of was reported to be buying the Bills to move them to Toronto by a reputable source in Toronto.

This was before it became known that not only the Bills can not be moved, but nobody with the intent of moving them can even bid on them.

Hence the reason Bon Jovi & his group are NOW saying they would not move the Bills.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HAMMER View Post