• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Did you draft Josh Gordon?

If so you basically got punked. Gordon is forgoing his NFL career to entire rehab.

If you didn't learn the last two times and still drafted him, then this is what you get.

In real life I hope the dude gets the help he needs.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• sukie
    Seriously?
    • Sep 2012

Re: Did you draft Josh Gordon?

rehab isn't that long... it's week 4

Comment

• The King
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sukie View Post
      rehab isn't that long... it's week 4
      "After careful thought and deep consideration I've decided that I need to step away from pursuing my return to the Browns and my football career to enter an in-patient rehabilitation facility," Gordon said in a statement released through the Browns on Thursday. "This is the right decision for me and one that I hope will enable me to gain full control of my life and continue on a path to reach my full potential as a person. I appreciate the support of the NFL, NFLPA, the Browns, my teammates, my agent and the community through this extremely challenging process."

Step away... he was one week from a return, he could've done this at anytime in the last 4 weeks but he didn't. He's not coming back. Not this year.
      This is likely coming because he was going to need to take a drug test... which he would've failed.
      Last edited by The King; 09-30-2016, 11:05 AM.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• sukie
        Seriously?
        • Sep 2012

Originally posted by The King View Post
        "After careful thought and deep consideration I've decided that I need to step away from pursuing my return to the Browns and my football career to enter an in-patient rehabilitation facility," Gordon said in a statement released through the Browns on Thursday. "This is the right decision for me and one that I hope will enable me to gain full control of my life and continue on a path to reach my full potential as a person. I appreciate the support of the NFL, NFLPA, the Browns, my teammates, my agent and the community through this extremely challenging process."

Step away... he was one week from a return, he could've done this at anytime in the last 4 weeks but he didn't. He's not coming back. Not this year.
        This is likely coming because he was going to need to take a drug test... which he would've failed.
        Of course... post rehab... "I'm back, clean and ready to go!!!!! (just not for the Browns).

Comment

• sudzy
          • Apr 2013

Hue Jackson in his press conference "I am answering my last Josh Gordon question." Doesn't sound good for 2016.

Comment

• The Jokeman
            • Dec 2003

The NFL has suspended him indefinitely. I had a few years ago when he was tearing up the league in my keeper league and helped earn me a title. Shame he can't get his life together but maybe without football glamor he can.

Comment

• ticatfan
              The Meathead of Muslims!
              • Jul 2002

Clean up ,come to Canada.
              Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
              Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

• The King
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ticatfan View Post
                Clean up ,come to Canada.
                As if he has a choice.
                It was all

Comment

• Swiper
                  • Sep 2010

Report: NFL denies Josh Gordon’s reinstatement bid

Comment

• SpikedLemonade
                    • Jun 2024

Nope

Comment

Working...