Question: Who was the youngest Bills coach? Maybe they need to go get a younger HC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

Question: Who was the youngest Bills coach? Maybe they need to go get a younger HC.

I was wondering who was the youngest guy to have coach the Bills? The
    organization is always hiring retreads and dinosaurs to coach this team.
    Get going and bring in a younger guy with fresh ideas and knows how to put
    modern game plan together. Sometimes I swear this team operates like it's in
    1970's or 1980's. Sheesh! It's the 21st Century OBD, stop with the antiquated
    ways of running that franchise.
    Last edited by blackonyx89; 12-28-2012, 10:22 AM.
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • better days
    • Jan 2010

Re: Question: Who was the youngest Bills coach? Maybe they need to go get a younger H

Originally posted by blackonyx89 View Post
    modern gamplan together. Sometimes I swear this team operates like it's in
    Assistant Coaches are just as important as Head Coaches. Maybe moreso. A young guy just like in all aspects of life does not have the contacts of an older guy, therefore no young HC will be able to assemble a Coaching staff that's as good as an older HC.

Comment

• pmoon6
      Legendary Zoner
      • Dec 2002

Re: Question: Who was the youngest Bills coach? Maybe they need to go get a younger H

I don't know who the youngest was, but the best Bills' coaches were Lou Saban, Chuck Knox, Marv Levy and Wade Phillips. All former head coaches and "retreads".

Comment

• ServoBillieves
        The Voice of Reason
        • Jul 2007

Joe Collier was 34. You're welcome.
        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Gregg Williams and Mike Mularkey were both 43 when they came to the Bills.

Youth isn't necessarily the answer.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

Collier, followed by Kay Stevenson, I believe.

Neither had the support of management.

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

You just have to be careful. Josh Mcdaniels was one of the brightest upcoming young coaches. He crapped in Denver. IMO, his youth prevented him from gaining the respect from his players. Maybe he's learned from his mistakes
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• pmoon6
                Legendary Zoner
                • Dec 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                You just have to be careful. Josh Mcdaniels was one of the brightest upcoming young coaches. He crapped in Denver. IMO, his youth prevented him from gaining the respect from his players. Maybe he's learned from his mistakes
                McDaniels would have been fine if he didn't publically try to bring in Cassel when he already had Cutler.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                  The Voice of Reason
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                  Collier, followed by Kay Stevenson, I believe.

Neither had the support of management.
                  Yup, Kay was 39 I think. I know Ramsey was 40/41.

All being said, to answer the question, youth in head coaching isn't the problem.
                  Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• The Jokeman
                    • Dec 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
                    No he crapped out because he had faith that Tim Tebow was a better QB than Kyle Orton.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by pmoon6 View Post
                    McDaniels would have been fine if he didn't publically try to bring in Cassel when he already had Cutler.
                    You mean Orton.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by The Jokeman View Post
                      No he crapped out because he had faith that Tim Tebow was a better QB than Kyle Orton.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean Orton.
                      McDaniels was fired before Tebow got a chance to play for him. Tebow did prove he is better than Orton when he was finally given a chance.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
                        McDaniels was fired before Tebow got a chance to play for him. Tebow did prove he is better than Orton when he was finally given a chance.
                        That's debateable who was better. Personally I'd prefer Orton over Tebow if I'm making an NFL team. Though you are right in that Tebow's shot as last year under John Fox but McDaniels was the one who supposedly lobbied hard for the Broncos to trade up for Tebow initially.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

That's debateable who was better. Personally I'd prefer Orton over Tebow if I'm making an NFL team. Though you are right in that Tebow's shot as last year under John Fox but McDaniels was the one who supposedly lobbied hard for the Broncos to trade up for Tebow initially.
                          So you would prefer losing to winning. I guess you are the perfect Bills fan.

Comment

• pmoon6
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Dec 2002

- - - Updated - - -

You mean Orton.
                            No, I meant Cutler. When McDaniel when public with his desire for Cassel, the QB he coached in NE, Cutler got pissed and demanded a trade. That's where the Broncos got Orton. McDaniels made a PR mistake and Cutler acted like a baby.

Besides, it wasn't McDaniel who replaced Orton with Tebow, the interim coach, Eric Studesville started playing him after McDaniels was fired and the season was in the ****ter anyway.

John Fox was the one that benched Orton after they were like 1-4 with Tebow and the rest is history. Tebowmania swept the country.

Comment

• The Jokeman
                              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by better days View Post
                              So you would prefer losing to winning. I guess you are the perfect Bills fan.
                              Actually I'm an imperfect Bills fan because I can see when a player is playing bad and his team in winning inspite of him. I used the same arguements as to why we should dismiss Flutie initially but was told I was foolish etc. I also do have some forethought as often bring up ideas that aren't popular. See over drafting a LT almost every year we've needed one or suggesting we take Dez Bryant a few years ago in the draft. Yet I'm no expert because there are half a dozen or more guys I was wrong about both in the draft and in free agency.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍