Thread: One image sums up Sunday's game

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

One image sums up Sunday's game

Brought to you by Joe Goodberry you can follow him on twitter, does a good job and talks Bills even though he's a Bengals fan.

r600x600.jpg

3rd and 1, Texans have 7 men in the box against 5 blockers for the Bills. You can't run against those numbers but Fitz never checks out, or can't check out, who knows what the coaches allow him to do at the line, so the Bills get stuffed.

We didn't run in short yardage situations the rest of the day, Texans dared us to pass. Look how close the safeties are to the line of scrimmage, they are within 7 yards of the line of scrimmage, zero respect for the deepball/Fitz/receivers.

Sums up Gailey and this offense.

2. Post thanked by:

coastal (11-05-2012),IlluminatusUIUC (11-06-2012),Ingtar33 (11-07-2012),jimmifli (11-07-2012),Lone Stranger (11-07-2012),Oldbillsfan (11-07-2012),Pride (11-07-2012)

Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: One image sums up Sunday's game

The gameplanning SUCKS! EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE knows what routes our Wrs will run. SHORT Slants and curls. Thats it. At least throw deep a couple times a game and then you will see them back up and OPEN UP THE RUN GAME!! **** Im tired of this ****ing team and hiring PATHETIC coaches!!

4. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 30,449 Times in 17,361 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If you can't make a play over the top against that set, you need to hang it up.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

6. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Gailey's trying to dictate coverage with 4 WRs and Wade is basically telling him to get ****ed. Prove you can pass!

I really recommend going through Joe Goodberry's twitter, or checking out via.me and scrolling through the pics & captions

Start here.

http://via.me/-6oi6hli#!/-6ohcg0g

8. Post thanked by:

coastal (11-05-2012),jimmifli (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I love the 52 defense Wade uses in Texas. Wish we had a DC that wasn't using schemes two decades old.

10. Post thanked by:

djjimkelly (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Very frustrating to see images like this and knowing we cant adjust wither its the coaching or Fitz, Great players always adjust, even us eveyday ppl will adjust when we r playing madden 13!!! lol just so so sad that we have to all go thru this

The Voice of Reason ServoBillieves's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 607 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    I love the 52 defense Wade uses in Texas. Wish we had a DC that wasn't using schemes two decades old.
    He was our head coach and we ran him out of town for winning. Just a quick reminder. If you knew that, then it's really sad.
    Bye Bye Brady...

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kingJofNYC View Post
    Brought to you by Joe Goodberry you can follow him on twitter, does a good job and talks Bills even though he's a Bengals fan.

r600x600.jpg

3rd and 1, Texans have 7 men in the box against 5 blockers for the Bills. You can't run against those numbers but Fitz never checks out, or can't check out, who knows what the coaches allow him to do at the line, so the Bills get stuffed.

We didn't run in short yardage situations the rest of the day, Texans dared us to pass. Look how close the safeties are to the line of scrimmage, they are within 7 yards of the line of scrimmage, zero respect for the deepball/Fitz/receivers.

Before I opened this thread, I predicted it was going to be a picture of Schaub standing all alone while 9 Bills defenders chase Foster and the play action.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

14. Post thanked by:

gebobs (11-08-2012)

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ServoBillieves View Post
    He was our head coach and we ran him out of town for winning. Just a quick reminder. If you knew that, then it's really sad.
    the Offseason we had between 2000 and 2001 was the single worst one in Franchise History.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kingJofNYC View Post
    Texans dared us to pass. Look how close the safeties are to the line of scrimmage, they are within 7 yards of the line of scrimmage, zero respect for the deepball/Fitz/receivers.

thats because they know our QB cabnt throw the ball that far
    RIP Tommy D!
    12/25/1978-9/9/2008

If you make something "Idiot-proof", they'll only make better idiots!

Pinkerton's son Pinkerton Security's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    If you can't make a play over the top against that set, you need to hang it up.
    To hell with over the top, run a quick out or slant, depending on what the D gives you, and you'll prolly get 10-15 easy yards. Apparently that is too crazy to grasp for the supposed offensive genius Gailey and the actual genius Fitz.

I was terrified that on this play when they set up that we'd run it, and thats exactly what they did. If Fitz can't see that and check out, idk what to say.
    Last edited by Pinkerton Security; 11-07-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What makes it worse is they didn't even bother to bring in a extra CB against a 4 receiver set and they basically played that way the whole game, never having any fear or respect of the passing game.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ServoBillieves View Post
    Not sure what your point is, especially the last comment, but I'm more than well aware that Phillips was a DC and then HC here.

My point is Wade is an honest-to-the-football-gods defensive coordinator, and the 52 he runs in Houston sure as hell isn't the same defense he was running 15 years ago. Also, he didn't get run out of town for winning.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pinkdogg32 View Post
    To hell with over the top, run a quick out or slant, depending on what the D gives you, and you'll prolly get 10-15 easy yards. Apparently that is too crazy to grasp for the supposed offensive genius Gailey and the actual genius Fitz.

I was terrified that on this play when they set up that we'd run it, and thats exactly what they did. If Fitz can't see that and check out, idk what to say.
    The quick out is there for the slot receivers, the slant isn't for anybody. That defense is just begging the outside receivers to stutter past the corners down the sideline. Any receiver in the league should be able to beat that coverage downfield, and any QB should be able to make the throw.

21. Post thanked by:

Lone Stranger (11-07-2012),Pinkerton Security (11-08-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,328 Times in 2,068 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bill Belichick ran a version of that against the rams in 2001... in the superbowl.

As to that picture. Just throw a freaking screen to the inside WR. if he can't fall forward for 2 yards you need to get him off the football field. I mean that's a straight man defense the texans are running with zero safety overtop.

And yes... without motion or seeing the game or what will happen with the play I can tell the defensive set just looking at a picture. I only feel the need to say that because around these forums this year some strange thinking has settled in that "you can't tell what defense the defense is in" when talking about schemes and player failings about this bills abortion of a defense. To which i reply, if a QB in the NFL can't generally tell what defense the defense is in prior to the snap he has no business being under center. So that thought process is bunk.

The Texans have 7 men at the line, crowding it, in a clear blitz (5 man rush in this case, which qualifies as a blitz), it's straight man on the WR, no safety over-top, one of the LB is in man on the RB, and will follow him into the hole, covering the inside/outside of the run depending on which side the RB goes to (either to close of a cutback or force one depending), the other LB is likely in a read defense, and will either be playing a middle zone or run defense... the 5 men on the line will all pass-rush, likely collapsing inside, probably zero stunts, and no real up-field edge rush, other then to hold the edge against an outside run or bootleg. probably they'll mostly stand up to clog the passing lane on a possible quick slant, rather then rush the passer... the inside 3 will push inside.

That's a pretty easy defense to read, (and anyone who's seen the game feel free to correct me on how it played out past this point) and as a QB, your obvious move would be to audible to a screen pass on the inside WR (probably a spot audible, were everyone else runs the play you called, except the WR and QB), or even audible to a quick out with the target being the slot WR... (that would require the outside WR to run a slant or post, to clear the area, the Safety is too far off the ball to make a play on even a bad pass... 2 yards should be easy to pick up against that defense.
    Last edited by Ingtar33; 11-07-2012 at 11:09 PM.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

23. Post thanked by:

gebobs (11-08-2012),IlluminatusUIUC (11-08-2012),Patti120 (11-08-2012),psubills62 (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,481 Times in 1,479 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ingtar33 View Post
    Bill Belichick ran a version of that against the rams in 2001... in the superbowl.

As to that picture. Just throw a freaking screen to the inside WR. if he can't fall forward for 2 yards you need to get him off the football field. I mean that's a straight man defense the texans are running with zero safety overtop.

And yes... without motion or seeing the game or what will happen with the play I can tell the defensive set just looking at a picture. I only feel the need to say that because around these forums this year some strange thinking has settled in that "you can't tell what defense the defense is in" when talking about schemes and player failings about this bills abortion of a defense. To which i reply, if a QB in the NFL can't generally tell what defense the defense is in prior to the snap he has no business being under center. So that thought process is bunk.

The Texans have 7 men at the line, crowding it, in a clear blitz (5 man rush in this case, which qualifies as a blitz), it's straight man on the WR, no safety over-top, one of the LB is in man on the RB, and will follow him into the hole, covering the inside/outside of the run depending on which side the RB goes to (either to close of a cutback or force one depending), the other LB is likely in a read defense, and will either be playing a middle zone or run defense... the 5 men on the line will all pass-rush, likely collapsing inside, probably zero stunts, and no real up-field edge rush, other then to hold the edge against an outside run or bootleg. probably they'll mostly stand up to clog the passing lane on a possible quick slant, rather then rush the passer... the inside 3 will push inside.

That's a pretty easy defense to read, (and anyone who's seen the game feel free to correct me on how it played out past this point) and as a QB, your obvious move would be to audible to a screen pass on the inside WR (probably a spot audible, were everyone else runs the play you called, except the WR and QB), or even audible to a quick out with the target being the slot WR... (that would require the outside WR to run a slant or post, to clear the area, the Safety is too far off the ball to make a play on even a bad pass... 2 yards should be easy to pick up against that defense.
    What he said. Says it all and an honor to read.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There were certainly other options, but in defense of that play (I just watched it), Urbik totally missed his block, which is the reason the play was blown up.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

My favorite play was when they had Fred split out wide, the Texans put a DL on him and Fitz never even looked that way.