• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Just talked with a source about Gailey's future and QB in draft

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY! View Post
    We could have kept him for that magic continuity of mediocrity you want us to have.
    And we didn't... A data point we never collected.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
      And we didn't... A data point we never collected.
      We didn't for a reason. Just like we didn't with Jauron. Just like we shouldn't with this guy who's worse than Gregg and Jauron.

None are good enough.

Comment

• X-Era
        • Feb 2005

We didn't for a reason. Just like we didn't with Jauron. Just like we shouldn't with this guy who's worse than Gregg and Jauron.

None are good enough.
        And if Gailey becomes the first HC to even get us to 8 and 8 or better since 2004? You say none were good enough yet none have had that 4th year either.
        Last edited by X-Era; 12-02-2012, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

And if Gailey becomes the first HC to even get us to 8 and 8 or better since 2004? Or even the only HC since Levy and the one 2004 year with Mularkey to take us to 9 and 7?
          If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

9-7 ain't happening. 8-8 likely isn't either.

So that's great, Gailey inherits Jaurons' perennial 7-9 squads and takes 3 years to get them back to 7-9 and this is some kind of awesomeness that should keep him around longer! Not too mention his coaching staff choices, his play calling, his gameplans and his in game adjustments that are all terrible.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            • May 2009

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
            For those advocating the Bills keeping Gailey and Fitz, the stadium has 40,000-50,000 empty seats today. Ticket sales will plummet in 2013 if obvious changes aren't made.

The Bills will beat the 2 win Jags... but can't beat anyone good and will finish below .500 again.

This act has been played for 13 years and the locals who buy tickets obviously aren't buying this dreck anymore. They want a winner and could care less how satisfied the Bills are with the bottom line.
            No, more like 20,000. Huge difference.

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

9-7 ain't happening. 8-8 likely isn't either.

So that's great, Gailey inherits Jaurons' perennial 7-9 squads and takes 3 years to get them back to 7-9 and this is some kind of awesomeness that should keep him around longer! Not too mention his coaching staff choices, his play calling, his gameplans and his in game adjustments that are all terrible.
              Aint's are worth taints too...

If we reach 8 and 8 or 9 and 7? Gailey is not on the cusp of the playoffs? He has not accomplished something that few others since Levy have? We are not showing an upward trend? And at 9 and 7 we do not have a winning season?

Still flat out can the guy if we get to 8 and 8 or 9 and 7?

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                • May 2009

And if Gailey becomes the first HC to even get us to 8 and 8 or better since 2004? You say none were good enough yet none have had that 4th year either.
                You are ****ing dreaming. Keep on drinking the gailey-aid.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Aint's are worth taints too...

If we reach 8 and 8 or 9 and 7? Gailey is not on the cusp of the playoffs? He has not accomplished something that few others since Levy have? We are not showing an upward trend? And at 9 and 7 we do not have a winning season?

Still flat out can the guy if we get to 8 and 8 or 9 and 7?
                  Alright we'll play the he'll get us to 8-8 game for talking purposes.

You know what schedule we draw for next season since I outlined it in a different thread.

What do you do with him when the team regresses to 6-10 with that schedule or worse?

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

Alright we'll play the he'll get us to 8-8 game for talking purposes.

You know what schedule we draw for next season since I outlined it in a different thread.

What do you do with him when the team regresses to 6-10 with that schedule or worse?
                    Absolutely fired. My premise is that the team is not that far away from being a legit playoff team regardless of things like schedule. If he can't do it with the changes I proposing he deserves to be canned.

I realize I'm harping on it but a real upgrade at ILB and OLB should make this defense solid. I want Wanny fired and someone brought in who understands how to cover the flats and seems and can find the right LB'ers to do so.
                    Last edited by X-Era; 12-02-2012, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

Absolutely fired. My premise is that the team is not that far away from being a legit playoff team regardless of things like schedule. If he can't do it with the changes I proposing he deserves to be canned.
                      And I say with the schedule we'll play next season, the gap between us and the AFC North and the NFC South is so large that 1 offseason won't be enough to overcome it. We're better than Cleveland and better than Carolina. Tampa Bay is a tossup game that goes either way. The rest of those teams are vastly superior than us on the field and on the sidelines and they all have top notch to franchise QBs. You go 2-6 or 3-5 in those matchups, combine the fact the Patriots own us and you're already looking at we have to win at minimum 5 of the other 6 games just to get to .500. We all know .500 isn't good enough to make the playoffs.

You think this team is close enough to beat Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Cincy, New Orleans or Atlanta? All 5 of those teams have offenses good enough to lay 30+ on us. 3 of those 5 teams have good enough defenses to hold us to 10 or less. Yes, I know, on any given Sunday you can win. But you can't win on every Sunday.

To improve or even stay the same on the hypothetical 8-8...you'd HAVE to beat Cleveland, Tampa, Carolina, Miami or NYJ twice ie go 3-3 in division with no exceptions, you couldn't drop any of those games, period. Then have to steal 2 games vs Bal, Pit, Cin, NO, ATL, NE.

So what's the point in keeping Gailey around outside of wasting another season?

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

And I say with the schedule we'll play next season, the gap between us and the AFC North and the NFC South is so large that 1 offseason won't be enough to overcome it. We're better than Cleveland and better than Carolina. Tampa Bay is a tossup game that goes either way. The rest of those teams are vastly superior than us on the field and on the sidelines and they all have top notch to franchise QBs. You go 2-6 or 3-5 in those matchups, combine the fact the Patriots own us and you're already looking at we have to win at minimum 5 of the other 6 games just to get to .500. We all know .500 isn't good enough to make the playoffs.

You think this team is close enough to beat Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Cincy, New Orleans or Atlanta? All 5 of those teams have offenses good enough to lay 30+ on us. 3 of those 5 teams have good enough defenses to hold us to 10 or less. Yes, I know, on any given Sunday you can win. But you can't win on every Sunday.

To improve or even stay the same on the hypothetical 8-8...you'd HAVE to beat Cleveland, Tampa, Carolina, Miami or NYJ twice ie go 3-3 in division with no exceptions, you couldn't drop any of those games, period. Then have to steal 2 games vs Bal, Pit, Cin, NO, ATL, NE.

So what's the point in keeping Gailey around outside of wasting another season?
                        With a legit LB'er corp, improved Gilmore, Byrd back, DL healthy, and at least decent play from #2 CB, SS we can beat Cin and split with NE. We almost beat NE this year. NO looks very beatable this year. Cle, TB, Car are beatable, and Mia and the Jets may be beatable both times.

Again, If we can split with NE why can't we beat almost any of the teams you listed?

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                          • May 2009

I realize I'm harping on it but a real upgrade at ILB and OLB should make this defense solid. I want Wanny fired and someone brought in who understands how to cover the flats and seems and can find the right LB'ers to do so.
                          You don't get it. You want your buddy Gailey to stay? Wannstedt will be staying with him.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
                            • Sep 2009

How can anyone want Gailey here after this debacle of a season?

His mishandling of Spiller alone should get him the boot.

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

I agree with you on this for the most part, X, but unfortunately for us if Gailey stays one more then Wanny will be here also, especially considering how the defense has started to play the last few weeks.

Both will use the same excuses we are..."But if we can only get a LBer and a QB, we'd make the playoffs for sure next season..."
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                                Peterman Sucks!
                                • Mar 2006

With a legit LB'er corp, improved Gilmore, Byrd back, DL healthy, and at least decent play from #2 CB, SS we can beat Cin and split with NE. We almost beat NE this year. NO looks very beatable this year. Cle, TB, Car are beatable, and Mia and the Jets may be beatable both times.

Again, If we can split with NE why can't we beat almost any of the teams you listed?
                                We'd have to score 40 to beat NO...and they've been beatable because they have no real HC this year thanks to Bounty Gate.

We're what 1-19 in our last 20 vs NE? Beatable and actually getting the job done are two different things...meanwhile NE isn't getting worse.

Division games are always tough for middling teams, which is what we are so sweeping 2 teams in your division that are about your equal isn't realistic. Remember we got lambasted by the Jets in week 1.

I'll agree on Cincy being 1 of those games we could steal...but we still have to steal another just to stay .500. And honestly .500 vs the schedule we draw next year is much more impressive than a .500 we'd get this year. Hell 7-9 vs that schedule is more impressive than 8-8 vs this one but it is regression on the standings sheet and if you're going 4 years with a guy and you regress in the only column that matters, you're going the wrong way.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍