• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mike
    • Jan 2009

Re: "At least one more year"

Originally posted by YardRat View Post
    I'm OK with it...IMO we're only three personnel moves away from getting close...a MLB, a QB and a DC that's not a complete dumbass.
    Getting close to what? .500

Unless the Bills get the next P. Willis and Tom Brady, they WONT be contenders. Even with a Franchise QB and an all star lineup -ala the Colts- they will still need a Top Coach in order to win the Big One otherwise they will turn into the Chargers -tons of talent that goes nowhere. In any case, Chan wont cut it, weather the Bills have a bunch or ****ty players or a bunch of All-Stars, you still need a top caliber coach to win the big one.
    Please Make Sense

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post
      Really? My local channel must have been wrong with all of them blackouts every season. The news media must have also been wrong about not the Miami game still not being sold out as of a couple weeks ago.

If we're having trouble selling out the Miami game then just wait until we're 4-7. Our last 4 home games will probably be blacked out. At least 3 of them. We sure do a great job at selling out our games though lol
      Yes we do.

6 blackouts in the past two years and none this year so far.

Comment

• BillsFever21
        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
        He is? Then why was he a proven winner everywhere (except Samford 5-6) before here? Please do your homework.
        A proven winner everywhere else? Damn you really are blind with them rose colored glasses on. They really have you drinking the Kool-Aid. You probably thought many of are other coaches were good at one point or another too. Lets go back though his coaching career in Division 1 NCAA and professional football. Maybe you should do your homework.

Head Coaching Record with Birmingham Fire of the World League

He went 12-9-1 in two seasons as a HC in the World League. Very tough league so I can see the average record there.

NFL Head Coaching Career Record

Total record of 31-40 as a HC in the NFL. Fired after 2 seasons as a HC in Dallas. Went on to be an OC for two more years before heading to the NCAA because nobody else wanted him as a HC.

NCAA Head Coaching Career Record at Georgia Tech

In six years as HC at Georgia Tech he had a great and successful career record of 44-32. In only one of the six seasons did he win more then 7 games at Georgia Tech. In four of the years he had 5 losses and the other two years he had 6 losses. He was also only 2-3 in Bowl Games and never had a team ranked in the Top 25. He also had one poor season with Samford. Who the hell is Samford? LOL

After getting fired at Georgia Tech for poor performance he went back to the NFL where he spent one year as OC of the Kansas City Chiefs. In his one season with the Chiefs his offense was ranked 24th in yards and 26th in points. He was subsequently fired again after lasting only one year as an OC in his return to the NFL.

He didn't have a job for the 2009 season and then finally after 12 years later the only team who would think about hiring him as a HC was the Bills. Since taking over for the Bills his record in Buffalo is 13-26. He has only lost twice as many games as he has won in Buffalo but that's not too bad.

Conclusion

Maybe you should do your homework. Either that or just block out his history from the homework already provided to you. That is unless you consider 1 winning season out of 5 as a HC in the NFL a success and a career losing record along with losing twice as many games in Buffalo then he has won to this point.

Or maybe you consider 5 and 6 loss seasons and never finishing with a ranked team in the NCAA with Georgia Tech a success. Last time I checked 5 or 6 losses is good in the NFL but not the NCAA.

There is a reason why nobody would even consider him as a HC in the NFL for 10 years until Buffalo came calling. Even while he was commanding all of them great unranked teams with 5 and 6 losses at Georgia Tech there still wasn't anybody in the NFL who wanted him. How many coaching changes were made in 6 seasons while he was there? At least around 25 give or take and nobody wanted him.

If this is what you consider a proven winner everywhere else as a HC then you have very low standards and everyone should disregard any glowing statements you make to defend his illustrious head coaching career. Now if you wish you can go do some more homework into the great head coaching career of Chan Gailey. A sure fire 1st ballot Hall of Fame coach.

Comment

• Typ0
          honey pie
          • Jul 2002

These guys are bums. Chan has been losing us games. Coaches don't belong losing games it's hard enough on the players. That people defend them is really entertaining.

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

Yes we do.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...a-7be979bcd88f
            Damn you accept mediocrity pretty damn good. Not only do you accept it you claim it as being successful. These have to be the worse attempts I've seen in a while.

Only six blackouts in the past two years? You consider selling out just over half of our games a success? Yeah that's not very bad at all. We're doing a great job of packing the stadium "almost every game"

As far as this year goes I would sure hope we would sell out the three games that we've had at home so far this season with a great 1-2 record in them games. We will have at least 3 more blackouts this year too if not 4 of them.

You should really quit commenting on this subject. You are making yourself look worse with every post you make trying to defend this junk product on the field. Whether it's our great success of selling out games or Chan Gailey being a proven winner everywhere he has been it hasn't been a good night for your facts.
            Last edited by BillsFever21; 11-03-2012, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• BillsFever21
              • Aug 2004

Tell you what. If the Miami game doesn't end up being sold out I'll give you 5K ZB's.
              If they don't sell out out the 4th home game of the season which is the first time we have had a home game aired on national television in years that will really be pathetic. I'm almost willing to bet that game sells out unless we get totally killed the next two weeks. Really going out on a limb with this prediction.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

Originally posted by djjimkelly View Post
                i like gailey hes been getting a fitz led O to score 25 + alot

if he had a real qb and a d watch out

i like chan! i dont agree with his calls 100% of the time but there is no coach in the world i agree with 100%

chan isnt the issue he needs a d coordinator to pair up with
                Chan is the one who picked his DC so yeah he created the issue he is currently in. That is part of being a HC. The HC's job is also to oversee the entire "team" and not just the offense or his specialty and then have somebody else on their own in charge of the defense or other unit.

What you just said is a perfect example of why he shouldn't be anything more then an OC and why 30 other NFL teams have thought the same thing after he was fired with the Cowboys and never gave him a HC job.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  • May 2009

Yes we do.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...a-7be979bcd88f
                  Really? You consider that selling out almost every game? There's only 7 games a year here. It's ****ing pathetic that the games don't sell out. The reason why is because the team always sucks and it's not getting better anytime soon.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
                    Really? You consider that selling out almost every game? There's only 7 games a year here. It's ****ing pathetic that the games don't sell out. The reason why is because the team always sucks and it's not getting better anytime soon.
                    You mean selling out 4 of the 7 games at home isn't very good? Damn I thought that was considered a great job at putting fans in the seats. I would've thought it was at least Top 10 in the NFL when it comes to packing the stadium full. If it wasn't for the one game in Toronto then we would only be selling out half of our home games. Yeah we're doing a great job. This guy is losing all credibility with his defense of Gailey, Fitzpatrick, Nix and current state of this sad franchise.

This guy really amazes me. He is on a renegade parade trying to defend a 30 year old QB who has never had a winning season in the NFL and a 60 year old HC who has only had 1 winning season out of 5 in the NFL.

Gailey is one of the oldest HC's in the NFL and may be the oldest and yet he only has one winning season in his career. He is a "proven winner" to X-Era though. He may be the only one who considers him that.

Gailey isn't a young coach and Fitzpatrick isn't a young QB. If they haven't gotten it by now and had some successful seasons then they never will. Most coaches aren't even still coaching in their 60's but X and Buddy Nix thinks that the bulb is finally going to turn on and he will be a successful coach for many years to come.
                    Last edited by BillsFever21; 11-03-2012, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

You mean selling out 4 of the 7 games at home isn't very good? Damn I thought that was considered a great job at putting fans in the seats. I would've thought it was at least Top 10 in the NFL when it comes to packing the stadium full. If it wasn't for the one game in Toronto then we would only be selling out half of our home games. Yeah we're doing a great job. This guy is losing all credibility with his defense of Gailey, Fitzpatrick, Nix and current state of this sad franchise.

This guy really amazes me. He is on a renegade parade trying to defend a 30 year old QB who has never had a winning season in the NFL and a 60 year old HC who has only had 1 winning season out of 5 in the NFL.

Gailey is one of the oldest HC's in the NFL and may be the oldest and yet he only has one winning season in his career. He is a "proven winner" to X-Era though. He may be the only one who considers him that.

Gailey isn't a young coach and Fitzpatrick isn't a young QB. If they haven't gotten it by now and had some successful seasons then they never will. Most coaches aren't even still coaching in their 60's but X and Buddy Nix thinks that the bulb is finally going to turn on and he will be a successful coach for many years to come.
                      Again, please do your homework. Nice try. Two NFL seasons as a HC before us. One was a winning seasons, one was a .500 season, both were playoff teams. Two seasons with Dallas, both playoff seasons... that's just the NFL and doesn't count his record with Georgia Tech. Not proven loser. That's just the facts.

And, defending a 30 year old QB? Please re-read. Theres a huge difference between saying were not being fair to Fitz and saying Fitz is all we need.
                      Last edited by X-Era; 11-03-2012, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                        • Aug 2004

Again, please do your homework.

Two seasons with Dallas, both playoff seasons... that's just the NFL and doesn't count his record with Georgia Tech.

And, defending a 30 year old QB? Please re-read.
                        LOL. This truly is a sad attempt man. Break out the sniffing salt and wake up to reality.

One of them playoff seasons was with an 8-8 record and he lost both playoff games. He did such a great job that he was fired and wasn't offered another HC job.

And you seriously consider six years with 5 and 6 loss seasons without ever finishing in the Top 25 in rankings at the NCAA level a success? You seriously have to be kidding me. The sad thing is you're not.

I already knew the answers and didn't need to do the homework. It's the truth in the homework that you can't handle. I have yet to hear anybody consider getting fired from a bunch of 7-5 and 7-6 seasons at the collegiate level a success.

I always thought that 0-2 losses was a good season. Maybe even 3 losses but not 5 and 6 losses a season. I may be wrong though. Maybe every team does go into the season saying hopefully we only lose 5 or 6 games and not finish in the rankings this season.

This guy couldn't out coach at least 25 other coaches in COLLEGE in any season over a 6 year span but he is a proven success. You seriously need some help man. Either that or learn to accept the truth.
                        Last edited by BillsFever21; 11-03-2012, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

LOL. This truly is a sad attempt man. Break out the sniffing salt and wake up to reality.

One of them playoff seasons was with an 8-8 record and he lost both playoff games. He did such a great job that he was fired and wasn't offered another HC job.

And you seriously consider six years with 5 and 6 loss seasons without ever finishing in the Top 25 in rankings at the NCAA level a success? You seriously have to be kidding me. The sad thing is you're not.

I already knew the answers and didn't need to do the homework. It's the truth in the homework that you can't handle. I have yet to hear anybody consider getting fired from a bunch of 7-5 and 7-6 seasons at the collegiate level a success.

I always thought that 0-2 losses was a good season. Maybe even 3 losses but not 5 and 6 losses a season. I may be wrong though. Maybe every team does go into the season saying hopefully we only lose 5 or 6 games and not finish in the rankings this season.

This guy couldn't out coach at least 25 other coaches in COLLEGE over a 6 year span but he is a proven success. You seriously need some help man. Either that or learn to accept the truth.
                          Losing is losing. Just that simple. If you want to hate the guy so be it. But the data is what it is. Outside of Samford, he's been a winner until he came to us. You try to paint him as a guy who hasn't done anything but that's just not true.

Out of our possible hires, he was a decent get IMO.

Regardless, if you can guarantee me that the next coach can turn this team into a playoff squad in less than 4 years I'd take it... But you can't and our history shows we fail when trying to do that.
                          Last edited by X-Era; 11-03-2012, 08:39 PM.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                            • Aug 2004

Losing is losing. Just that simple. If you want to hate the guy so be it. But the data is what it is. Outside of Samford, he's been a winner until he came to us. You try to paint him as a guy who hasn't done anything but that's just not true.

Out of our possible hires, he was a decent get IMO.

Regardless, if you can guarantee me that the next coach can turn this team into a playoff squad in less than 4 years I'd take it... But you can't and our history shows we fail when trying to do that.
                            I guess if consider someone who has been fired 3 times in his career with one winning season and never winning a playoff game in the NFL and losing 5-6 games a year in college a success then you're entitled to your opinion. There isn't many other people out there who would think the same thing.

Sorry to burst your bubble but 5-6 losses a season isn't considered good in college football. That is considered a poor team that will sneak into one of the weakest Bowl games since half of the teams get a game since there is so many of them. You would think a great HC would eat them college guys alive in the ACC. I guess it wasn't his fault there either. He just needed better players. Wait you bring in your own players in college so he did pick his players.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                              • Aug 2004

Again, please do your homework. Nice try. Two NFL seasons as a HC before us. One was a winning seasons, one was a .500 season, both were playoff teams. Two seasons with Dallas, both playoff seasons... that's just the NFL and doesn't count his record with Georgia Tech. Not proven loser. That's just the facts.

And, defending a 30 year old QB? Please re-read. Theres a huge difference between saying were not being fair to Fitz and saying Fitz is all we need.
                              I think most people would agree that isn't a proven success. You even consider 8-8 a success and losing both playoff games and then getting fired. Talk about low expectations. Even with Aikman, Smith and Irvin. It must have been the horrible three HOF players he had.

And if you really consider 5-6 losses a season and going 2-3 in Bowl games a success at the college level then you seriously are blind and lack any credibility. That kind of record in the NCAA will get you fired which is why he was.

But hey we have a coach who had one winning season in the NFL and has been fired 3 times along with bad seasons by NCAA standards. You won't find very many of them. Oh wait there are tons of coaches that had one winning season in the NFL and a career losing record. I think even Wanny did. Maybe he should be a HC too. Even he had more success then Gailey.
                              Last edited by BillsFever21; 11-03-2012, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• X-Era
                                • Feb 2005

I think most people would agree that isn't a proven success. You even consider 8-8 a success and losing both playoff games and then getting fired. Talk about low expectations. Even with Aikman, Smith and Irvin. It must have been the horrible three HOF players he had.

And if you really consider 5-6 losses a season and going 2-3 in Bowl games a success at the college level then you seriously are blind and lack any credibility. That kind of record in the NCAA will get you fired which is why he was.

But hey we have a coach who had one winning season in the NFL and has been fired 3 times along with bad seasons by NCAA standards. You won't find very many of them. Oh wait there are tons of coaches that had one winning season in the NFL and a career losing record. I think even Wanny did. Maybe he should be a HC too. Even he had more success then Gailey.
                                Lol. I must have missed when we turned down the proven SB winning stud HC to take Gailey.

Your definition of loser would eliminate pretty much anyone we could actually hire... you do realize that right?

Gailey is far from a loser. His record at all levels proves he can win. Is he the right HC for us? Who knows. I think he's got what it takes to be what we need. I'd rather invest in a few more positions and see where that takes us than blow it all up and spend the next 3 years rebuilding to get to the same point. That's just me.

As I said, if you have something against the guy, so be it. Personally I can't stand Bill Belichump. No, I would never want him coaching our team. Is that logical? Probably not.

I'm not a Gailey homer, but I like his style and think he is just fine as a HC and can be a playoff caliber HC... he's already shown that. And considering who were likely to get if we can him, I'd rather just stick with who we have.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍