• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    • Jun 2003

Re: Keep Gailey

Originally posted by Mahdi View Post
    That is the thing the Bills FO needs to find out. Who is going to QB this team.

We have had a bunch of coaches here and none have panned out BUT we also had no QB in that same time span.

I really don't see a point in bringing in the next Joe Blow who will blow everything up and restart. We all know we're not getting Gruden or Cowher so do you really want to start from scratch with another unknown coach?

I'd rather let Gailey work it out, get more talent in here and improve further on our positives.
    Dude I know you're a smart guy but come on. We won 5 games this year. Gailey didn't even win 1/3 of the games he coached in Buffalo. What is there to continue to work on. We actually regressed as a team this year. He and his friend Fitz need to go.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

I'd rather let Gailey work it out, get more talent in here and improve further on our positives.
      If he cant make the team competitive AS IS, Gailey will need an ALL PRO team to get us deep into the playoffs. Even then , that wouldn't guarantee he can win a superbowl. The guy hardly even knows what a play action is.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
        If he cant make the team competitive AS IS, Gailey will need an ALL PRO team to get us deep into the playoffs. Even then , that wouldn't guarantee he can win a superbowl. The guy hardly even knows what a play action is.
        I don't agree.

If Gailey had Andy Dalton and a legit #2 on offense plus an impact LB and a veteran CB opposite Gilmore this is a playoff team. I'll take a playoff team for now and then worry about making the SB later.

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Absolutely not. Gailey has done nothing to change this team for the positive and refuses to even use our best player. Fire him and move on.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• jamze132
            • Jun 2003

I don't agree.

If Gailey had Andy Dalton and a legit #2 on offense plus an impact LB and a veteran CB opposite Gilmore this is a playoff team. I'll take a playoff team for now and then worry about making the SB later.
            No way Just adding Dalton gets us 4-5 more wins necessary. Gailey was out coached by just about everyone this year. Did you see the one where they did a QB sneak on 1st down? Gailey often out coaches himself, and I'm not trying to be a funny guy. Today's NFL is too much for Gailey as a HC.

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
              Dude I know you're a smart guy but come on. We won 5 games this year. Gailey didn't even win 1/3 of the games he coached in Buffalo. What is there to continue to work on. We actually regressed as a team this year. He and his friend Fitz need to go.
              Its a QB league and we don't have one, we don't have one on defense either. Gailey and Wanny step into every game with a huge disadvantage before the game even starts because the key guys on either side of the ball are just lesser than their counterparts.

Fitz fooled us all. Gailey included. While Gailey has a big share in that blame I think if he was more fortunate and had one of the young QBs in the league we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by jamze132 View Post
                No way Just adding Dalton gets us 4-5 more wins necessary. Gailey was out coached by just about everyone this year. Did you see the one where they did a QB sneak on 1st down? Gailey often out coaches himself, and I'm not trying to be a funny guy. Today's NFL is too much for Gailey as a HC.
                The QB sneak on first down was Fitz not Gailey. Fitz did it to avoid a delay of game.

Comment

• EDS
                  • Jan 2003

I don't agree.

Interesting, because Marvin Lewis has Andy Dalton and no number 2 wide receiver and can make the playoffs.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Its a QB league and we don't have one, we don't have one on defense either. Gailey and Wanny step into every game with a huge disadvantage before the game even starts because the key guys on either side of the ball are just lesser than their counterparts.

Fitz fooled us all. Gailey included. While Gailey has a big share in that blame I think if he was more fortunate and had one of the young QBs in the league we wouldn't be having this discussion.
                    No he didn't. Many people said the extension was not a smart decision. Maybe you were fooled, and Gailey certainly was, but don't attempt to say that Fitz had us all fooled because that's not even close to true.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by EDS View Post
                    Interesting, because Marvin Lewis has Andy Dalton and no number 2 wide receiver and can make the playoffs.
                    Combination of Gresham, Hawkins, Sanu, and Binns though makes up for lack of true #2.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

The QB sneak on first down was Fitz not Gailey. Fitz did it to avoid a delay of game.
                      As for Dalton, he turned the Bengals around so why not us? I suppose their HC is that good? He has been on the hot seat for 5 years. They stuck with him, they got a QB and now they are challenging in a very tough division.

Comment

• Ed
                        • Sep 2002

I wouldn't mind keeping Gailey as OC since I agree that he's done a lot of good things on offense despite not having a lot of talent to work with, but that's not realistic. It would have been exciting to see what this offense could do under Gailey with a legit QB and another decent WR.

I can't justify keeping a guy that now has double digit losses in all three years he's been here though. Not only does this team lose a lot, but they lose in record breaking blowout fashion. It's embarrassing.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

I don't agree.

You just pointed out the other problem. Dalton would have been sitting on the bench "learning his system" since he thinks his system is too complicated for anyone to learn.He insists on Fitz which in turn turned us a few years back.

Andrew Luck wouldn't have his numbers since Gailey likes to ease in players. The game has evolved and Gailey needs to know that the qb's from college are different from the his old school mentality.

In Fitz's 3rd year under Gailey, his nos. are not a whole lot better to Tavaris' nos. playing with the seahawks in his 1st year.
                          sacrifice1

Comment

• Mahdi
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by EDS View Post
                            Right but they also have AJ Green who is maybe the best WR in the AFC. Plus Gresham who is coming on strong.

Also, if we still had Nelson and a healthy Jones we would be doing way better on offense. The loss of Nelson was massive. He was our 3rd down guy and defenses would have had to choose between Nelson and Chandler inside.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

I guarantee you, had we drafted Rusell Wilson, he'd be on the bench.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

• kishoph
                                • Jun 2003

Three seasons in a row with double digit losses, no other Bills coach in history has done that, 1 win against a team with a winning record in 3 years. I really don't need to say more and there is much more that can be said about the futility of this team under Gailey.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍