Levi down to roch
    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
      • Aug 2012

Re: Sabres news and notes

Originally posted by ckg927 View Post
      Here's two reasons WHY GMKA might have stayed away from signing Kane:

1. Zach Benson and how well he's fit into the offense.
      2. Jack Quinn, though still not close to getting back into the lineup, IS skating again.
      From what I read, Kane was trending towards teams performing better. Buffalo is... Mediocre. 2. To compensate, Kane may have only accepted a two year deal from Buffalo. Which is bad bad bad.

At any rate, Kane is a declining player who is a black hole at even strength.
      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• ckg927
        Not quite Best in the World....
        • Aug 2012

Per The Score(and no doubt, other outlets), Devon Levi has been sent down to Rochester.

IMO, the best possible move for him. Give him his reps away from the NHL spotlight, let him be the #1 for the Amerks for however long it is...and when he's ready, come be the #1 for Buffalo.
        "We've got a lot to cover. The good news is...I've got the time and I ain't going anywhere." -CM Punk, AEW Rampage, 8/20/21

"I see things in black and white and I have a zero tolerance policy for ****ty people." -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 1/6/21

Comment

• ckg927
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by JATMtheJATM View Post
          From what I read, Kane was trending towards teams performing better. Buffalo is... Mediocre. 2. To compensate, Kane may have only accepted a two year deal from Buffalo. Which is bad bad bad.

At any rate, Kane is a declining player who is a black hole at even strength.

Not to mention there have been at least 4 other players who have had hip resurfacing surgery. Let's just say the results have been....not so good.
          "We've got a lot to cover. The good news is...I've got the time and I ain't going anywhere." -CM Punk, AEW Rampage, 8/20/21

"I see things in black and white and I have a zero tolerance policy for ****ty people." -Jon Moxley, AEW Dynamite, 1/6/21

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
            • Aug 2012

Originally posted by ckg927 View Post
            Not to mention there have been at least 4 other players who have had hip resurfacing surgery. Let's just say the results have been....not so good.
            My red wing friends are thrilled, but I think they think they're getting prime Kane. Not this shell of his former self Kane.
            Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• DetoxTent
              • Sep 2023

Levi down to roch
              It was time for this move. Best move for all 3 goaltenders.

Comment

• DetoxTent
                • Sep 2023

My red wing friends are thrilled, but I think they think they're getting prime Kane. Not this shell of his former self Kane.
                Like I said, we'll see. But I tend to agree with you. Especially based on his time with the NY Rangers. This is not the Kane of 4 or 5 years ago. And why throw money at him like that and disrupt the locker room? I do agree the Sabres need a Pat LaFontaine/Mike Peca/Chris Drury-type and I think KA is to afraid to go get that guy. Whoever he is. I sure would love to have Sam Reinhart on the team right now.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by DetoxTent View Post
                  Like I said, we'll see. But I tend to agree with you. Especially based on his time with the NY Rangers. This is not the Kane of 4 or 5 years ago. And why throw money at him like that and disrupt the locker room? I do agree the Sabres need a Pat LaFontaine/Mike Peca/Chris Drury-type and I think KA is to afraid to go get that guy. Whoever he is. I sure would love to have Sam Reinhart on the team right now.
                  Believe it or not, the Sabres core is pretty set. This team just needs more structure and, yes, while I think Tuch is the Chris Drury type the fans want, they need more. Who that is, exactly, I don't know.

The sabres may have to make tough decisions with some younger guys to acquire needs (I think the sabres need a complete, rounded RHD who is willing to be punishing with skill)

They also need a third line center who can play offensively and defensively.
                  Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                    • Aug 2012

Biro up. Gives granato more options
                    Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                      • Aug 2012

Ok, just listened to the maintenance day cast.

They gave some good insight. If you had said that Cozens and Thompson had ten goals combined at this stage of the season, you'd believe the sabres would be in the lottery running. Much of the Sabres struggles can be attributed to youth. The team is still inconsistent. But all things are trending in the right direction.

Levi to Roch doesn't have to be a long term plan. But he needs pro experience and with his struggles, getting him some pro experience, even just a few weeks worth in Roch, can really help him..this is also so UPL can go and be the starter as he's earned that spot for now.
                      Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• ckg927
                        • Aug 2012

Biro up. Gives granato more options
                        Kulich was sent down; Rosen's likely going to be given a longer look.

Also of note: Hockey Canada wants Zach Benson for the WJC. GMKA said "Not so fast; we'll revisit this in a week or so."

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                          • Aug 2012

They won't send Benson to the WJC. If he was playing 6 minutes a game, sure. But that's not the case.
                          Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

https://twitter.com/CMDeDominicis/st...47317817946545

The belief is the Sabres are on the outside of the kane sweeps. Thankfully
                            Sabres aren't going anywhere, bringing back hometown boy Kane would have moved some merch, sold some tickets, and made no real difference on the ice. The team wouldn't be any better nor worse with him here.

If they cooled on a deal or had no interest, it's a major misstep or mistake on their part.

Comment

• JATMtheJATM
                              • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Mr. Pink View Post
                              Sabres aren't going anywhere, bringing back hometown boy Kane would have moved some merch, sold some tickets, and made no real difference on the ice. The team wouldn't be any better nor worse with him here.

If they cooled on a deal or had no interest, it's a major misstep or mistake on their part.
                              The sabres are definitely going somewhere, just maybe not this year with that slow start. Getting an aging black hole at even strength isn't what the sabres need and I'm definitely fine with whatever happened. Especially if a required second year was the breaking point. Hell. No
                              Flag of Ukraine.svg

Comment

• DetoxTent
                                • Sep 2023

Ryan Johnson is the Sabres unsung hero

It is hard to believe that Ryan Johnson started this season down in Rochester. His play so far since reaching the NHL has been nothing short of spectacular.
                                Johnson’s play in the preseason showed flashes of excellence, but too many moves followed by some bad turnovers left him out of the discussion to be on the opening night roster in Buffalo. Injuries on the Sabres backend early in November allowed Johnson to get his first true taste of the NHL. Fans were expecting the 22-year-old to maybe play a couple games, then get sent back down once players returned. However, Johnson made the most of his ice time and has become a mainstay on the blue line.
                                Johnson has always been a smooth-skating d-man who could move the puck. He has impressibly implemented that at the NHL level, while also shoring up the defensive side of his game. Johnson’s initial NHL experience saw him as the seventh-dressed defenseman and only receiving 8 minutes on the ice. He has made the most out of his limited chances and is currently tied with fellow defensive surprise Henri Jokiharju in leading the team in +/- with being a +4.

While he only has one assist in his 11 games played, he has facilitated offense via his previously mentioned skating ability. Once his shot progresses and he gets more comfortable in the offensive zone, Johnson will be a much-needed jolt of offense. Johnson continues to move well in the o-zone and should begin to find those passing lanes he found so frequently in previous years. This won’t be something we notice overnight, but over the course of an 82-game season, we should start seeing assists being tallied by number 33.
                                The best part about Johnson’s game so far is that he has been successful with every defenseman he has been paired with. It seems he has been carouseled around the lineup, but has somehow found success with every line combination. It didn’t matter if it was Rasmus Dahlin or Erik Johnson, he was able to fit in and not look out of place.

His smooth skating isn’t only an asset on offense. Johnson’s ability to evade pressure on the backhand has been enormous in allowing the Sabres to get more consistent d-zone exits. This skating ability is what sets him apart from all other defensemen, and why he is such a key asset to this team now and in the future.
                                The Sabres are in such a unique and lucky situation with both Rasmus Dahlin and Owen Power secured on their blue line. Having Johnson on the third pairing gives the Sabres an offensive threat always on the ice. As Power and Johnson continue to grow and develop, (hopefully in a similar manner to Dahlin both offensively and defensively) the Sabres are going to be great at both ends of the ice.
                                Ryan Johnson is honestly one of my favorite players to watch when he is on the ice. His evasiveness is exciting, and I cannot wait for Don Granato to lean on him more as he gets more comfortable in the NHL. I did not expect him to make such an impact this season, especially after the preseason. Johnson will be a key piece in the Sabres team taking the next step as he brings a dynamic to the ice that is lacking at times.
                                The Sabres front office has done a great job so far this season of letting the kids shine when they deserve it. Ryan Johnson is one of those players I don’t believe the Sabres had any plans of being a part of this roster full-time this year. He has proven his worth and has made the most of each moment.

Ryan Johnson is the Sabres unsung hero

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡