Would you trade a Bills Superbowl championship for 20 more years of sucking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Would you trade a Bills Superbowl championship for 20 more years of sucking?

Would you trade a Buffalo Bills superbowl championship, for another 20 year drought like the one we all just experienced?
    Yes! A superbowl is worth it!
    0%
    No way, I couldn't endure that again
    0%
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Would you trade a Bills Superbowl championship for 20 more years of sucking?

Ahhh...the Rams situation..
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

Re: Would you trade a Bills Superbowl championship for 20 more years of sucking?

Originally posted by Night Train View Post
      Ahhh...the Rams situation..
      My heart says I would, but my brain says there's no way I could go last another 20 year drought.

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

Yes. Then write off football.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
          Making Spirits Bright
          • Mar 2006

It would be better than having another 20 year drought without a Superbowl win.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Ugh. That's a tough one.

I'm a Nationals fan. They won the World Series in 2019. It was amazing to watch. But, they've sucked ever since. They lost 107 games last season. Meanwhile, the Mets and Braves both won 101 games, and the Phillies made the playoffs too. The Mets signed Verlander and the Phillies signed former Nat Trea Turner, so all 3 are poised to make the playoffs again and possibly win a title. The Nationals have some talent in the pipeline, but realistically they are probably 3 years from being competitive again. It sucks watching all of our division rivals be successful while the Nats are lingering in the basement.

And while I like baseball, I care about football a lot more than I care about baseball. We suffered two decades of sucking, and as if that wasn't bad enough, division rival NE dominated the league during that same time period. Watching the Bills be mired in mediocrity was bad enough on it's own, and then we still had to watch those *******s win it SIX ****ING TIMES. I'm stuck in that cycle with my baseball team and I can't imagine going back to that with football too.

Realistically, though, there's no reason to be that bad for that long. The NFL is cyclical. NE's success streak and our drought are the exceptions. We should be relevant for 5-6 years- maybe less if we get a title and the roster and coaching staff get raided, then spend a year or two retooling, then be relevant for another 5 years or so, then Josh will be done and it'll be time for a full-on rebuild. There should NEVER be another 2 decade stretch that is that bad.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

I'd take 4 str8 and somebody else could do the sucking.

28 **60 **128 **133 **144 **160
              163 **189 **200 **204 **248

Comment

• kgun12
                • Jul 2002

Hell yes, besides who know some of us won’t even make 20 more years and I want to experience a SB win before I go!
                Retired Air Traffic Controller
                USAF VETERAN
                DAV

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

Or don't take it this year and win the next 4 str8 what's your choice then?

Comment

• sahlensguy
                    • Mar 2015

For the 1st one, sure. We just came out of 20 years of sucking and were still here...

Comment

• kgun12
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                      Or don't take it this year and win the next 4 str8 what's your choice then?
                      If you can guarantee four in a row sure, if not I’ll take the bird in the hand, you can keep the bush, lol.
                      USAF VETERAN
                      DAV

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
                        If you can guarantee four in a row sure, if not I’ll take the bird in the hand, you can keep the bush, lol.
                        Guaranteed 4 str8 dominant Super Bowl victories!!!!

Comment

• kgun12
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                          Guaranteed 4 str8 dominant Super Bowl victories!!!!
                          Sure.
                          USAF VETERAN
                          DAV

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

It appears that the Rams signed up for the 1 and done for 20.

Comment

• notacon
                              • Aug 2012

Easy....NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!

In the 56 years of Super Bowl titles the most wins is still only six. NE is the anomaly in winning those within a 20 year span. Possibly a feat never to be duplicated in the age of huge contacts and salary cap.

Only one other team has won six titles, Pittsburgh, who won four in the 70’s (before the cap) and had a 26 year gap until their next one in 2005 and then again in 2008.

SanFran is #2 with 5 tiles, all within 13 years, but also all before the salary cap era.

Dallas is tied with SanFran with 5 titles, two in the 70’s and then 15 year gap before they won three more within four years in the 90’s....all before the salary cap era.

The point is that SB wins are not common. 31 teams every year will not win.

Fielding a competitive team year after year, with the realistic possibility of winning one (every year) is much better (IMO) than selling out everything to win one, and then suck balls, like LA Rams.

LA could suck for several more years.

The teams that have won multiple titles...had two undeniable traits......an elite QB (or more than one, for example, like Pittsburgh with Bradshaw and Big Ben) and extremely sound football organizations that compete year after year.

The Bills never had an extremely sound football organization for the first 54 years of their existence, with the terrible owner Ralph Wilson.

Terry Pegula is the opposite of Wilson. And the football organization he has developed is top notch. And NOW, the Bills have, not only an “elite” QB, but one of the most gifted unicorn QB’s in NFL history and one of the best QB’s in the game today.

So, in reality, the choice of this poll is a false one. It’s not a “trade of a Bills Super Bowl championship” for “20 more years of sucking”

The Bills are poised and positioned well to give us BOTH....Superbowl championships (multiple ones) AND 20 years of competitive teams that are contenders year after year after year.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍