Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jon Bon Jovi...More determined than Ever

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Jon Bon Jovi...More determined than Ever

Quote Originally Posted by chris66 View Post
    Probably its because the entire estate wast valued at least a million dollars.
    The more money you have, the BETTER the tax lawyers you can afford to hire.

And I heard on Shopp & Bulldog on WGR that Thurman Thomas was approached by TWO groups that want to buy the Bills to be their face to deal with Mary Wilson because it was reported she will NOT necessarily sell to the highest bidder.

That TOTALLY supports my position.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    The more money you have, the BETTER the tax lawyers you can afford to hire.

And I heard on Shopp & Bulldog on WGR that Thurman Thomas was approached by TWO groups that want to buy the Bills to be their face to deal with Mary Wilson because it was reported she will NOT necessarily sell to the highest bidder.

That TOTALLY supports my position.
    don't confuse highest bid with market value. The other owners will not approve a sale that's below market.

3. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

don't confuse highest bid with market value. The other owners will not approve a sale that's below market.
    Why would they not? You think they are afraid it will weaken the market for NFL teams?

Ridiculous. First the Government won't approve, now the NFL owners won't.

GRASPING at straws. And nobody said the team will be sold for below market value either.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Why would they not? You think they are afraid it will weaken the market for NFL teams?

Ridiculous. First the Government won't approve, now the NFL owners won't.

GRASPING at straws. And nobody said the team will be sold for below market value either.
    that's exactly why they won't let the sale go below market. NFL is all about money
    Why do think they keep talking about international teams. They are close to tapping out the market here in the states

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

that's exactly why they won't let the sale go below market. NFL is all about money
    Why do think they keep talking about international teams. They are close to tapping out the market here in the states
    I never said that the Bills would be sold for below market value. They have 5 or 6 banks establishing that value now.

I am saying the Bills will be sold to someone that wants to keep the Bills in Buffalo & it may not be for the most money offered.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,092 Times in 2,341 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I never said that the Bills would be sold for below market value. They have 5 or 6 banks establishing that value now.

I am saying the Bills will be sold to someone that wants to keep the Bills in Buffalo & it may not be for the most money offered.
    How do you know 5 or 6 banks are establishing their value now?
    Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Hopefully.
    The new owner's will have 6 years to see if the area can support them. It will all come down to the fans and corp. If they sell luxury boxes, tickets that avg100.00 and psls there shouldn't be an issue keeping the team long term

9. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,946 Times in 3,498 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I never said that the Bills would be sold for below market value.
    You said it didn't matter as long as it wasn't a family member, which is WRONG. Did you change your mind? They will value the Bills as a part of Ralph's estate as of the date of death. The IRS will have to approve that valuation when Ralph's executor files the estate tax return. As long as Mary sells for at least that much she should be ok with the Feds, otherwise there will be gift tax consequences.

I live in RI and at least in this state your statement about paying sales tax on whatever you may have paid is also wrong. You can have a bill of sale that says you bought the car for $50 but they will still tax you on the book value.

11. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by stuckincincy View Post
    How do you know 5 or 6 banks are establishing their value now?
    It was reported on WGR radio.

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    You said it didn't matter as long as it wasn't a family member, which is WRONG. Did you change your mind? They will value the Bills as a part of Ralph's estate as of the date of death. The IRS will have to approve that valuation when Ralph's executor files the estate tax return. As long as Mary sells for at least that much she should be ok with the Feds, otherwise there will be gift tax consequences.

I live in RI and at least in this state your statement about paying sales tax on whatever you may have paid is also wrong. You can have a bill of sale that says you bought the car for $50 but they will still tax you on the book value.
    That car tax situation in RI is different from the 3 states I've lived in extensively. I'm used to a "reasonable standard", if you will. This mythical, 3-year old BMW might have 150K on it, aged and split leather seats, paint chips and dings, dented rims, bad compression, etc. - no way it got sold for so-called bluebook numbers.

In OH, as well as NY and PA in the past, as long as the sales price is in the ballpark, the low sales receipt goes. It's been years since I lived in NY or PA, so I don't know, but in OH if pressed you can produce photos and mechanics' reports to justify the sales cost.

Most transactions proceed as presented - and OH's hands are far from clean. They extract registration fees based on date of birth. If you are born in January and purchase a car in December, you pay the full fee for that year, then you have to pay it again come January.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

New York State only taxed you on money paid for a car when I lived there. They might question you about it, but if you had a bill of sale, that was what you paid the tax on.

I never meant to imply that the Bills would be sold for less than market value, on the other hand someone can offer over market value & Mary Wilson does not have to accept that offer if she is not happy will all conditions of the sale such as how & when the money is to be paid & if the team would be moved.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by stuckincincy View Post
    That car tax situation in RI is different from the 3 states I've lived in extensively. I'm used to a "reasonable standard", if you will. This mythical, 3-year old BMW might have 150K on it, aged and split leather seats, paint chips and dings, dented rims, bad compression, etc. - no way it got sold for so-called bluebook numbers.

In OH, as well as NY and PA in the past, as long as the sales price is in the ballpark, the low sales receipt goes. It's been years since I lived in NY or PA, so I don't know, but in OH if pressed you can produce photos and mechanics' reports to justify the sales cost.

Most transactions proceed as presented - and OH's hands are far from clean. They extract registration fees based on date of birth. If you are born in January and purchase a car in December, you pay the full fee for that year, then you have to pay it again come January.
    Even using the "reasonable standard" approach in the states you mention Better Days example of the $50 Beemer wouldn't pass the smell test. You can't just make the value up from whole cloth. RI changed to straight book value because so many of the bill of sales were bogus. You're right registry's find a way to screw you on fees.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

New York State only taxed you on money paid for a car when I lived there. They might question you about it, but if you had a bill of sale, that was what you paid the tax on.

I never meant to imply that the Bills would be sold for less than market value, on the other hand someone can offer over market value & Mary Wilson does not have to accept that offer if she is not happy will all conditions of the sale such as how & when the money is to be paid & if the team would be moved.
    I believe the executor has to establish a fair market value for the team as of the date of Ralph's death as a part of the requirement to file an estate tax return and that number has to be approved by the IRS. My "non estate tax attorney" take is if Mary sells for less than that she'll have gift tax consequences. So I expect she will sell for at least that. I never said she had to sell to the highest bidder.

17. Post thanked by:

Buffalo Bills Fan
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I believe the executor has to establish a fair market value for the team as of the date of Ralph's death as a part of the requirement to file an estate tax return and that number has to be approved by the IRS. My "non estate tax attorney" take is if Mary sells for less than that she'll have gift tax consequences. So I expect she will sell for at least that. I never said she had to sell to the highest bidder.
    Heh - I'm thinking about the "flat tax" dreamers. It can never happen - the rates would be so naked, so stark, that voters would revolt over increases, and the pols couldn't favor this one and punish that one. Nobody would bother to send a Congressman a Christmas card, let alone lobby them.

The best thing would be to have the tax payment deadline a month before elections. What a different nation we would be. Which is why the pols set it up as it is.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The only point I wanted to make is I believe the Bills will be sold to a person/persons that WANT to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

There are enough people with deep pockets that want to keep the Bills in Buffalo that paying market value will be no problem.

The next owner of the Bills will be someone that as Bob Rich said consider the Bills a cultural asset to WNY & want to keep them in WNY for that reason, not to make money.

And I read that if Trump invested as little as 20% of the Bills, he could use them as a tax write off & save a bundle in taxes. I expect whoever buys the Bills to do that, use them as a tax write off.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I hope jonbovi crashes his car over a bridge.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,399 Times in 2,198 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I hate bon jovi so much. I wouldn't care if he hit a patch of ice and drove over a high bridge. Why does this douche bag think he's Canadian now? I hope the Donald punches him in the throat.

http://www.businessinsider.com/donal...o-bills-2014-4

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Even using the "reasonable standard" approach in the states you mention Better Days example of the $50 Beemer wouldn't pass the smell test. You can't just make the value up from whole cloth. RI changed to straight book value because so many of the bill of sales were bogus. You're right registry's find a way to screw you on fees.
    yeah they do especially here in RI. Way too many backdoor fees

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,331 Times in 15,468 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MitchMurrayDowntown View Post
    Lots of Land by the Falls.
    Lots of buried chemicals as well!

24. Post thanked by:

better days (04-16-2014)

Buffalo Bills Fan