Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A clean slate

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: A clean slate

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    again, you don't have to be blind to the realities of the team. i know the bills have almost no logical shot at being good enough to weather a season of injuries even if everyone else is performing. doesn't mean i don't want them to win. i just know the chances are really low.

Whereas you, better days, will be very optimistic and on sunday night, you'll be stunned that it didn't work out and have some angry comments on monday and then tuesday you are back to believing that it's salvagable.

one year you are going to be right. and it might be this one. and i'll gladly start a thread saying, "Better days figured it out and i was wrong" and then in the subject i'll actually say, "i was glad he was right."
    For myself I would rather be optimistic (even if it is blindly) and believe that they will win every time they play, rather than worrying about being right on a message board, especially if it gets to the point where I'm dogging my so called team. Maybe I'm stuck in the era where fans didn't rip apart their team every chance they got, so they could be right or because they are "realist."

2. Post thanked by:

better days (09-04-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

you have the right to live with your head in the clouds. But if you think this team is any good you're only fooling yourself.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,747 Times in 987 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    you have the right to live with your head in the clouds. But if you think this team is any good you're only fooling yourself.
    Any day of the week I would rather walk with my head in the clouds than walk with my head down kicking dirt.

5. Post thanked by:

better days (09-04-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,905 Times in 4,025 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

As much as i *****..i can dig the clean slate. I'll go one step further...with the infusion of very young talent at the QB and QR positions, I'm willing to cut the offense some slack.

I expect them to make some plays and make some boneheaded rookie mistakes also. Now, if they plan on using dump off passes extensively...they better reevaluate that now. The WR's are meant to run, the QB probably has the best pure arm since Bledsoe and...you gotta let the big dogs hunt. (Keith Jackson).

The defense...I'm sorry, they have a clean slate...but no more excuses. This is the "system" everyone wanted and there is more than enough athletic talent to keep from being doormats..as they were through the entire Buddy Nix era. It is well past time for them to produce.

7. Post thanked by:

better days (09-04-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    As much as i *****..i can dig the clean slate. I'll go one step further...with the infusion of very young talent at the QB and QR positions, I'm willing to cut the offense some slack.

I expect them to make some plays and make some boneheaded rookie mistakes also. Now, if they plan on using dump off passes extensively...they better reevaluate that now. The WR's are meant to run, the QB probably has the best pure arm since Bledsoe and...you gotta let the big dogs hunt. (Keith Jackson).

The defense...I'm sorry, they have a clean slate...but no more excuses. This is the "system" everyone wanted and there is more than enough athletic talent to keep from being doormats..as they were through the entire Buddy Nix era. It is well past time for them to produce.
    I have said from the day Marrone was hired, I don't want to hear any excuses.

And now knowing Marrone & his staff, I know they will own whatever happens win or lose.

I don't know if the Bills will win this game or not, but on Sunday, I will wear my Bills shirt with pride & my head held high in the clouds.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,219 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post

I think we'll find our way.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,318 Times in 13,737 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Nix has completely rebuilt this team in his time as GM. There are only four players on the roster that were Bills before 2010.

Now with a new front office, GM, HC & entire Coaching staff, this is not your daddy's Bills.

The past 13 years are OVER & people that think the Bills will be the same as they have been in the past will soon be proved wrong.

As Marcus Easley said, Marrone has given all the players a clean slate.

It is now up to them to write a new chapter in Bills history.

As Marv used to say: Where would you rather be than right here right now?

And as Jon Gruden said at Kickoff at the Ralph: Learn to love this time & this team, Why not the Buffalo Bills right here right now?

GO BILLS...........................and screw the 2-14 crowd.
    Lmao what a joke- wow, Buddy Nix turned over the group of losers we had for a whole new group of losers! Impressive!

How many players do we still have from last year's pathetic team? Answer? Way too many.

Why not the Buffalo Bills right here, right now? Let me see- rookie HC, new systems on both sides of the ball, rookie QB, OL that lost a starter and 2 key backups (one to FA, one to injury), only one proven WR, paper tiger DL, arguably the worst LB's in the NFL, mediocre CB's with Gilmore injured, only proven S held out and is injured, street FA kicker cuz the rookie is injured.....

That's why not.

****, I hope this team wins, but it's illogical to expect it. That's why I hate the rah-rah bull****.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Lmao what a joke- wow, Buddy Nix turned over the group of losers we had for a whole new group of losers! Impressive!

How many players do we still have from last year's pathetic team? Answer? Way too many.

Why not the Buffalo Bills right here, right now? Let me see- rookie HC, new systems on both sides of the ball, rookie QB, OL that lost a starter and 2 key backups (one to FA, one to injury), only one proven WR, paper tiger DL, arguably the worst LB's in the NFL, mediocre CB's with Gilmore injured, only proven S held out and is injured, street FA kicker cuz the rookie is injured.....

That's why not.

****, I hope this team wins, but it's illogical to expect it. That's why I hate the rah-rah bull****.
    ​SCREW THE PATS* & SCREW THE 2-14 CROWD.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    You're going to be severely disappointed. What has EJ Manuel done to make you think he will be a franchise QB? Nothing to date. This is all the same false hype we saw before Gregg Williams first real game, Mike Mularkey's first game and Gailey's first game.
    What has EJ done to make you think he won't be a franchise QB? In both cases there is no answer since he's a rookie & the season hasn't started yet. Luck, RGIII & Wilson were in the same boat that EJ's in now 4 days before the 2012 season started.
    I think you're going to be disappointed that your negativity won't be valid anymore when the Bills turn things around. Some people would actually prefer EJ busts just so they can say I told you so.

13. Post thanked by:

better days (09-04-2013),kishoph (09-05-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Nix has completely rebuilt this team in his time as GM. There are only four players on the roster that were Bills before 2010.

Now with a new front office, GM, HC & entire Coaching staff, this is not your daddy's Bills.

The past 13 years are OVER & people that think the Bills will be the same as they have been in the past will soon be proved wrong.

As Marcus Easley said, Marrone has given all the players a clean slate.

It is now up to them to write a new chapter in Bills history.

As Marv used to say: Where would you rather be than right here right now?

And as Jon Gruden said at Kickoff at the Ralph: Learn to love this time & this team, Why not the Buffalo Bills right here right now?

GO BILLS...........................and screw the 2-14 crowd.
    Seriously, I don't know why you continue to tout Buddy Nix. You quoted the TMQ post so clearly you read how he botched our draft, and the best record he ever got us was 6-10.

SIX AND TEN. SIX WINS, TEN LOSSES. That was his BEST.

if you think that's good enough, well, then you deserve the losing.

Of course, it goes with your whole mantra: if Nix was good and it was all just a bad coach, it supports your delusion that this team is good. No reason to let actual facts like record and draft results get in the way

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Intelligent, well-formed response.

This team won't be 2-14. Then we might actually get a top prospect in the draft. We're more the 4-5 win type.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Seriously, I don't know why you continue to tout Buddy Nix. You quoted the TMQ post so clearly you read how he botched our draft, and the best record he ever got us was 6-10.

SIX AND TEN. SIX WINS, TEN LOSSES. That was his BEST.

if you think that's good enough, well, then you deserve the losing.

Of course, it goes with your whole mantra: if Nix was good and it was all just a bad coach, it supports your delusion that this team is good. No reason to let actual facts like record and draft results get in the way
    Yes I blame 6-10 last year on the Coaching & the QB play.

You have no evidence to the contrary, just your OPINION. NOT FACTS on your part any more than mine.

WE both have differing opinions.

I am at least willing to acknowledge it is opinion on both our parts while you are trying to pass your opinion off as fact.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yes I blame 6-10 last year on the Coaching & the QB play.

You have no evidence to the contrary, just your OPINION. NOT FACTS on your part any more than mine.

WE both have differing opinions.

I am at least willing to acknowledge it is opinion on both our parts while you are trying to pass your opinion off as fact.

Lmao. I don't know where to start here. 6-10 is a FACT. The players chosen after Nix's picks are FACTS.

And not all opinions are equal. Some are supported by fact, some are supported by nothing more than what an individual wants to be true.

Oh, and you say coaching and QB play screwed us last year- who do you think hired that coach? Who do you think gave that QB a huge contract only to cut him 18 months later, sticking us with $3 MILLION in dead cap this year and $7 MILLION in dead cap next year? BUDDY ****ING NIX!!!!

The same guy you are crediting CREATED the situations that you blame for last year's failure. The cognitive dissonance is appalling.

18. Post thanked by:

gebobs (09-04-2013),jdaltroy5 (09-05-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Lmao. I don't know where to start here. 6-10 is a FACT. The players chosen after Nix's picks are FACTS.

And not all opinions are equal. Some are supported by fact, some are supported by nothing more than what an individual wants to be true.

Oh, and you say coaching and QB play screwed us last year- who do you think hired that coach? Who do you think gave that QB a huge contract only to cut him 18 months later, sticking us with $3 MILLION in dead cap this year and $7 MILLION in dead cap next year? BUDDY ****ING NIX!!!!

The same guy you are crediting CREATED the situations that you blame for last year's failure. The cognitive dissonance is appalling.
    You never saw me praise Nix for hiring Chan, but Nix had a LIMITED pool to choose from.

People did not want to come to Buffalo to Coach at that time because the Bills LACKED talent on the roster.

When Marrone was hired the situation was different because Nix rebuilt the roster & it is now talked about as being one of the more talented rosters in the NFL.

Even "EXPERTS" that don't think the Bills will make a huge improvement this year think they will do so in a year or two.

​SCREW THE PATS* & THE 2-14 CROWD.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Lmao- lots of talent on that 6-10 roster.....

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Lmao- lots of talent on that 6-10 roster.....
    If you don't see the talent on this Bills team, you are blind.

And the unproven Rookies are about to prove themselves.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    What has EJ done to make you think he won't be a franchise QB?
    This is totally backwards. EJ is the one with something to prove, not OpIvy. EJ us the one who got the first round pick contract despite healthy skepticism from the rest of the NFL.

In both cases there is no answer since he's a rookie & the season hasn't started yet. Luck, RGIII & Wilson were in the same boat that EJ's in now 4 days before the 2012 season started.
    I think you're going to be disappointed that your negativity won't be valid anymore when the Bills turn things around. Some people would actually prefer EJ busts just so they can say I told you so.
    Luck and griffin we re two of the most highly regarded qb prospects ever and they lived up to it. Wilson is the outlier.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

23. Post thanked by:

Mr. Pink (09-04-2013),OpIv37 (09-04-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If you don't see the talent on this Bills team, you are blind.

And the unproven Rookies are about to prove themselves.
    Lmfao.... So much talent that we were 6-10. And you lecture me about opinion vs fact- so many Bills rookies have choked. You saying that the rookies are about to prove themselves is opinion, not fact.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Lmfao.... So much talent that we were 6-10. And you lecture me about opinion vs fact- so many Bills rookies have choked. You saying that the rookies are about to prove themselves is opinion, not fact.
    These Rookies will have had better Coaching from what they have shown & said.

As I said before 6-10 was because of the great Coaching & system of Wannstedt as well as the great QB play by Fitz.

I have said it was my OPINION.

BUT your view is also OPINION, NOT fact.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,545 Times in 1,633 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Love Marrone, Pettine, Hackett. Undecided on Whaley. Low on EJ. Hopefully I'm only 3/4!