Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A clean slate

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: A clean slate

Bills fans that go to this game will have memories of it into old age.

EJ comming out of the tunnel, the crowd CHEERING.

Bills 31 Pats* 21

​SCREW THE PATS* & SCREW THE 2-14 CROWD.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,317 Times in 13,737 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    These Rookies will have had better Coaching from what they have shown & said.

As I said before 6-10 was because of the great Coaching & system of Wannstedt as well as the great QB play by Fitz.

I have said it was my OPINION.

BUT your view is also OPINION, NOT fact.
    Lmao- you saying that they have better coaching is opinion, not fact

3. Post thanked by:

swiper (09-05-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This is an expansion franchise level talented team with a rookie HC.

For years the talent level has been around expansion franchise level. It's a revolving door. We sign one splashy guy to sell tickets who inevitably can't carry his weight, we botch draft picks left right and center, we release the marginally talented guys we do have to sign more marginally talented guys to replace - sometimes we don't replace them at all. Hell, we've yet to replace Donte Whitner and he sucked. We had Lee Evans and his one trick pony show, we still haven't replaced him not that it mattered up til now since we haven't had a QB who could throw the ball 30 yards downfield anyway.

We are now hitching our wagons to a QB who never had that outstanding breakout game in college where people said "holy shiiiit did you see what EJ Manuel did Saturday?!?" FSU's QB now already had that game last Saturday. Jameis Winston 25 of 27 356 4 TDs. IT WAS HIS FIRST GAME. We've seen not much out of EJ in preseason, sure he had a nice two minute drill drive playing dink and dunk, but that's all we've seen out of him this preseason. So what exactly are we hitching to on this guy that he's something special? Is it because he wears the colors? I'll actually buy that reasoning as that's the only thing you can cling to because let's be honest, EJ hasn't shown anything on the field to show he's gonna be lights out.

And coaching, we've heard that song and dance year in and year out with each new regime. Chan Gailey will be great! Dick Jauron will be better. Mike Mularkey is innovative and new. Gregg Williams fires the guys up. blah blah blah blah blah...

Marrone has proven nothing and he's just being rah rah'd up like the losers I listed above were.

This is a 5 win football team, at best.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Lmao- you saying that they have better coaching is opinion, not fact
    Read my post Op, I said it was OPINION.

Just as what you have said is OPINION, other than the record 6-10 which is the ONLY fact you have presented.

You have presented NO FACTS to show 6-10 was due to the players & not the Coaching.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    This is an expansion franchise level talented team with a rookie HC.

For years the talent level has been around expansion franchise level. It's a revolving door. We sign one splashy guy to sell tickets who inevitably can't carry his weight, we botch draft picks left right and center, we release the marginally talented guys we do have to sign more marginally talented guys to replace - sometimes we don't replace them at all. Hell, we've yet to replace Donte Whitner and he sucked. We had Lee Evans and his one trick pony show, we still haven't replaced him not that it mattered up til now since we haven't had a QB who could throw the ball 30 yards downfield anyway.

We are now hitching our wagons to a QB who never had that outstanding breakout game in college where people said "holy shiiiit did you see what EJ Manuel did Saturday?!?" FSU's QB now already had that game last Saturday. Jameis Winston 25 of 27 356 4 TDs. IT WAS HIS FIRST GAME. We've seen not much out of EJ in preseason, sure he had a nice two minute drill drive playing dink and dunk, but that's all we've seen out of him this preseason. So what exactly are we hitching to on this guy that he's something special? Is it because he wears the colors? I'll actually buy that reasoning as that's the only thing you can cling to because let's be honest, EJ hasn't shown anything on the field to show he's gonna be lights out.

And coaching, we've heard that song and dance year in and year out with each new regime. Chan Gailey will be great! Dick Jauron will be better. Mike Mularkey is innovative and new. Gregg Williams fires the guys up. blah blah blah blah blah...

Marrone has proven nothing and he's just being rah rah'd up like the losers I listed above were.

This is a 5 win football team, at best.
    I think you will be proven wrong, but if this team only wins 5 games, then as you said Marrone is a Loser like the rest & needs to be fired.

SpikedLemonade

Watching EJ develop is going to be fun.

8. Post thanked by:

better days (09-04-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

These Rookies will have had better Coaching from what they have shown & said.

As I said before 6-10 was because of the great Coaching & system of Wannstedt as well as the great QB play by Fitz.

I have said it was my OPINION.

BUT your view is also OPINION, NOT fact.
    You don't know that they have better coaching- Marrone was 25-25 at Syracuse and has never been an an NFL HC. So, saying they have better coaching is opinion, not fact.

You lose yet again.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think Marrone will be better but we heard the same stuff when Gailey took over for Jauron, when Jauron took over for Mularkey, when Mularkey took over for Williams, etc.

At least we knew(some of us at least) that Jauron and especially Gailey were duds. The same people were on here saying how great of coaches they were and that Jauron was the coach of the year. If I remember correctly better days was one of the guys who wanted to keep Gailey for another season and argued with me about his lack of success in college. He said a 7-6 record in college and one winning season in the NFL was considered a success and wasn't being a proven loser as a coach.
    Last edited by BillsFever21; 09-04-2013 at 10:13 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You don't know that they have better coaching- Marrone was 25-25 at Syracuse and has never been an an NFL HC. So, saying they have better coaching is opinion, not fact.

You lose yet again.
    I don't lose anything I have told you YES it is MY OPINION.

JUST as EVERYTHING you have said is YOUR OPINION.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFever21 View Post
    I think Marrone will be better but we heard the same stuff when Gailey took over for Jauron, when Jauron took over for Mularkey, when Mularkey took over for Williams, etc.

At least we knew(some of us at least) that Jauron and especially Gailey were duds. The same people were on here saying how great of coaches they were and that Jauron was the coach of the year. If I remember correctly better days was one of the guys who wanted to keep Gailey for another season and argued with me about his lack of success in college. He said a 7-6 record in college and one winning season in the NFL was considered a success and wasn't being a proven loser as a coach.
    I don't remember that argument. But if you think it was last year, it did not happen.

When I saw Chan play Fitz over T Jax when we all knew Fitz SUCKED & the way he did not give Spiller the ball enough last year, I wanted him fired as much as anyone.

When Chan was hired, I wanted Brian Billick myself & felt about Chan like I feel about Marrone now. I was willing to give him a chance just as I am giving Marrone a chance.

But I agree with you, from what I have seen from Marrone so far I think he will be better than any HC since Wade.

And as I have said since he was hired, if Marrone fails to win 6 games minimum this year, I want him fired as another in the long list of losers.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't lose anything I have told you YES it is MY OPINION.

JUST as EVERYTHING you have said is YOUR OPINION.
    And my opinion is supported by fact. Yours is supported by nothing, as usual.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

WHAT FACTS SUPPORT YOUR OPINION & WHY HAVE YOU NOT PRESENTED THEM IF THEY DO?

To say the Bills went 6-10 is a fact, but that does not support your opinion anymore than it does mine.

Your opinion is the Bills were 6-10 because of the players.

My opinion is the Bills were 6-10 because of poor coaching.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    You're going to be severely disappointed. What has EJ Manuel done to make you think he will be a franchise QB? Nothing to date. This is all the same false hype we saw before Gregg Williams first real game, Mike Mularkey's first game and Gailey's first game.

That's the spirit !

16. Post thanked by:

better days (09-05-2013)

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Facts applied to the past, which Marrone has zero to do with.

I want to see the play before panning it in the newspaper.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Power to Give Rep

The only thing this thread is missing is better days comparing this team to the 90's Bills.

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    That's the spirit !
    And yet I continue to watch. I can't stop myself. The Bills bring out the id vs. ego battle within oneself.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think Better Days enthusiasm is a bit over the top. That stated, he is a fan posting on a Bills message board. Any reasonable person would understand they will encounter Bills homers on a Bills message board. I'll take a homer over some of you miserable *****s any day.

21. Post thanked by:

better days (09-05-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mayotm View Post
    I think Better Days enthusiasm is a bit over the top. That stated, he is a fan posting on a Bills message board. Any reasonable person would understand they will encounter Bills homers on a Bills message board. I'll take a homer over some of you miserable *****s any day.
    It's reality- sometimes reality is miserable. Deal with it.

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by mayotm View Post
    Homers are fine. Guys who post complete garbage but call his bs FACTS annoy me.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

24. Post thanked by:

jdaltroy5 (09-05-2013),OpIv37 (09-05-2013)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

WHAT FACTS SUPPORT YOUR OPINION & WHY HAVE YOU NOT PRESENTED THEM IF THEY DO?

To say the Bills went 6-10 is a fact, but that does not support your opinion anymore than it does mine.

Your opinion is the Bills were 6-10 because of the players.

My opinion is the Bills were 6-10 because of poor coaching.
    You saying that the facts don't support my opiion doesn't change the reality that they do. Bad coaching alone didn't get us to 10 losses. But once again, whatever supports the delusion, right? You HAVE to believe that it was all coaching because that's the only way to support your belief that the team will be good this year. Facts be damned!