• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lone Stranger
    • Sep 2002

Re: "At least one more year"

Originally posted by X-Era View Post
    Whether it's a popular opinion or not, I'm glad.

I want us to stick with him and add a few more pieces.

In my opinion, he's not our problem.

"I hope I can put that to rest," Nix said. "It's the age-old thing, and they've done it around here for years. They start over about every three years. What that does is make damn sure that you don't make it. That's what it does."

I totally agree with him. We've tried that over and over and failed.
    You can dream all you want. I'm ready to drop my season tickets which I have had for 40 years. How you can think that we have made progress under the current regime is beyond me. The record speaks for itslelf.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
      If the Bills don't make the playoffs and Gailey is still here. My group of 8 won't be getting any season tickets next year. That's a total of 12. He's an awful head coach.
      Well, if you have crappy seats it won't matter, but if you have seats you like, you may not get seats that good again when you want them.

Comment

• X-Era
        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by fmr60 View Post
        You can dream all you want. I'm ready to drop my season tickets which I have had for 40 years. How you can think that we have made progress under the current regime is beyond me. The record speaks for itslelf.
        Thats OK. Do it.

If it works, and Nix made the right choice, in a year you'll be back.
        Last edited by X-Era; 11-03-2012, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by fmr60 View Post
          I had seasons for over 20 & dropped them this year (At one point I made every non pre-season home game from mid 1990-November 2007). It would have been a lot tougher to bite the bullet if I wasn't 295 miles away. I'd probably still have them if I lived in WNY. It's got to be tough to be that close & stop going on gameday. On the other hand, it's also got to be tough to go & watch meaningless game after meaningless game. Although many didn't realize it at the time, that home opener against the worst team in then NFL (KC) was as meaningless a win as just about any they've ever had. I just couldn't see the value in attending that game-it was the 1st time I missed the home opener since 1989 and I've been to 27 home openers over the years.
          What happens is that as we get older, we realize we may never see a championship in our lifetime. Look at the Jets & Vikings. The Jets haven't been to the Super Bowl in 43 years, the Vikings haven't made it in 35 years. The Detroit Lions haven't been to any of the 46 Super Bowls. If we end up following that path it could be more than 25 years before the Bills get back, if they ever do as the Buffalo Bills. I'm going to be 59 soon, another 25 years would put me at 84, maybe unable to walk, like my father was at that age, or dead.
          Last edited by Albany,n.y.; 11-03-2012, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

Whether it's a popular opinion or not, I'm glad.

I want us to stick with him and add a few more pieces.

In my opinion, he's not our problem.

"I hope I can put that to rest," Nix said. "It's the age-old thing, and they've done it around here for years. They start over about every three years. What that does is make damn sure that you don't make it. That's what it does."

I totally agree with him. We've tried that over and over and failed.
            Damn you must really wear the Bills rose colored glasses or for some reason really love proven failures in the most important spots on an NFL team like GM, HC and QB.

Gailey is a proven loser. He isn't a young first time coach where it might take some time. The dude is 60 years old and was fired after only two years as a HC in the NFL and nobody else wanted to touch him with a 10ft pole after that. He even failed as a college HC after he had to bolt the NFL for another chance. I guess the Bills are smarter then everyone else though. That is why we have one winning season in the past 13 years.

When you know you have a dud you replace it. Waiting another year just for the same results only sets you back one more season. We stuck with Jauron for a 4th year too and how did that work out? Jauron was even more successful then Gailey has been as our HC.

The new choice might not work out but you have to at least try and find an upgrade. Sticking with a proven loser isn't going to get you anywhere. I don't take much stock in the opinion of Buddy Nix anymore either. What has this bum ever done? His drafts in Buffalo have been putrid so far and our team is even worse then it was when he took over. He couldn't even get a GM job until he was 70 years old. That should tell you something there too when nobody else wanted him after all of these decades. Once again I guess the Bills are smarter then everyone else on him too.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
              • May 2009

Originally posted by better days View Post
              Well, if you have crappy seats it won't matter, but if you have seats you like, you may not get seats that good again when you want them.
              I don't care if I ever walk in the stadium again. If the Bills don't make the playoffs this year, I'm done buying tickets.
              Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 11-03-2012, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• X-Era
                • Feb 2005

I don't care if I ever walk in stadium again if the Bills don't make the playoffs this year.
                Nothing personal but I'm not that worried about whether you buy season tickets or not. Just me.

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsFever21 View Post
                  Damn you must really wear the Bills rose colored glasses or for some reason really love proven failures in the most important spots on an NFL team like GM, HC and QB.

Gailey is a proven loser. He isn't a young first time coach where it might take some time. The dude is 60 years old and was fired after only two years as a HC in the NFL and nobody else wanted to touch him with a 10ft pole after that. He even failed as a college HC after he had to bolt the NFL for another chance. I guess the Bills are smarter then everyone else though. That is why we have one winning season in the past 13 years.

When you know you have a dud you replace it. Waiting another year just for the same results only sets you back one more season. We stuck with Jauron for a 4th year too and how did that work out? Jauron was even more successful then Gailey has been as our HC.

The new choice might not work out but you have to at least try and find an upgrade. Sticking with a proven loser isn't going to get you anywhere. I don't take much stock in the opinion of Buddy Nix anymore either. What has this bum ever done? His drafts in Buffalo have been putrid so far and our team is even worse then it was when he took over. He couldn't even get a GM job until he was 70 years old. That should tell you something there too when nobody else wanted him after all of these decades. Once again I guess the Bills are smarter then everyone else on him too.
                  He is? Then why was he a proven winner everywhere (except Samford 5-6) before here? Please do your homework.
                  Last edited by X-Era; 11-03-2012, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                    • May 2009

Nothing personal but I'm not that worried about whether you buy season tickets or not. Just me.
                    The Bills' front office will be. I would be willing to bet that there are plenty of long time fans that have had enough of this terrible organization and won't be renewing next year. Unless, by some miracle, the Bills make the playoffs.
                    Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 11-03-2012, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                      • May 2009

Buddy nix apparently sees Gailey being here for years to come to develop the new draft pick. I don't see how all of these clowns aren't fired after the season is done if the Bills finish 7-9 or worse.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Also, in that video they show a play from the San Fran game. You can see that lazy turd Dareus just sit there like a fat slob. I think it's around the 3:15 mark.
                      Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 11-03-2012, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                        • Apr 2003

i like gailey hes been getting a fitz led O to score 25 + alot

if he had a real qb and a d watch out

i like chan! i dont agree with his calls 100% of the time but there is no coach in the world i agree with 100%

chan isnt the issue he needs a d coordinator to pair up with

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

The Bills' front office will be. I would be willing to bet that there are plenty of long time fans that have had enough of this terrible organization and won't be renewing next year. Unless, by some miracle, the Bills make the playoffs.
                          No offense but the Bills aren't worried if you don't buy season tickets.

We still sellout almost every game.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                            • May 2009

I know the Bills don't give a **** about me. There will be plenty of people besides me not renewing season tickets next year if Gailey is still here.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that why the Miami game is still not sold out?

Comment

• X-Era
                              • Feb 2005

I know the Bills don't give a **** about me. There will be plenty of people besides me not renewing season tickets next year if Gailey is still here.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that why the Miami game is still not sold out?
                              Tell you what. If the Miami game doesn't end up being sold out I'll give you 5K ZB's.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                                • Aug 2004

Really? My local channel must have been wrong with all of them blackouts every season. The news media must have also been wrong about not the Miami game still not being sold out as of a couple weeks ago.

If we're having trouble selling out the Miami game then just wait until we're 4-7. Our last 4 home games will probably be blacked out. At least 3 of them. We sure do a great job at selling out our games though lol

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍