Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Don't get Too Excited - All of Our QB's Still Suck

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Don't get Too Excited - All of Our QB's Still Suck

Quote Originally Posted by gebobs View Post
    Um...yes. Sexy Rexy has forgotten more about football than Morone will ever know.
    '

Ummm. No.

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bill...gain-being-rex

One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park gebobs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,455 Times in 3,965 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Swiper View Post
    He could name Tyrod the kicker and that still wouldn't elevate that farking jackalope Marrone one centimeter. Marrone is the worst coach we've had probably since Harvey Johnson.
    Last edited by gebobs; 09-01-2015 at 11:24 AM.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Making Spirits Bright Joe Fo Sho's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,595 Times in 1,857 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

LOL. Ok. When they start losing games, like Rex always does, we can call you Jo Fo Idunno.
    Every coach ever loses games, guy. Besides, to think that this team has nothing to be excited about is complete ignorance. Being excited for the season also doesn't mean that you automatically think they are Superbowl contenders, there is a middle ground.

Nice burn on my name, though. I'll see if maybe I can get a mod to edit my username because of how clever that was. One question though, did you spell Joe wrong on purpose or was that just something so clever that I missed something? If it was another burn, I'm sure it was a good one and I owe you some kudos.

4. Post thanked by:

gebobs (09-01-2015),Meathead (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah 6th rounders never amount to anything - Oh...wait Tom Brady was taken in the 6th round, Romo was a FA, as was Warner. He had better than 6th rd talent, but, (a) his agent screwed up his pre-draft workout and (b) teams were a bit torn on whether or not to make him a WR (like Ronald Curry).

Thanks
    Thanked 5,946 Times in 3,498 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Weren't you the one that just said the season hasn't even started yet? Yep. That was you. Some idiot giving Bill Cody a bad name. LOL. Don't shoot yourself in the eye kid.
    Yep that was me. Just pointing out if you feel that way there's no need for you to log on or watch the games, why put yourself through it? It will be a struggle of course but we'll try to carry on without you. I've heard the Jags are loaded, solved their QB issue and they have the best OL coach in the league. AND the Jungle is looking for new members. Best of luck!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,097 Times in 3,576 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

And cut the one player that everyone (fan, coach, player) looked up to after he ripped off a beautiful cut-back 40+ yard run against the Pittsburgh Steelers starting defense.

Yeah. Same old OBD. Pegula pulls another Ville Leino by hiring Ryan.
    I loved Freddie, but his time is coming to a close and the Bills have young and promising RB's on the roster. And he said that anyone could have run through the hole the OL opened.
    ROFLMAO. ummm. NO. Not unless he bests 9-7.
    Or the Raiders.

8. Post thanked by:

gebobs (09-01-2015)

Registered User CommissarSpartacus's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,938 Times in 13,289 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Bills will go 16 - 0. TT is the new Russell Wilson. Bills win the Superbowl. Tom Brady retires. Bills dominate for next 4 years, Win 5 SBs in a row.

That's my prediction.

Anyone that expects the Bills to lose a game isn't a real Bills fan.
    My tebya razdavim

10. Post thanked by:

gebobs (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,714 Times in 7,770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train View Post
    The sun will NEVER shine.

Just wanted everyone to take my word on it.
    Well...living in Buffalo, that's not a very tough prediction to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
    Reading this thread made me realize I was too excited for this season. I just drove a nail into my left testicle which definitely helped dull my excitement for this season. Thank you for this thread.
    That must be sad for you.

Not me. I still expect my Bills to win every game. Just because I'm a realist does not mean my excitement is dulled. Certainly not as much as putting a nail in my testicle. BTW...how do you know how that feels??

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Goobylal View Post
    I agree Orton was below average, but the team still won 9 games with worse talent and coaching. And while Taylor is largely unproven, his running ability will strain defenses. But he did show some impressive accuracy on his throws.
    I agree with what you write, EXCEPT the "9 wins". Counting that last game against the Pat's third stringers with zero on the line is not a "win". The Bills were a .500 team last year.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    Just because I'm a realist does not mean my excitement is dulled.
    The title of this thread, which you created, disputes this statement that you just made. You're literally telling people to dull their excitement because, as a self proclaimed realist, you know that our QB situation is worse than most people are making it out to be.

Don't get Too Excited - All of Our QB's Still Suck
    Ridiculous.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,097 Times in 3,576 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I agree with what you write, EXCEPT the "9 wins". Counting that last game against the Pat's third stringers with zero on the line is not a "win". The Bills were a .500 team last year.
    Fair enough. Even with 8 wins, better coaching and talent can get a couple more wins and possibly playoffs.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by k-oneputt View Post
    Point in case why you don't let the lead lib into the football section.
    Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    Please don't jump Noty!!!!!!!!
    Make sure the noose is securely wrapped around your neck first and then proceed.
    Just because I regularly beat your asses into the ground on the Politics section of this site does not give you license to go whining like little babies all aver the place.

What happens on Politics section, stays on Politics section.

In any event, egging someone on to commit suicide is pretty perverse and revolting, huh? All because you don't have the intelligence to keep up with me when it comes to politics.

How sad for you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Terrible logic. If you don't count the Pats game as a win, you cannot count it as a loss either. The Bills were 8-7 then, which is above 0.500.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Victor7 View Post
    There are valid reasons to be on both sides of the "excitement" equation.

Our coaching is better, our defense should continue to be stellar, we have tons of play makers on offense, our OL is massively improved and so on

Then again as much as our QB's played above expectations. Which is something we can all agree on they are still huge question marks. Pre season is not a measure of success so as exciting as it was to see all 3 guys look like seasoned pros we really don't know what's gonna happen when the real bullets start flying. Our depth on defense at LB and CB is laughable to say the least. Ditto for the OL aside from Urbik.

Rex is gonna have to do a great job coaching and maximize the talent on this team. He's also gonna have to be very smart about the QB situation. My guess is no matter who's behind center that person is gonna be on a short leash. And we are also gonna need a lot of luck (injury wise)
    I'm plenty "excited"....just not going to get too far onto the "QB Bandwagon" that infects Bills fan all too much.

Whether our "defense should continue to be stellar, we have tons of play makers on offense, our OL is massively improved and so on" remains to be seen, although it's certainly a better bet to be excited about all of that rather than our QB's.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by bdutton View Post
    Why the **** do you have to post the most depressing ****. We have three QB's that have played extremely well all throughout the preseason and while that may not amount to much in your dark little world, it means a lot to true Bills Fans.

Keep your glass half empty posts in the Spin Zone from now on.
    You really think that my little tiny shot of realism is "the most depressing ****"?!?!? Really??? 15 years out of the playoffs is not "the most depressing ****"???

Not having a viable QB in 20 years is not "the most depressing ****"??? Having a long list of horrible head coaches is not "the most depressing ****"???

I think your values are more than a little twisted.

Oh....keep the Politics section in the politics section. Whining about me kicking your ass there is of no interest here.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by sahlensguy View Post
    "All of our the qbs suck". Really? We don't know if Tyron does or doesn't yet. Nice try though.
    You forgot the qualifier...."until shown otherwise...." That's cherry picking. Nice try though.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't know how anyone can get psyched up for a season in which your head coach is really just a defensive coordinator and he named a running back as starting QB.
    I can.

But, this is the essence of my warning. I'm prepared for the worst, and hoping for the best. Not expecting anything, except an exciting brand of football. I hope.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cody View Post
    Thanks but this thread is merely an infusion of your opinion. The season hasn't even started, that's the reality. Your warning is very thoughtful though. It's like telling your mom you just met a girl that you think could be the one and her saying "I know the family, she'll probably give you the clap".

But I do like your idea about the humming, any ideas for a melody?
    Oh please. This whole board is simply an "infusion of your (and my) opinion". This is my opinion. Dispute it if you want.

If anyone has been paying attention these last 15 years, my opinion is pretty grounded in realism. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised than deeply disappointed. It's called "keeping your emotions in check".

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Ah, the old "infusion of reality" trick, eh?

Thanks for the enlightenment, but the reality is that nobody really knows how Tyrod Taylor will play in a real NFL game. Nobody has seen that before. What you call reality, I call opinion, speculation, and projection. THAT'S reality.

Now, the numbers say that most quarterbacks don't pan out in the NFL, so "the odds" are on your side. From the standpoint of chance or probability, you have more of a chance to come back and tell everybody " I told you so," when really your opinion was not based on any kind of real knowledge.
    Jesus. This is no "trick". That's why it's called "reality check".

Of course it's an opinion. You are staying an opinion. We are ALL stating opinions. Why can't people just accept that it's my opinion and you state yours.

My opinion is that a sixth round pick who has hardly played a down in the regular season and has a style of play that is very, very difficult to succeed int he NFL today. Too much speed on the defense. Smart defensive coaches on the other side.

My opinion is slo that I support Rex's decision especially considering the alternative of Cassel. EJ is not in the equation right now, but I think even he would be better than Cassel.

I do not do this for the "I told you so" moment. Maybe you do....I don't know. Why can't we just enjoy the give and take and the opinion making that makes the weeks before the season so magical.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Albany,n.y. View Post
    The fact that a 6th round QB is now in his 5th NFL season & has never been waived shows he's already exceeded his 6th round status.

Here are 2 late round QBs who were waived & put on practice squads and didn't have bad careers: Matt Hasselbeck & Mark Bulger. Both were backups before they were starters.
    Are you seriously using this as a metric to judge success??? That's he's never been waived???

I never said that there are NO examples of low round draft picks or non-drafted QB's succeeding in the NFL. But, run the numbers and check the facts.

Brady and Bulger were drafted in 2000....FIFTEEN YEARS AGO. Hasselbeck was drafted in 1998....EIGHTEEN YEARS AGO!!!

Three QB's in 18 YEARS. TWO HUNDRED and TWENTY TWO QB's have been drafted in that time. You site THREE. One is great, and two (in your own words) "didn't have bad careers".

You are making my argument for me.