X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Turf
    • Jul 2002

God the Bills are so stupid

I just got the email from WGR that Nix just proclamined we gonna geet us a Quarterback. I mean really? Can you imagine playing poker with this guy? I got 2 pairs what u got?
    Nothing like tipping your hat there Buddy. Just let the entire freaking league plan around your draft picks now and put yourself a disadvantage. I mean other teams literally, somewhere a GM fell out of his chair laughing at this one.
    If anyone wonders why there's no hope for One Bills Drive, look no further. Seriously. Really?
    Last edited by Turf; 11-09-2012, 01:24 PM.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: God the Bills are so stupid

not a big deal in my mind. i think the other gm's see that the bills aren't the worst team. they've got a great run game capable of breaking off long runs. but with a big time play making QB would make this offense very good with very little additional change.

the bills d has its issues, but they could very well be 2 starters and a DC who is willing to take risk to turn this thing around.

so that being said, everyone knows buffalo needs a qb. and the bills have avoided this with a serious draft pick since trent edwards. so he's playing with the small stack at a rich table.

plus he could f/ing levi brown us again and take a 7th round shot and say, "i told you we were gettinga qb and one i really like." don't underestimate the bills to let you down...even during the offseason.

Comment

• Slim
      • Apr 2004

This move helps buy a little patience/hope with the fans.

Comment

• streetkings01
        • Jul 2006

What does it matter if he comes out and says he's gonna draft a QB in the 1st round? How many mock drafts have you done where you guessed the first 5 picks correctly? Most teams already know who the top 5 picks are gonna be and what order their going on........it's no big deal.
        You can call me streetkings

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Turf View Post
          I just got the email from WGR that Nix just proclamined we gonna geet us a Quarterback. I mean really? Can you imagine playing poker with this guy? I got 2 pairs what u got?
          Nothing like tipping your hat there Buddy. Just let the entire freaking league plan around your draft picks now and put yourself a disadvantage. I mean other teams literally, somewhere a GM fell out of his chair laughing at this one.
          If anyone wonders why there's no hope for One Bills Drive, look no further. Seriously. Really?
          On one hand, I do agree that Buddy should be a bit more secretive about his plans.

On the other hand, the other teams get all our game film. I've never played a down of organized football in my life, and I can tell that the two biggest holes on this team are QB and LB. If I can figure it out, you can be damn sure the other 31 teams have figured it out. So, he really isn't giving much away. He's more or less just stating the obvious.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ThunderGun
            • Dec 2011

You really think other teams didn't already figure that out? And if Buddy was asked about it, and didn't give a definitive answer, we would all be *****ing about him NOT saying that they were gonna draft a QB.

Comment

• kingJofNYC
              • Sep 2009

He also said there wasn't a sure fire QB in this draft, not many good ones in the first, may take one on the second day.

Buddy's crazy, but I actually agree with him on the first day QB. We're drafting in the top 10 and there might be one QB worth taking in the top ten. Just don't try to force it, I don't want the next Jimmy Clausen or JP Losman.

Comment

• Gibby
                Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
                • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Turf View Post
                When your biggest weakness is that your qb can't complete a forward pass for more than 5 yards without the help of YAC, everyone else in the league pretty much knows that you are going to get a qb rather you say it or not. This shows that he at least acknowledges that this team has some problems at that position. I'd be more concerned if Buddy said "we needs to get ourselves a DB from the Ohio State University."

Comment

• Gibby
                  Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
                  • Jun 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                  On one hand, I do agree that Buddy should be a bit more secretive about his plans.

On the other hand, the other teams get all our game film. I've never played a down of organized football in my life, and I can tell that the two biggest holes on this team are QB and LB. If I can figure it out, you can be damn sure the other 31 teams have figured it out. So, he really isn't giving much away. He's more or less just stating the obvious.
                  I agree, as long as he didn't say we want Gino Smith or somebody specific I don't see what the problem is.

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

He said what several of us have said... There's no sure fire franchise guy in this draft at this point.

I would not be so sure that the 1st round is where we make that move. As I said before, if the ranks are close, they could take a higher ranked guy at another position first and draft one later.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                      • Sep 2003

Thanks Captain Obvious! My 20 month old baby knows the Bills need a quarterback.

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

... Also said Corners are in place, LT in place, and pass rush in place...

Glad to hear those aren't priorities in his mind; I agree.

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Observe the TOS guys... Let's tone it down please.

Comment

• trapezeus
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Oct 2004

question i'd have liked to see as a follow-up for buddy would hvae been.

"ok buddy, you are saying what everyone notices. Fitz isn't a long term answer. Is there a reason we don't see the other guys,namely a guy your traded for, taking over a position you know needs to be upgraded? Specifically in a season that technically could still be salvaged with a win this week?"

I think he got off light.

Comment

• X-Era
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                              question i'd have liked to see as a follow-up for buddy would hvae been.

"ok buddy, you are saying what everyone notices. Fitz isn't a long term answer. Is there a reason we don't see the other guys,namely a guy your traded for, taking over a position you know needs to be upgraded? Specifically in a season that technically could still be salvaged with a win this week?"

I think he got off light.
                              I'd agree.

But, if asked that what do we really think he'll say?
                              That he traded for a dummy who can't play because he can't learn the system?
                              That they have to still play Fitz because he isn't ready?
                              That they don't think Travaris would be much better?

We wouldn't get a real answer anyways.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡