We will go into last game of season with a shot at playoffs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gebobs
    One Bills Drive, Georgia - 871 miles south of Orchard Park
    • Sep 2003

Re: We will go into last game of season with a shot at playoffs!

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]16018[/ATTACH]
    Oh lookie...Chan Gailey! :-)

Trust me, I am not the least bit depressed about the Bills. I thought the defense would be better and they would go 9-7 or so, but I half expected them to do what they do best: tank.

They are not going anywhere this year and they never will under Chump Gailey. Every week is another travesty of coaching. Last week, the 150 yards in penalties should have been enough. If not that, then the timeout they had to call when the team wasn't ready after Spiller picked up a first on the last scoring drive and alertly went out of bounds.
    Lehner's history. He just doesn't know it yet.

Comment

• notacon
      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by coastal View Post
      Miami (2), Indi, Jville, St. Louis...

I see nothing in this schedule that lends me to believe we won't take each of these games.

Lets look at the positives right now...

We just took two AFC Superbowl contenders to the last minute... One of which we were fighting the refs damn near the whole game. None of the above teams represent that level of competition.

5 of the next 7 games are at home.

CJ Spiller and Fred Jackson are the best tandem in the league.

Stevie Johnson is an elite WR.

A healthy Cordy Glenn changes our offense.

We're a relatively healthy football team.

We got down 10-0 to the Pats on the road. We scrapped the whole game only to lose on the last play. This team isn't quitting.

There is every possibility of us getting to the Seatle game with a 7-6 record. Seattle doesn't impress me, so I can see a big win there followed by a another big win on the road against the Fish.

9-6.

Jets at home... Mario with a chance to do some mouth punching of his own.

Bottomline: The Bills haven't given up on this season, and neither have I!

I'll bet you $10,000 that you are dead wrong.

Comment

• notacon
        • Aug 2012

Just for the record....I predict that the Bills win no more than 2 games the rest of the year....most likely, just one.

Comment

• notacon
          • Aug 2012

Before you guys get all worked up over the close loss the NE.

Their defense sucks. Their secondary is one of the worst in the league.

NE's defense sucked last year too. They are defending AFC champs for two reasons.

Brady
          Belichick

The Bills have:

Fitzpatrick
          Gailey

Case closed!

Comment

• coastal
            Legendary Zoner
            • Mar 2005

We were one play from being one game back in the division. How anyone could have watched yesterday's game and not come away from it hungry for more is beyond me.

It's clear to me they are putting the work in and they are scrapping their asses off. This worm is going to turn for them.

haters-gonna-hate.jpg

Comment

• notacon
              • Aug 2012

We were one play from being one game back in the division. How anyone could have watched yesterday's game and not come away from it hungry for more is beyond me.

It's clear to me they are putting the work in and they are scrapping their asses off. This worm is going to turn for them.

How can anyone watch the Bills this whole season...and for the past 12 seasons....and not think that wishing upon a star for the playoffs is pretty silly.

The "worm will turn" for the Bils when two things happen. We get a real QB, and a new committed owner.

Comment

• BLeonard
                BoB Sabermetrician
                • Jan 2003

Like I said, 5k ZoneBucks says the Bills lose at least one of the 5 games you mentioned: Miami (2), Ind, Jax, StL.

You in?

-Bill

Comment

• coastal
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BLeonard View Post
                  Like I said, 5k ZoneBucks says the Bills lose at least one of the 5 games you mentioned: Miami (2), Ind, Jax, StL.

You in?

-Bill
                  Betting zonebux?

tumblr_l5m1vrd9ol1qbn5jpo1_500.jpg

Comment

• BLeonard
                    BoB Sabermetrician
                    • Jan 2003

Betting zonebux?
                    I don't care what you do with your personal life... This is about you saying the Bills will win these specific 5 games... I'm saying they won't.

If you were at all confident in your post, you'd have no issue taking the bet. Apparently, you just want to start long-winded threads that you have no stake in if you end up being wrong.

-Bill

Comment

• coastal
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

I don't care what you do with your personal life... This is about you saying the Bills will win these specific 5 games... I'm saying they won't.

If you were at all confident in your post, you'd have no issue taking the bet. Apparently, you just want to start long-winded threads that you have no stake in if you end up being wrong.

-Bill
                      zonebux ups the commitment I have to my opinion?

Really?

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                        • Feb 2005

I'd like to start a thread... But I don't have enough ZoneBux to have a stake.

Comment

• BLeonard
                          BoB Sabermetrician
                          • Jan 2003

zonebux ups the commitment I have to my opinion?

Really?
                          No, but it might be a small token that you actually stand by your opinion, instead of simply starting a thread and simply walking away and letting it die when you're wrong.

Hell, didn't you start a thread last Sunday called "The Season Ends Next Week"? Why, yes, yes you did: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...Ends-Next-Week

All's I'm saying is, if you believe your BS in this thread, put something on it, even fake money... But apparently, you don't even believe it enough to do that...

-Bill

Comment

• BLeonard
                            BoB Sabermetrician
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Yasgur's Farm View Post
                            I'd like to start a thread... But I don't have enough ZoneBux to have a stake.
                            I have no issue doing the same bet with you for 1k ZB... All's the Bills have to do is beat the Dolphins twice, the Colts, Jags and Rams...

Easy win for you and Coastal, right?? Should be a no-brainer.

-Bill

Comment

• coastal
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Mar 2005

No, but it might be a small token that you actually stand by your opinion, instead of simply starting a thread and simply walking away and letting it die when you're wrong.

Hell, didn't you start a thread last Sunday called "The Season Ends Next Week"? Why, yes, yes you did: http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...Ends-Next-Week

All's I'm saying is, if you believe your BS in this thread, put something on it, even fake money... But apparently, you don't even believe it enough to do that...

-Bill
                              look at the time that thread was started and all I ask is you take that into consideration.

as far as the rest... you'll just have to take my word for it.

Comment

• BLeonard
                                BoB Sabermetrician
                                • Jan 2003

look at the time that thread was started and all I ask is you take that into consideration.

as far as the rest... you'll just have to take my word for it.
                                Take your word for it, eh? Kinda like how, a month ago, you proudly claimed to be a 49ers fan?

-Bill

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡