Patriots QB Jacoby Brissett out QB Edelman to Possibly Face Bills.....Really!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

Patriots QB Jacoby Brissett out QB Edelman to Possibly Face Bills.....Really!?!

You gotta be kidding me, if Edelman starts and beats the Bills, Rex should get immediately get the ax. There's no excuse if the team loses to a 4th string QB and that is ground for coach termination, simply unforgivable!
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: Patriots QB Jacoby Brissett out QB Edelman to Possibly Face Bills.....Really!?!

If Brisett finished the game I think he can deal with the pain.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• k-oneputt
      • Jun 2009

Re: Patriots QB Jacoby Brissett out QB Edelman to Possibly Face Bills.....Really!?!

You don't really think Edelman is going to start do you ?

Comment

• sahlensguy
        • Mar 2015

Rex will hope that Edelman has an "off" day.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
          • Apr 2004

I think that team has an intelligence gathering system unmatched in professional sports. Somehow, it always looks like Belichick has the perfect game plan. no one is that good or that lucky.

Comment

• blackonyx89
            HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
            You don't really think Edelman is going to start do you ?
            He's their Emergency QB so it's not out of the question.
            Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

garappalo will be back. but I am all for as many qb's playing and having success. it keeps the light pointing at how much of an outlier belichick is. and at some point someone will have to address stats like 77-0 with halftime lead at home. there have been plenty of great coaches. none that have dealt with huge drop of in talent with 27-0 wins. combine it with BS penalities to the opposition, this is nothing more than the NFL helping build a large TV market for a largely dead fanbase. They go undefeated and win the superbowl this year to keep the fans happy.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
                garappalo will be back. but I am all for as many qb's playing and having success. it keeps the light pointing at how much of an outlier belichick is. and at some point someone will have to address stats like 77-0 with halftime lead at home. there have been plenty of great coaches. none that have dealt with huge drop of in talent with 27-0 wins. combine it with BS penalities to the opposition, this is nothing more than the NFL helping build a large TV market for a largely dead fanbase. They go undefeated and win the superbowl this year to keep the fans happy.
                A conspiracy doesn't make the Cardinals miss the winning field goal.

BB plays to win. Perhaps more than any other coach, he doesn't play it safe. He goes for it on 4th down on his own 28 against Manning. He has Garoppolo slinging in his debut, almost matching Tyrod's passing yards for the game - in the 1st quarter.

He cheats, he steals, he does what it takes to win.

The league may favor the Patriots winning, but BB gets the calls because he is aggressive. And you have to give him that.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

ESPN is reporting there is no tear in the thumb and that he is fine.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Buffalogic
                    Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                    • Feb 2006

That's too bad. If we lost to an Edelman lead pats team, Rex would surely be fired.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                      • Jun 2009

I can't stand Belichick, but he is the best coach in NFL history imo.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

Honestly the Pats are taking the excitement out of the entire NFL.

The whole point of free agency was to eliminate Dynasty's but these guys are going on how many years of dominance.

Don't get me wrong they deserve it just kind of getting old.

Comment

• Mace
                          Haha...yeah you think so ?
                          • Mar 2013

Originally posted by HHURRICANE View Post
                          Honestly the Pats are taking the excitement out of the entire NFL.

The whole point of free agency was to eliminate Dynasty's but these guys are going on how many years of dominance.

Don't get me wrong they deserve it just kind of getting old.
                          It's aggravating as anything but when they play you see a disciplined, focused purposeful team. Brissett gave his first touchdown ball to Belichick. Players take lower contracts to play there or keep playing there, and he gets the best out of them in a one for all, all for one sense.

I hate the Pats, but admire them immensely for the flexibility they've demonstrated on the fly to stay successful. If a genie gave me one wish to pick a football coach for the Bills from anyone in their prime of all time, it would be Belichick.

Comment

• WagonCircler
                            Escaped Convict
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
                            I can't stand Belichick, but he is the best coach in NFL history imo.
                            I'm still going with Lombardi.

But the evil genius is a close second. And whomever is third is a very distant third.

Comment

• The Beef
                              • Sep 2011

I would put money on the Pats stealing radio communication and knowing play calls.

However, it's amazing teams make deals with the Pats. BB knows the odds of draft picks actually producing are slim, so he constantly loads up by trading back. If I'm an opposing GM there's no way I'm gifting BB extra picks to move up 5-10 spots in a round.

Also BB's offensive scheme is pretty savage. Run a bunch of rub routes and let guys like Welker and Edelman carve you up. BB has almost always carried a hammer at RB too. Antwoian Smith, Corey Dillon, Blount. Then uses a lethal 3rd down back like Faulk or Dion Lewis. Throw in Moss and or Gronk for your once in a generation weapon and it's a pretty gnarly philosophy.

Sidenote I won't be suprised at all to see them bring in Karlos after week 4. He's Blount's heir apparent.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍