Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Here's what I would do, if I'm Beane and company, contract wise this offseason

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,080 Times in 4,277 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Here's what I would do, if I'm Beane and company, contract wise this offseason

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    OK. It's still going to take cap space we don't have to replace him.
    Please take your negativity to another thread. This was created with CONSTRUCTIVE intentions about what they can do to create cap space, not about your negative BS and how right you always are about how bad the Bills suck.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,601 Times in 6,155 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Here's what I would do, if I'm Beane and company, contract wise this offseason

And we've been dealing with tons of injuries all year. Injuries are part of the game and expecting to be healthy is just not realistic.
    You mentioned a huge gap between the teams .... that is false.

A mediocre at best Raven team had most of their defense available and if you were being honest they deserved to win that game.

We have the stronger roster and it's not close.
    33 - Coleman - WR
    60 - Bishop - Safety
    95 - Carter - DT

3. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (01-24-2023)

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,307 Times in 15,454 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Yea, I don't think the gap is that large either, but the Bills need to get better in the trenches on both sides of the ball, as well as find a legit #2 receiver.

5. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (01-24-2023),TacklingDummy (01-24-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-24-2023),Woodman (01-24-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Historian View Post
    Yea, I don't think the gap is that large either, but the Bills need to get better in the trenches on both sides of the ball, as well as find a legit #2 receiver.
    What I don't understand his how did Oliver disappear? He was dominant most of the year, but he was invisible Sunday. The entire line was. It's not like these are talentless bums, sure they aren't Bosas or Parsons, but Rousseau seemed like he was barely on the field. Is it coaching? Is it scheme? Why is it that every time the Bills blitz, the blitzer seems to run directly into the defensive line?

7. Post thanked by:

Historian (01-24-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-24-2023),YardRat (01-24-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The gap isn't huge between us and KC/CIN but there is a gap. And the problem is we'll likely have to beat both of those teams every year in the playoffs to even make the Super Bowl for the next 5-7 years.

We need to do something to close the gap there because if we stay status quo, we're just going to slip further and further behind both of them.

Say we get that 30m because everything falls the way FL points out in the original post....7ish of that is gone to the draft so we have basically 23m to find an explosive playmaker on offense, a real middle linebacker because we ain't spending half of that to bring back Edmunds, a new starting safety because we ain't spending a third of that to bring back Poyer, a corner who can play man as well as zone because Joe Burrow absolutely torched our zone defense, and at the minimum a right tackle. Plus resigning our RFAs and the ST guys will take 10m of that.

This is what happens when you get that stud QB and why your window isn't open for very long because you have to make very difficult decisions on roster management.

BTW I'd throw in cutting McKenzie. Cap hit 2.5m, 300k in dead cap. With where we are, and what he doesn't bring to the table, that 2.2m could be better spent elsewhere.

9. Post thanked by:

Historian (01-24-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-24-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

OK. It's still going to take cap space we don't have to replace him.
    We will be fine. It’s not like the seasons over and Beane says; well let’s take a look at where we’re at and says holy ***** I didn’t know that, we’re screwed! Believe it or not, they know pretty much what the numbers are, how many players are under contract, who’s a FA on our team and on all the others, what the cap number is, who the want to resign or let walk and who do we want to pursue in FA and how do we get there?
    Retired Air Traffic Controller
    USAF VETERAN
    DAV

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    What I don't understand his how did Oliver disappear? He was dominant most of the year, but he was invisible Sunday. The entire line was. It's not like these are talentless bums, sure they aren't Bosas or Parsons, but Rousseau seemed like he was barely on the field. Is it coaching? Is it scheme? Why is it that every time the Bills blitz, the blitzer seems to run directly into the defensive line?
    I think they double him most of the game and said let the other 3 linemen and Edmunds try to stop our running game.

12. Post thanked by:

Historian (01-24-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-24-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Could it be Shakir? BTW Davis will be playing for a contract!

14. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (01-24-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,308 Times in 13,733 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Please take your negativity to another thread. This was created with CONSTRUCTIVE intentions about what they can do to create cap space, not about your negative BS and how right you always are about how bad the Bills suck.
    It's not negativity. It's the reality of the situation. You can't start a thread about the cap and then get upset when people say it's going to take cap space to replace FA's. You're reacting to your perception of me and not what I actually said.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Trenches trenches trenches !!!!!!

WR2 would be great.

Could there be another AJ Brown out there?

17. Post thanked by:

Historian (01-24-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kgun12 View Post
    I like him but at six foot, 190, my guess is that he moves into the 3rd role.

We need a Waddle or Moulds type that can wrestle the ball away from DBs.

19. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (01-24-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-24-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kgun12 View Post
    This could possibly work itself out with what we have in house.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There is a big gap between the Bills and any team who shows up to play a hard-fought physical game and follows through on doing that for four quarters. I don't care if it's the Texans all they need to do is show up with their heads in the game and punch us in the mouth and we are done. Toast.

All we do is trade one weakness for another that gets exploited in this system that requires everything to be perfect in order to have success.

22. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

AJ Brown type.

24. Post thanked by:

Historian (01-24-2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,793 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We need that ... and another guy with real speed who can separate....then we need to get our heads so deeply far out of our asses about how we use the RBs in the passing game.

It's not that ****ing complicated! McDermott seems to understand it in his post game/season banter all the time. It just never gets done. **** that. See ya.

- - - Updated - - -

We don't even use our RBs right in the running game. Why is everyone so keen on keeping these clowns around?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Using Knox more would be nice too.

27. Post thanked by:

The last buffalo fan (01-24-2023),YardRat (01-24-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Oh and one last thought on the "gap".

I'm sorry, but it chaps my ass every time I hear something like....The Chiefs are going to their 5th straight AFCCG!!!!

Gimme a break.

The AFC West is a joke, and has been a one horse division since the 1970 merger. In the 70s and first half of the 80s it belonged to the Raiders, then the next 15 years belonged to Denver.

Now it's KC's. It's easy to get to the Championship every year when you win your division in November. That's six wins right off the bat.

As much as I hate Cincinnati, I think they're going to roll KC again, because KC is about on par with us.

But a big part of their success is getting all these playoff games at home.

Think of that economic boom over the years.

29. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (01-24-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-24-2023)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Using Knox more would be nice too.
    Absolutely.

And remember how we won the AFL title in 1965?

Dubenion and Bass were both lost during the season due to injury.

So what does Saban do?

Run a two tight end offense.

Final score: Buffalo 23, San Diego 0.

31. Post thanked by:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Typ0 View Post
    There is a big gap between the Bills and any team who shows up to play a hard-fought physical game and follows through on doing that for four quarters. I don't care if it's the Texans all they need to do is show up with their heads in the game and punch us in the mouth and we are done. Toast.

All we do is trade one weakness for another that gets exploited in this system that requires everything to be perfect in order to have success.
    Not true are wins this year against physical teams were the Jets, Titans, Ravens and the Lions who everyone say is a smash mouth team and maybe the Chiefs game.

The Vikings was the only finesse team to beat us. I consider every divisional game physical.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,185 Times in 5,914 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

How is KC not in cap trouble? Kelce volunteering? To say there can be no improvement with restructuring and or cutting players (eating any dead money if it frees up space.

changes will be made. If KC can continue to do it so can Buffalo.

34. Post thanked by:

Historian (01-24-2023),Jeff1220 (01-25-2023),TacklingDummy (01-24-2023),The last buffalo fan (01-24-2023)