Thread: God the Bills are so stupid

Thanks
    Thanked 2,480 Times in 1,478 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

God the Bills are so stupid

I just got the email from WGR that Nix just proclamined we gonna geet us a Quarterback. I mean really? Can you imagine playing poker with this guy? I got 2 pairs what u got?
    Nothing like tipping your hat there Buddy. Just let the entire freaking league plan around your draft picks now and put yourself a disadvantage. I mean other teams literally, somewhere a GM fell out of his chair laughing at this one.
    If anyone wonders why there's no hope for One Bills Drive, look no further. Seriously. Really?
    Last edited by Turf; 11-09-2012 at 12:24 PM.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: God the Bills are so stupid

not a big deal in my mind. i think the other gm's see that the bills aren't the worst team. they've got a great run game capable of breaking off long runs. but with a big time play making QB would make this offense very good with very little additional change.

the bills d has its issues, but they could very well be 2 starters and a DC who is willing to take risk to turn this thing around.

so that being said, everyone knows buffalo needs a qb. and the bills have avoided this with a serious draft pick since trent edwards. so he's playing with the small stack at a rich table.

plus he could f/ing levi brown us again and take a 7th round shot and say, "i told you we were gettinga qb and one i really like." don't underestimate the bills to let you down...even during the offseason.

3. Post thanked by:

Billz_fan (11-09-2012),Tatonka (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This move helps buy a little patience/hope with the fans.

5. Post thanked by:

coastal (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,102 Times in 597 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What does it matter if he comes out and says he's gonna draft a QB in the 1st round? How many mock drafts have you done where you guessed the first 5 picks correctly? Most teams already know who the top 5 picks are gonna be and what order their going on........it's no big deal.
    You can call me streetkings

Thanks
    Thanked 26,210 Times in 13,678 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Turf View Post
    I just got the email from WGR that Nix just proclamined we gonna geet us a Quarterback. I mean really? Can you imagine playing poker with this guy? I got 2 pairs what u got?
    Nothing like tipping your hat there Buddy. Just let the entire freaking league plan around your draft picks now and put yourself a disadvantage. I mean other teams literally, somewhere a GM fell out of his chair laughing at this one.
    If anyone wonders why there's no hope for One Bills Drive, look no further. Seriously. Really?
    On one hand, I do agree that Buddy should be a bit more secretive about his plans.

On the other hand, the other teams get all our game film. I've never played a down of organized football in my life, and I can tell that the two biggest holes on this team are QB and LB. If I can figure it out, you can be damn sure the other 31 teams have figured it out. So, he really isn't giving much away. He's more or less just stating the obvious.

8. Post thanked by:

Billz_fan (11-09-2012),IlluminatusUIUC (11-10-2012),Tatonka (11-09-2012),ThunderGun (11-09-2012),trapezeus (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You really think other teams didn't already figure that out? And if Buddy was asked about it, and didn't give a definitive answer, we would all be *****ing about him NOT saying that they were gonna draft a QB.

10. Post thanked by:

djjimkelly (11-09-2012),trapezeus (11-09-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He also said there wasn't a sure fire QB in this draft, not many good ones in the first, may take one on the second day.

Buddy's crazy, but I actually agree with him on the first day QB. We're drafting in the top 10 and there might be one QB worth taking in the top ten. Just don't try to force it, I don't want the next Jimmy Clausen or JP Losman.

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

When your biggest weakness is that your qb can't complete a forward pass for more than 5 yards without the help of YAC, everyone else in the league pretty much knows that you are going to get a qb rather you say it or not. This shows that he at least acknowledges that this team has some problems at that position. I'd be more concerned if Buddy said "we needs to get ourselves a DB from the Ohio State University."

Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 4,183 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    On one hand, I do agree that Buddy should be a bit more secretive about his plans.

On the other hand, the other teams get all our game film. I've never played a down of organized football in my life, and I can tell that the two biggest holes on this team are QB and LB. If I can figure it out, you can be damn sure the other 31 teams have figured it out. So, he really isn't giving much away. He's more or less just stating the obvious.
    I agree, as long as he didn't say we want Gino Smith or somebody specific I don't see what the problem is.

14. Post thanked by:

OpIv37 (11-09-2012),trapezeus (11-09-2012)

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He said what several of us have said... There's no sure fire franchise guy in this draft at this point.

I would not be so sure that the 1st round is where we make that move. As I said before, if the ranks are close, they could take a higher ranked guy at another position first and draft one later.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks Captain Obvious! My 20 month old baby knows the Bills need a quarterback.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

... Also said Corners are in place, LT in place, and pass rush in place...

Glad to hear those aren't priorities in his mind; I agree.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Observe the TOS guys... Let's tone it down please.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,218 Times in 1,859 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

question i'd have liked to see as a follow-up for buddy would hvae been.

"ok buddy, you are saying what everyone notices. Fitz isn't a long term answer. Is there a reason we don't see the other guys,namely a guy your traded for, taking over a position you know needs to be upgraded? Specifically in a season that technically could still be salvaged with a win this week?"

I think he got off light.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by trapezeus View Post
    question i'd have liked to see as a follow-up for buddy would hvae been.

"ok buddy, you are saying what everyone notices. Fitz isn't a long term answer. Is there a reason we don't see the other guys,namely a guy your traded for, taking over a position you know needs to be upgraded? Specifically in a season that technically could still be salvaged with a win this week?"

I think he got off light.
    I'd agree.

But, if asked that what do we really think he'll say?
    That he traded for a dummy who can't play because he can't learn the system?
    That they have to still play Fitz because he isn't ready?
    That they don't think Travaris would be much better?

We wouldn't get a real answer anyways.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,961 Times in 1,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by X-Era View Post
    ... Also said Corners are in place, LT in place, and pass rush in place...

Glad to hear those aren't priorities in his mind; I agree.
    I'm not sure about pass rush being in place. Our most consistent pass rusher since Anderson went down is Kyle Moore, that's not what I call ideal. Anderson has one double digit sack season since his rookie year, before last season he couldn't crack the 5 sack barrier. This draft is absolutely loaded with high quality pass rushers and if one is there we should definitely take one. Or another OL, Warmack would be a force up front.

I don't see a game breaking WR, Hunter/Allen are the closest but they've been inconsistent this year. Don't see a top flight LB. I'm going with a DL, specifically DE. We have nothing behind Kyle and Dareus, and nothing behind Mario Williams. Anderson had one good season and cashed in, he's not consistent, need an upgrade.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

how do you know he didnt say it just to fool everyone and draft a different position? how do you know he meant first round.. how do you know he didnt mean phillip rivers?
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Phillip Rivers a Bill. You wait and see…..

Registered User IlluminatusUIUC's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,165 Times in 3,360 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Do you remember how he handled the Marshawn Lynch trade? Waiting until the trade deadline, after we had already drafted Spiller and clearly made it obvious to the world that we weren't re-signing him? Buddy's just not a wheeler and dealer.

Billszone 2013 Prediction Contest winner!

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i don't care what round they draft a QB. i just want to see one that can help the Bills win.
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.