• Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Salary Cap estimated to be $220 Million

Originally posted by sahlensguy View Post
    That's only partially right.

Without marketing the game to kids, it would be dead in two generations. Autographs, merchandise, youth football...the game needs families.
    Fair point, but the game itself is based on violence and has always objectified women and embraced alcohol. Hell, the first time I went to a Bills game in the early 90's, there was a giant Marlboro ad right next to the Jumbotron. The gambling is nothing.

The league drives me nuts with this, though. They want parents paying for tickets for kids who are barely old enough to understand the game, but will want overpriced merch and $5 hot dogs once they're in the stadium, but they also make a ton of money selling and advertising booze, so they want to embrace the party atmosphere at the same time. They're constantly playing both sides. It's really irritating.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

NFL teams could give all of their tickets away for free, for the entire season, and still make millions and millions of dollars.

Comment

• mightysimi
        Buckle me in on the highway of sin
        • Mar 2010

Clarify scantily clad.

NFL cheerleaders are not dressed inappropriately. It's the sexist oglers that make it a problem.
        The same argument can be made about gambling. It's only a problem if you can't control yourself.

Comment

• kgun12
          • Jul 2002

Of course and if you want to make that your crusade, I won't try to stop you.
          Not sure what the hell that means. All I said that alcohol has the same effect meaning both are vices that can have bad outcomes. Not sure where you’re going?
          Retired Air Traffic Controller
          USAF VETERAN
          DAV

Comment

• kgun12
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
            Fair point, but the game itself is based on violence and has always objectified women and embraced alcohol. Hell, the first time I went to a Bills game in the early 90's, there was a giant Marlboro ad right next to the Jumbotron. The gambling is nothing.

The league drives me nuts with this, though. They want parents paying for tickets for kids who are barely old enough to understand the game, but will want overpriced merch and $5 hot dogs once they're in the stadium, but they also make a ton of money selling and advertising booze, so they want to embrace the party atmosphere at the same time. They're constantly playing both sides. It's really irritating.
            Agree again.
            USAF VETERAN
            DAV

Comment

• Woodman
              Legendary Zoner
              • Apr 2014

I'm betting there's a considerable increase.

28 **60 **128 **133 **144 **160
              163 **189 **200 **204 **248

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                NFL teams could give all of their tickets away for free, for the entire season, and still make millions and millions of dollars.
                Could do that but won't dammit.

28 **60 **128 **133 **144 **160
                163 **189 **200 **204 **248

Comment

• notacon
                  • Aug 2012

Clarify scantily clad.

NFL cheerleaders are not dressed inappropriately. It's the sexist oglers that make it a problem.
                  Uhhhhhh.....NFL cheerleaders (for the most part) are dressed to encourage “oglers” and that is the only reason they are there....and ogling has nothing to do with being "sexist”.

If any women in the stands were dressed this way at any NFL game (or on any street), it absolutely would be considered “inappropriate”.

Comment

• kgun12
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                    Uhhhhhh.....NFL cheerleaders (for the most part) are dressed to encourage “oglers” and that is the only reason they are there....and ogling has nothing to do with being "sexist”.

If any women in the stands were dressed this way at any NFL game (or on any street), it absolutely would be considered “inappropriate”.
                    I guess those would be good examples of scantily clad!

If anyone thinks the NFL gives a damn their fan objectifying women or players you’re kidding yourself. Look at ticket prices or the blackout rule. Like was said, the NFL doesn’t need tickets sales at all. As far as the players all you have to do is rewatch the Bills/Dolphins and and Tia stumbling all over the field with a “back injury”.

The NFL ONLY CARES about one thing and one thing only…Profits and be damned who gets in their way!
                    USAF VETERAN
                    DAV

Comment

• notacon
                      • Aug 2012

Originally posted by kgun12 View Post
                      I guess those would be good examples of scantily clad!
                      Ya think?!?!?!?

Put it this way. I have two daughters. Enough said.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                        • Mar 2015

Not sure what the hell that means. All I said that alcohol has the same effect meaning both are vices that can have bad outcomes. Not sure where you’re going?
                        I believed that you brought up the alcohol equivalency to criticize me for not condemning both gambling and alcohol. My point was brought up to criticize you for not condemning either.

Comment

• kgun12
                          • Jul 2002

I was commenting that alcohol is as bad as gambling, nothing more, really. Got to tell you I read this stuff on my phone so I magnify the text, most of the time I don’t even know who wrote the post. Had nothing to do with you.
                          USAF VETERAN
                          DAV

Comment

• sahlensguy
                            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by notacon View Post

I f you have a problem with the cheerleaders, go ahead make it an issue. I'm okay with it. There is much more exposed skin at any of my kid's youth swim meets and that's okay too. They are comfortable in their own skin and that's a good thing.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                              • Mar 2015

I was commenting that alcohol is as bad as gambling, nothing more, really. Got to tell you I read this stuff on my phone so I magnify the text, most of the time I don’t even know who wrote the post. Had nothing to do with you.
                              I didn't take it personally. No worries. I took it that you attacked the gambling issue unfairly.

Comment

• sahlensguy
                                • Mar 2015

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post

And if the CTE issue comes to full light, youth football will be severely hindered. They want to stand for Cancer awareness, the military etc while reaping the exposure but cant even stand up to the DeShawn Watsons of league. Its a joke which sucks, because it's the ultimate team sport.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍