Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Keep Gailey

Thanks
    Thanked 5,814 Times in 3,476 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Keep Gailey

I see what Mahdi is saying and to an extent it does make sense. Continuity is crucial in the NFL. With that said, Gailey should be fired within a week. He made too many stupid ass decisions that trumps any kind if continuity we need to keep. We need a new QB, DC, and a bunch if LBs if we're ever going to win. Might as well get a new coach while we're at it.

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,841 Times in 6,258 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jamze132 View Post
    I see what Mahdi is saying and to an extent it does make sense. Continuity is crucial in the NFL. With that said, Gailey should be fired within a week. He made too many stupid ass decisions that trumps any kind if continuity we need to keep. We need a new QB, DC, and a bunch if LBs if we're ever going to win. Might as well get a new coach while we're at it.
    The new QB we get also needs more weapons at wideout.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    The new QB we get also needs more weapons at wideout.
    Bowe would look much better in blue than he did in red.

4. Post thanked by:

pmoon6 (12-27-2012)

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Bowe would look much better in blue than he did in red.
    I'd take him, but do you think a team like KC, who also lack offensive weapons, will let him walk?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,831 Times in 2,091 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mahdi View Post
    There are lots of valid points here, no question about that. But I still feel that Gailey can improve and has an inside track on the team that will help him to fix what needs to be fixed.

You also have to take Nix into the equation. Nix has a good feel for what we all know needs to be fixed. I am fairly certain that he will ensure the issues are addressed.

Gailey, despite all his errors, can do better with better talent at key positions.

You guys forget that the Colts threw their OC in to the HC job and still did well. Luck is the reason for that. No one can tell me that Bruce Arians is such a special coach and the Colts have a super roster. Luck is the difference between us and them. And you can definitely argue that we have way more talent than they do on both sides of the ball.

Gailey made some errors this year, but with a talented QB he can have the Bills in the playoffs too.
    You can't be serious. I thought this thread was made just to see how many replies you'd get & to let us all vent our anger over how bad a coach Gailey is, but I'm starting to believe you really want Gailey back. So which AFC East coach are you, Bellichick, Philbin or Ryan? They're about the only people that have seen Chan coach and want him back on the Bills sideline in 2013.

7. Post thanked by:

jlgarsh (12-27-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,698 Times in 2,473 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by pmoon6 View Post
    I'd take him, but do you think a team like KC, who also lack offensive weapons, will let him walk?
    Well, he is older & the Chiefs are cleaning house this offseason, so I think it is very possible they let him go. If he refuses to sign a new contract, I doubt they tag him.

Legendary Zoner
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by better days View Post
    Well, he is older & the Chiefs are cleaning house this offseason, so I think it is very possible they let him go. If he refuses to sign a new contract, I doubt they tag him.
    Good point.

Thanks
    Thanked 26,210 Times in 13,678 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

There are lots of valid points here, no question about that. But I still feel that Gailey can improve and has an inside track on the team that will help him to fix what needs to be fixed.

You also have to take Nix into the equation. Nix has a good feel for what we all know needs to be fixed. I am fairly certain that he will ensure the issues are addressed.

Gailey, despite all his errors, can do better with better talent at key positions.

You guys forget that the Colts threw their OC in to the HC job and still did well. Luck is the reason for that. No one can tell me that Bruce Arians is such a special coach and the Colts have a super roster. Luck is the difference between us and them. And you can definitely argue that we have way more talent than they do on both sides of the ball.

Gailey made some errors this year, but with a talented QB he can have the Bills in the playoffs too.
    I'm not sure that I entirely agree with this, but for the sake of argument, I will accept your premise. Here's the problem, though: where are we going to find that talent? Specifically, who's our Andrew Luck and how do we be sure that we get him?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I really hate the idea of a coaching change again. We have seen this to many times.
    But Chans record is terrible. And it doesn't look like it will get any better.
    if I saw anything that pointed in the right direction, I would agree with the op.
    instead we get blown out more times than we win. And all he can say is that he doesn't have the answers.
    he keeps doing the same things over and over and is expecting different results. I think we all know the old saying.

Unfortunately IMO, he has to go. I would love to see them be able to stay the course. But what's their record in the division? Besides, to me he looks beat up. I'm not sure he has the drive anymore.. It seems to me it has been beaten out of him.
    i just hope they can actually find a competent replacement so we are not doing this again in 3 years.
    thats another thing that happens over and over and never seems to change for the better.
    Its kinda like having Charlie Brown as the team mascot.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,184 Times in 712 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I'm not sure that I entirely agree with this, but for the sake of argument, I will accept your premise. Here's the problem, though: where are we going to find that talent? Specifically, who's our Andrew Luck and how do we be sure that we get him?
    That is the thing the Bills FO needs to find out. Who is going to QB this team.

We have had a bunch of coaches here and none have panned out BUT we also had no QB in that same time span.

I really don't see a point in bringing in the next Joe Blow who will blow everything up and restart. We all know we're not getting Gruden or Cowher so do you really want to start from scratch with another unknown coach?

I'd rather let Gailey work it out, get more talent in here and improve further on our positives.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

That is the thing the Bills FO needs to find out. Who is going to QB this team.

We have had a bunch of coaches here and none have panned out BUT we also had no QB in that same time span.

I really don't see a point in bringing in the next Joe Blow who will blow everything up and restart. We all know we're not getting Gruden or Cowher so do you really want to start from scratch with another unknown coach?

I'd rather let Gailey work it out, get more talent in here and improve further on our positives.
    Dude I know you're a smart guy but come on. We won 5 games this year. Gailey didn't even win 1/3 of the games he coached in Buffalo. What is there to continue to work on. We actually regressed as a team this year. He and his friend Fitz need to go.

14. Post thanked by:

pmoon6 (12-27-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,438 Times in 7,062 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If he cant make the team competitive AS IS, Gailey will need an ALL PRO team to get us deep into the playoffs. Even then , that wouldn't guarantee he can win a superbowl. The guy hardly even knows what a play action is.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan View Post
    If he cant make the team competitive AS IS, Gailey will need an ALL PRO team to get us deep into the playoffs. Even then , that wouldn't guarantee he can win a superbowl. The guy hardly even knows what a play action is.
    I don't agree.

If Gailey had Andy Dalton and a legit #2 on offense plus an impact LB and a veteran CB opposite Gilmore this is a playoff team. I'll take a playoff team for now and then worry about making the SB later.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,425 Times in 14,144 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Absolutely not. Gailey has done nothing to change this team for the positive and refuses to even use our best player. Fire him and move on.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

18. Post thanked by:

jlgarsh (12-27-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't agree.

If Gailey had Andy Dalton and a legit #2 on offense plus an impact LB and a veteran CB opposite Gilmore this is a playoff team. I'll take a playoff team for now and then worry about making the SB later.
    No way Just adding Dalton gets us 4-5 more wins necessary. Gailey was out coached by just about everyone this year. Did you see the one where they did a QB sneak on 1st down? Gailey often out coaches himself, and I'm not trying to be a funny guy. Today's NFL is too much for Gailey as a HC.

20. Post thanked by:

jlgarsh (12-27-2012)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Dude I know you're a smart guy but come on. We won 5 games this year. Gailey didn't even win 1/3 of the games he coached in Buffalo. What is there to continue to work on. We actually regressed as a team this year. He and his friend Fitz need to go.
    Its a QB league and we don't have one, we don't have one on defense either. Gailey and Wanny step into every game with a huge disadvantage before the game even starts because the key guys on either side of the ball are just lesser than their counterparts.

Fitz fooled us all. Gailey included. While Gailey has a big share in that blame I think if he was more fortunate and had one of the young QBs in the league we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No way Just adding Dalton gets us 4-5 more wins necessary. Gailey was out coached by just about everyone this year. Did you see the one where they did a QB sneak on 1st down? Gailey often out coaches himself, and I'm not trying to be a funny guy. Today's NFL is too much for Gailey as a HC.
    The QB sneak on first down was Fitz not Gailey. Fitz did it to avoid a delay of game.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't agree.

Interesting, because Marvin Lewis has Andy Dalton and no number 2 wide receiver and can make the playoffs.

24. Post thanked by:

jlgarsh (12-27-2012)

Thanks
    Thanked 24,425 Times in 14,144 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Its a QB league and we don't have one, we don't have one on defense either. Gailey and Wanny step into every game with a huge disadvantage before the game even starts because the key guys on either side of the ball are just lesser than their counterparts.

Fitz fooled us all. Gailey included. While Gailey has a big share in that blame I think if he was more fortunate and had one of the young QBs in the league we wouldn't be having this discussion.
    No he didn't. Many people said the extension was not a smart decision. Maybe you were fooled, and Gailey certainly was, but don't attempt to say that Fitz had us all fooled because that's not even close to true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EDS View Post
    Interesting, because Marvin Lewis has Andy Dalton and no number 2 wide receiver and can make the playoffs.
    Combination of Gresham, Hawkins, Sanu, and Binns though makes up for lack of true #2.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The QB sneak on first down was Fitz not Gailey. Fitz did it to avoid a delay of game.
    As for Dalton, he turned the Bengals around so why not us? I suppose their HC is that good? He has been on the hot seat for 5 years. They stuck with him, they got a QB and now they are challenging in a very tough division.