Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wow shots fired by cte guru on Dolphins

We play to win the game! BuffaloBlitz83's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Wow shots fired by cte guru on Dolphins

https://twitter.com/ChrisNowinski1/s...59558613172224

This is a disaster. Pray for Tua. Fire the medical staffs and coaches. I predicted this and I hate that I am right. Two concussions in 5 days can kill someone. This can end careers. How are we so stupid in 2022.

Do you read what you write? Oaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Wow shots fired by cte guru on Dolphins

As a table-breaking member of #billsmafia I hate what just happened and hate our part in it with Milano's late shove last week. Literally career, even life-threatening. Kid did not deserve this after getting his career on track as he has. Devastating. Praying for him.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,272 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Someone at the NFL should be fired too. Their little fake "investigation" this week was a joke.

4. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (09-29-2022),kgun12 (09-29-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,073 Times in 2,008 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Man I wanted to believe it was just a back injury, **** this team for lying about that

6. Post thanked by:

DraftBoy (09-30-2022),kgun12 (09-29-2022),kscdogbillsfan1221 (09-29-2022),mightysimi (10-03-2022),tomz (09-30-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 6,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    Someone at the NFL should be fired too. Their little fake "investigation" this week was a joke.
    Just so much bull****.
    28**60**128**133**144**160**163**200**204**248

Thanks
    Thanked 12,388 Times in 7,272 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mike13 View Post
    Man I wanted to believe it was just a back injury, **** this team for lying about that
    How could you have seen how he acted after the Milano hit and believed that was a back injury? This isn't about hating the Dolphins. That was so obvious. He was wobbling around like a wee bull.

9. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (09-29-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Novacane View Post
    How could you have seen how he acted after the Milano hit and believed that was a back injury? This isn't about hating the Dolphins. That was so obvious. He was wobbling around like a wee bull.
    I was naive

11. Post thanked by:

kgun12 (09-30-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 6,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The investigation

The investigation over Tua Tagovailoa re-entering Sunday’s game becomes much more important

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ore-important/

Like most everyone reading this, I keep watching the game between the Dolphins and Bengals. But I’m far less focused on the action and far more interested in knowing whether Miami quarterback Tua Tagovailoa is OK.

It’s great to hear — repeatedly — that he has movement in all extremities. But that only means he doesn’t have a neck injury. It doesn’t say anything about the injury to his brain.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The investigation

The NFLPA had the balls to say they care about player safety on Twitter

Thanks
    Thanked 4,337 Times in 2,075 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm not going to say "told you so"; as a fan of a team I know how much you want to believe what they said is true. This isn't the dolphins fan's fault. We don't know what happened last week either. I do have a suspicion about what happened last week though. Take this with a spoon of salt but...

Tua was rushed into the locker room after he wobbled half carried by the dolphins medical staff. Why does this matter? because the NFL concussion protocol "tents" are on the sidelines; by taking him to the locker room they bought him 5-15 minutes before a protocol doctor could see him and test him. Now a minor concussion can have its symptoms mostly vanish in a few minutes, it's why some people wobble on the field from what appears to be a head injury, only for them to leave the tent and return to the field minutes later. You never know. Considering Tua's behavior and play after the Milano hit, I'm willing to believe it was a minor concussion. I've had those too, and you can seemingly recover from them in moments-minutes, and be largely symptom free for a few hours (though i've had some intense headaches a day later).

So I believe he probably did pass the NFL concussion protocol because the protocol is not sufficient enough to protect players from themselves.

I also think the Dolphins rushed him to the locker room because they wanted to avoid the concussion protocol tents on the sideline and buy him some time to clear his head.

As for the back story? Who knows, he might have tweaked his back in the game. maybe a light sprain so it may not even have been a lie. But his stumble from milano's shove was clearly a sign of a concussion not a back problem, tua never reaches for his back or leg on that play, it's obvious it's a head thing because he even shakes his head to clear the cobwebs.

Now the milano concussion obviously was minor, but the problem is, according to every sports medicine doctor i've ever talked to, players should be withheld from contact for 7-10 days after ANY concussion. So by covering it up, or even lying to themselves it wasn't a concussion, the dolphins put tua in massive danger tonight. just 4 days after a concussion.

I'm glad he's good enough to fly back with his team, that tells me this was a moderate concussion not a severe one, no matter how scary it looks (no doctor would let someone fly if it was a truly traumatic brain injury); I hope this time the team follows doctor guidance and errors on the side of caution and makes sure he is completely well before letting him play again.
    My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

15. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (09-29-2022),John Doe (09-30-2022),kgun12 (09-30-2022),Mace (09-30-2022),Novacane (09-30-2022),TigerJ (09-30-2022)

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,061 Times in 4,265 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

BuT wE cARe abOut PlaYEr SaFEty

17. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (09-30-2022),kgun12 (09-30-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It's ALMOST as disgusting as the NFL saying it.

Registered User kscdogbillsfan1221's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,898 Times in 2,082 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

aren't they the ones who started the investigation?
    I came.
    I saw.
    I conquered.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,527 Times in 17,420 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm pretty sure the team violated the protocol the second they skipped the sideline and went right to the locker room. Any initial finding should be a no-brainer and confirmed immediately.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

21. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (09-30-2022),Jeff1220 (09-30-2022),Mace (09-30-2022)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat View Post
    I'm pretty sure the team violated the protocol the second they skipped the sideline and went right to the locker room. Any initial finding should be a no-brainer and confirmed immediately.
    I'm not sure if this is the case, only because it was so close to halftime.

Either way, the staff at the stadium completely screwed the pooch.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,527 Times in 17,420 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the case, only because it was so close to halftime.

Either way, the staff at the stadium completely screwed the pooch.
    I don't think the time of the game matters, the initial exam is supposed to be given on the sideline.

https://static.www.nfl.com/image/upl...fsivvia3ie.pdf

Page 8..."the player must be removed immediately to the sideline or stabilized on the field......and the player must undergo the entire NFL Sideline Concussion Assessment."

Language on prior pages details the requirement to have a UNC (Unaffiliated Neurotrauma Consultant) on each sideline and a third in the booth. As well as additional 'spotters' and the list of Potential Concussion Signs which includes "motor coordination/balance problems of neurologic etiology (stumbles, trips, falls, etc)."

As soon as he wobbled he should been sent to the sideline for the examination, and it doesn't matter if the issue truly was his back or not. It's the UNC's responsibility to rule out concussion and send him to the locker room to have his back evaluated if that was the case.

24. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (09-30-2022),Mace (09-30-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,695 Times in 7,755 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

After the game, on Amazon Prime’s post game show, Andrew Whitworth told a story about a game in which he was concussed.

Paraphrasing.....he said that his bell was rung and he knew it was a concussion. He went through the concussion protocol, but he said it’s pretty easy to get through that if you are not obviously dizzy and out of it.

So....despite the fact that he knew he should not, he went back in the game, like big strong football players do.

A TEAMMATE noticed that he was “not quite right”, told him so, and went to the coaches. They pulled him from the game.

Andrew said that his teammate might have saved his life.

The LAST person in the world that should be listened to in these situation is the player. They naturally WANT TO PLAY. And have every incentive to do that when they should not. Especially with a QB in Tua’s position, where the team has openly tried to replace him with Watson (and failed) and secretly tried to replace him with Tm Brady (and failed, but got caught for breaking the rules).

This is a 'make it or you will be dumped' year for Tua. Miami had plenty of 2023 draft capital to grab a QB in the rich class of 2023....until they got caught tampering with Tom Brady. They have shown themselves capable of selling out the house to get what they want.

After this season Miami must make a decision on whether to activate the fifth year option for Tua. With that history does anyone believe that Miami ownership would show him any loyalty if he stumbled at all this year?

The motivation for Tua is to play....no matter what. So when Tua said that it was his back that mad him stable at the Bills game....no one should believe him.

This whole situation is really, really bad for the NFL, and the NFLPA has got to do everything they can to protect players health. It remains to be seen if they can or will.
    Last edited by notacon; 09-30-2022 at 05:23 AM.

26. Post thanked by:

Cntrygal (09-30-2022),OpIv37 (09-30-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 26,289 Times in 13,722 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by notacon View Post
    After the game, on Amazon Prime’s post game show, Andrew Whitworth told a story about a game in which he was concussed.

Paraphrasing.....he said that his bell was rung and he knew it was a concussion. He went through the concussion protocol, but he said it’s pretty easy to get through that if you are not obviously dizzy and out of it.

So....despite the fact that he knew he should not, he went back in the game, like big strong football players do.

A TEAMMATE noticed that he was “not quite right”, told him so, and went to the coaches. They pulled him from the game.

Andrew said that his teammate might have saved his life.

The LAST person in the world that should be listened to in these situation is the player. They naturally WANT TO PLAY. And have every incentive to do that when they should not. Especially with a QB in Tua’s position, where the team has openly tried to replace him with Watson (and failed) and secretly tried to replace him with Tm Brady (and failed, but got caught for breaking the rules).

This is a 'make it or you will be dumped' year for Tua. Miami had plenty of 2023 draft capital to grab a QB in the rich class of 2023....until they got caught tampering with Tom Brady. They have shown themselves capable of selling out the house to get what they want.

After this season Miami must make a decision on whether to activate the fifth year option for Tua. With that history does anyone believe that Miami ownership would show him any loyalty if he stumbled at all this year?

The motivation for Tua is to play....no matter what. So when Tua said that it was his back that mad him stable at the Bills game....no one should believe him.

This whole situation is really, really bad for the NFL, and the NFLPA has got to do everything they can to protect players health. It remains to be seen if they can or will.
    Seriously.

1. These guys are all highly competitive or they never would have made it to the NFL in the first place. If there's any way that they can play, they are going to do it.
    2. Many players have performance bonuses.
    3. There's a dozen back-ups on the team gunning for a starting spot who can't wait to take an injured player's place, and players do lose starting roles to injury.

The player has every motivation to stay out there and will never take themselves out for a concussion.

28. Post thanked by:

notacon (10-01-2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 9,153 Times in 5,890 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by OpIv37 View Post
    Seriously.

1. These guys are all highly competitive or they never would have made it to the NFL in the first place. If there's any way that they can play, they are going to do it.
    2. Many players have performance bonuses.
    3. There's a dozen back-ups on the team gunning for a starting spot who can't wait to take an injured player's place, and players do lose starting roles to injury.

The player has every motivation to stay out there and will never take themselves out for a concussion.
    And these same players surely don’t aspire to become Herschel Walker.

Haha...yeah you think so ? Mace's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,490 Times in 9,187 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Maybe it's just me, but seems kind of odd they didn't keep him overnight. He went back on the team flight, just seems like a pretty short period of time to put him through a battery of tests at a medical facility after a fencing response upon injury.