Page 39 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Buffalo range NEW OWNER

Thanks
    Thanked 13,409 Times in 9,123 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Buffalo range NEW OWNER

Quote Originally Posted by upstart View Post
    I do feel better as a matter of fact. BTW, us Americans don't care about what the rest of the world likes.

BTW, when does the fishing season open ?
    April 1st in NY State.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,492 Times in 4,868 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    And you are wrong. Coastal is more than willing to take back what he dishes out. So is Blondie.

But when what is dished back so far exceeds the original dishing out, that is when it is problem.

You don't give somebody the death penalty for a speeding ticket.
    Give me a break..."death penalty for a speeding ticket." Don't make this ENTIRELY one-sided, because it wasn't. Coastal himself has admitted to some sort of culpability, so I don't know why you continue to put words in his mouth or otherwise try to represent him. He did everything he could to make that idiotic Internet feud extremely personal...pushed, and pushed, and pushed. I don't know how you roll, but when somebody pushes me I tend to push back harder. And, again, I'm not defending Lit. Just saying, again, that this thing did not happen in a vacuum. This was not a drive-by. Anybody that wants to constantly press a person's buttons and even do all he can to humiliate them in whatever capacity...well, there is no telling about how unstable that person is on the other end or what could happen. There is a basic moral here that many people do not want to recognize.

All that really happened in the end was a war on words. Why grown people would take a message board so seriously as to get caught up in a childish pissing match is beyond me...not where it leads to some kind of festering hatred. I've called other people names or whatever, but this whole thing was ridiculous. And it's over. All evidence destroyed.

"I'll **** her." Hell, I've told people that I'll KILL them before in volatile situations. Many people have. People say things when they are in conflicts. I remember Lit posting about how he was sitting at this bar at his hotel waiting for Coastal to show up, and then they'll know something. He went off-the-cuff posting ridiculous things in the shoutbox around that time, which I won't repeat. I've had people want to kick my ass for saying far less than things that Coastal said to Lit, even with just basic misunderstandings. No, the hatred between them was actually nurtured on both sides. To me, each one seemed to paint the other one into some kind of cartoon character. That can easily happen if you have very strong feelings for somebody you've never even freakin' met.

Not that I have a problem with Coastal. I don't really. If he wants to be less caustic, then great. I never took anything he said too seriously anyway. Why would I? I have real problems, and I don't have any idea who most of you asswipes out there really are in the first place. Personally, I approach message board banter in the same way I'd strike up a conversation with the person sitting next to me at the bar.
    Last edited by feldspar; 04-17-2014 at 12:52 PM.

3. Post thanked by:

upstart (04-17-2014),WagonCircler (04-17-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,319 Times in 2,848 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post
    Give me a break..."death penalty for a speeding ticket." Don't make this ENTIRELY one-sided, because it wasn't. Coastal himself has admitted to some sort of culpability, so I don't know why you continue to put words in his mouth or otherwise try to represent him. He did everything he could to make that idiotic Internet feud extremely personal...pushed, and pushed, and pushed. I don't know how you roll, but when somebody pushes me I tend to push back harder. And, again, I'm not defending Lit. Just saying, again, that this thing did not happen in a vacuum. This was not a drive-by. Anybody that wants to constantly press a person's buttons and even do all he can to humiliate them in whatever capacity...well, there is no telling about how unstable that person is on the other end or what could happen. There is a basic moral here that many people do not want to recognize.

All that really happened in the end was a war on words. Why grown people would take a message board so seriously as to get caught up in a childish pissing match is beyond me...not where it leads to some kind of festering hatred. I've called other people names or whatever, but this whole thing was ridiculous. And it's over. All evidence destroyed.

"I'll **** her." Hell, I've told people that I'll KILL them before in volatile situations. Many people have. People say things when they are in conflicts. I remember Lit posting about how he was sitting at this bar at his hotel waiting for Coastal to show up, and then they'll know something. He went off-the-cuff posting ridiculous things in the shoutbox around that time, which I won't repeat. I've had people want to kick my ass for saying far less than things that Coastal said to Lit, even with just basic misunderstandings. No, the hatred between them was actually nurtured on both sides.

Not that I have a problem with Coastal. I don't really. If he wants to be less caustic, then great. I never took anything he said too seriously anyway. Why would I? I have real problems, and I don't have any idea who most of you asswipes out there really are in the first place. Personally, I approach message board banter in the same way I'd strike up a conversation with the person sitting next to me at the bar.
    99% perfect.

I would only add that if you're going to get caustic and jump people's ***, you have zero right to complain when they do it right back to you. Worse or otherwise--you asked for it (and NO, before the Greek chorus of whiners jump in, I'm not talking about what Lit did or didn't say, or was interpreted or misinterpreted as having said, implied, or otherwise expressed. Give it a freaking rest).

Thanks
    Thanked 9,901 Times in 4,022 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lecter View Post
    And you are wrong. Coastal is more than willing to take back what he dishes out. So is Blondie.

But when what is dished back so far exceeds the original dishing out, that is when it is problem.

You don't give somebody the death penalty for a speeding ticket.

Yeah well....he's not entirely wrong. The rape threat (which I believe was made) and the implosion of the Range were really 2 different things. One happened in December and the other happened the following August.

Quix was banned in December and Pete, Stealth and others came back to try and clean up the mess he created. Lucid spent days..probably weeks, trying to locate and close the backdoor entrances in the database. Lit spent about 2 months trying to come back on a daily basis under a different account. No one wanted him back...and people were doing their best to see he didn't come back.

But in the meantime, the Great Spiked-Wagon War of 2012 erupted, and both sides brought in reinforcements. it was this thread, X10, but it spread to every forum on the site. And it went on for months. And a bunch of people were warned.. And people were given temporary bans. And that was the year my son got sick, so I wasn't around much for about 2-3 months, so I'm assuming I missed most of it. But even in March and April, it was still going strong.

Deference was given to many of the principal players, because they were long time members. I hate to say this..but if Dude was running the Range at that time, many of the people in this thread would have been banned well before August. You had a bunch of grown up, professional people acting like junior high kids..and neither side was backing down very much.

What happened in August was pretty much as Uppy described it. Rick asked for donations and took a lot of **** for it. I'm sure they thought they were being cute...he didn't think so. Did he overreact? Its Rick..of course. Was he provoked? Yes. Did it begin before that night? Yes.

I'll just give part of a PM he sent me when Lit was in the process of being banned. ...

The reason I left the range was because of all the drama, God I hate it more than anything. Wish us luck lol

The problem is..for the following months and the drama that ensued, he wasn't just getting PM's on the site, he was getting emails sent to him by people complaining about this person or that person ...why isn't he banned, why was he banned...etc etc.
    When he'd pop in from time to time...he'd tell people both publicly and privately that he was getting tired of it.

It isn't as if people weren't warned.

6. Post thanked by:

Blondie (04-17-2014),Dr. Lecter (04-17-2014),Dude (04-17-2014),Mace (04-17-2014),upstart (04-17-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    99% perfect.

I would only add that if you're going to get caustic and jump people's ***, you have zero right to complain when they do it right back to you. Worse or otherwise--you asked for it (and NO, before the Greek chorus of whiners jump in, I'm not talking about what Lit did or didn't say, or was interpreted or misinterpreted as having said, implied, or otherwise expressed. Give it a freaking rest).
    Well, you can give me 100% then, because I agree with this. You don't say horrible things to a person and then be shocked and appalled if they say something worse. That's the game you actually signed up for and actively pursued, and that's how situations escalate.

If the people that were actually involved in this (which does not include ME) didn't learn anything or evaluate their own behavior, then they are jellyfish. Some people want to take a side and way oversimplify it. It's really just so easily to demonize the other side, and a lot harder for the people involved to be objective about it. I feel I'm objective enough. In fact, I could care less. The actual interest for me is like stopping to watch a train-wreck. Kinda hard to turn your head away from it.
    Last edited by feldspar; 04-17-2014 at 01:18 PM.

8. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (04-17-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,420 Times in 1,450 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

And don't forget, this was not the first, or even the second, Range implosion.

But to play
    that’s the thing
    shut up and deal
    ~ Jesse May

Thanks
    Thanked 24,466 Times in 14,176 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feldspar View Post

"I'll **** her." Hell, I've told people that I'll KILL them before in volatile situations. Many people have. People say things when they are in conflicts. I remember Lit posting about how he was sitting at this bar at his hotel waiting for Coastal to show up, and then they'll know something. He went off-the-cuff posting ridiculous things in the shoutbox around that time, which I won't repeat. I've had people want to kick my ass for saying far less than things that Coastal said to Lit, even with just basic misunderstandings. No, the hatred between them was actually nurtured on both sides. To me, each one seemed to paint the other one into some kind of cartoon character. That can easily happen if you have very strong feelings for somebody you've never even freakin' met.

Not like that they don't...
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

11. Post thanked by:

Blondie (04-17-2014),coastal (04-17-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    In locker room style smack talk? Yes, they do. And worse.

You're naive if you think otherwise.

And that's the real point. Coastal engages people in exactly this kind of smack talk, then cries like a ***** when people give it back.

That's the beginning and end of the story.

13. Post thanked by:

DANNY BATTEN POWER (04-17-2014),swiper (04-17-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy View Post
    Beautiful. Brief enough to eradicate all the relevant things I had to say without enough content to dispute.

Without talking about Lit anymore, how often do you think that when somebody says "I'll kill you" on a PUBLIC forum, they actually follow through? Hell, even privately. Put a number on it. If I REALLY felt threatened by somebody threatening me on the Internet, I'd document that. First thing I would do.

15. Post thanked by:

WagonCircler (04-17-2014)

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You know, "it takes two to tango", "two wrongs don't make a right" pick whatever trite expression you like, but I wish some of you would quit acting like children.

that slimey ass of an admin at the zone Dude's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,563 Times in 2,509 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chernobylwraiths View Post
    You know, "it takes two to tango", "two wrongs don't make a right" pick whatever trite expression you like, but I wish some of you would quit acting like children.
    And if you don't I'm turning this message board around and we're going back home.
    Last edited by Dude; 04-17-2014 at 01:58 PM.

18. Post thanked by:

pmoon6 (04-18-2014),WagonCircler (04-17-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Acting like children is what this thing has always been about. It defines what went down in every way.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dude View Post
    And if you don't I'm turning this message board around and we're going back home.
    nice one!

"You don't want ME coming back there!"

21. Post thanked by:

Dude (04-17-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Right. You have nothing to say about it really I guess. Why even reply?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well, I was going to say something, figured it was pointless and instead of hitting cancel, hit reply. Two unsuccessful attempts to delete the post failed, so I gave up. My apologies.

- - - Updated - - -

But I DO like to see my username in bold!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ha, third time's the charm!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ha, third time's the charm!
    Now I have less of a problem with you saying nothing at all.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,924 Times in 4,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by cookie G View Post
    Yeah well....he's not entirely wrong. The rape threat (which I believe was made) and the implosion of the Range were really 2 different things. One happened in December and the other happened the following August.

Quix was banned in December and Pete, Stealth and others came back to try and clean up the mess he created. Lucid spent days..probably weeks, trying to locate and close the backdoor entrances in the database. Lit spent about 2 months trying to come back on a daily basis under a different account. No one wanted him back...and people were doing their best to see he didn't come back.

But in the meantime, the Great Spiked-Wagon War of 2012 erupted, and both sides brought in reinforcements. it was this thread, X10, but it spread to every forum on the site. And it went on for months. And a bunch of people were warned.. And people were given temporary bans. And that was the year my son got sick, so I wasn't around much for about 2-3 months, so I'm assuming I missed most of it. But even in March and April, it was still going strong.

Deference was given to many of the principal players, because they were long time members. I hate to say this..but if Dude was running the Range at that time, many of the people in this thread would have been banned well before August. You had a bunch of grown up, professional people acting like junior high kids..and neither side was backing down very much.

What happened in August was pretty much as Uppy described it. Rick asked for donations and took a lot of **** for it. I'm sure they thought they were being cute...he didn't think so. Did he overreact? Its Rick..of course. Was he provoked? Yes. Did it begin before that night? Yes.

I'll just give part of a PM he sent me when Lit was in the process of being banned. ...

The reason I left the range was because of all the drama, God I hate it more than anything. Wish us luck lol

The problem is..for the following months and the drama that ensued, he wasn't just getting PM's on the site, he was getting emails sent to him by people complaining about this person or that person ...why isn't he banned, why was he banned...etc etc.
    When he'd pop in from time to time...he'd tell people both publicly and privately that he was getting tired of it.

It isn't as if people weren't warned.
    That's being a little generous with Rick (you've always been a little generous with him, I hope he earned that loyalty).

When he came back he made a bad situation worse. He marched in trashed the place and then asked for money to fix it.

I agree, that giving Rick **** wasn't a smart move, and not a move that most people with even a little emotional control would make.... but it's not like Rick was an innocent bystander that caught a stray insult.

He let that fire smoulder for years and then threw gas on it and ran away. Now on his way out the door he hands the keys to Lit as his last **** you to anyone that ever helped him.

Sorry if I don't share your opinion of him.
    Last edited by jimmifli; 04-17-2014 at 02:22 PM.

27. Post thanked by:

Blondie (04-17-2014),coastal (04-17-2014),Dr. Lecter (04-17-2014),Dude (04-17-2014),Historian (04-17-2014),WagonCircler (04-17-2014)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jimmifli View Post
    That's being a little generous with Rick (you've always been a little generous with him, I hope he earned that loyalty).

When he came back he made a bad situation worse. He marched in trashed the place and then asked for money to fix it.

I agree, that giving Rick **** wasn't a smart move, and not a move that most people with even a little emotional control would make.... but it's not like Rick was an innocent bystander that caught a stray insult.

He let that fire smoulder for years and then threw gas on it and ran away. Now on his way out the door he hands the keys to Lit as his last **** you to anyone that ever helped him.

Sorry if I don't share your opinion of him.
    That's all true but the last part.

I used to be very sure that Lit was Michael, but I've since found out who Michael is.

So Lit was long gone and Rick went insane and recruited an even more insane, and incompetent, minion to take the Titanic the rest of the way to the ocean's floor.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,924 Times in 4,182 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by WagonCircler View Post
    That's all true but the last part.

I used to be very sure that Lit was Michael, but I've since found out who Michael is.

So Lit was long gone and Rick went insane and recruited an even more insane, and incompetent, minion to take the Titanic the rest of the way to the ocean's floor.
    I don't know who Michael is. I left the range before he showed up. I was referring to Rick handing the keys to microscopes/Lit.