• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • coastal
    Legendary Zoner
    • Mar 2005

Re: Jim Kelly has Cancer

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts View Post
    Waiting for OP to post that Jim has cancer because he was an alcoholic. Douche.
    Claiming internet message board moral high ground is the essence of douchebaggery.

skål!

Comment

• Swiper
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by jimmifli View Post
      The two leading causes of oral cancers (especially squamous cell) is Tobacco use and HPV (about a third of all oral cancers).
      So what? He said he had cancer of the bone. Squamous Cell Cancer doesn't arise from bone tissue that I know of.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by coastal View Post
      Claiming internet message board moral high ground is the essence of douchebaggery.

skål!
      Not that you haven't tried it!

Tide's out!

Comment

• coastal
        Legendary Zoner
        • Mar 2005

Comment

• Swiper
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by sukie View Post
          not oral structures for it to be oral cancer.

Bone. Bone. Bone. Kelly said bone. Sinus Cancer arises from the soft tissue lining.

Squamous Cell Carcinoma does not arise from bone. Bone cancer is from malignant spread about 80% of the time (give or take). Then comes sarcomas which are not SCCs. He is not of the right age to have marrow issues and that particular spot is not typical for marrow issues anyway. So if the cell type is squamous cell, then it's not likely bone cancer - more likely something arising from the lining of the sinus that eroded into the bone locally.

Originally posted by American Cancer Society
          Bone tumors that are cancer (malignant)

Osteosarcoma:Osteosarcoma (also called osteogenic sarcoma) is the most common true bone cancer. It is most common in young people between the ages of 10 and 30. But about 10% of cases are people in their 60s and 70s. This cancer is rare during middle age. More males than females get this cancer. These tumors start most often in bones of the arms, legs, or pelvis. This type of bone cancer is not discussed in this document, but is covered in detail in our document, Osteosarcoma.
          Chondrosarcoma:This is cancer of the cartilage cells. Cartilage is a softer form of bone-like tissue. Chondrosarcoma is the second most common true bone cancer. It is rare in people younger than 20. After age 20, the risk of this cancer keeps on rising until about age 75. Women get this cancer as often as men.
          Chondrosarcomas can develop in any place where there is cartilage. It most often starts in cartilage of the pelvis, leg, or arm, but it can start in many other places, too.
          Chondrosarcomas are given a grade, which measures how fast they grow. The lower the grade, the slower the cancer grows. When cancer grows slowly, the chance that it will spread is lower and the outlook is better. There are also some special types of chondrosarcoma that respond differently to treatment and have a different outlook for the patient. These special types look different when seen under a microscope.
          Ewing tumor:This cancer is also called Ewing sarcoma. It isnamed after Dr. James Ewing, the doctor who first described it in 1921. It is the third most common bone cancer. Most Ewing tumors start in bones, but they can start in other tissues and organs. This cancer is most common in children and teenagers. It is rare in adults older than 30. This type of bone cancer is not discussed in this document, but is covered in detail in our document, Ewing Family of Tumors.
          Malignant fibrous histiocytoma (MFH): This cancer more often starts in the soft tissues around bones (such as ligaments, tendons, fat, and muscle) rather than in the bone itself. If it starts in the bones, it most often affects the legs or arms. It usually occurs in older and middle-aged adults. MFH mostly tends to grow into nearby tissues, but it can spread to distant sites, like the lungs. (Another name for this cancer is pleomorphic undifferentiated sarcoma.)
          Fibrosarcoma: This is another type of cancer that starts more often in “soft tissues” than it does in the bones. Fibrosarcoma usually occurs in older and middle-aged adults. Leg, arm, and jaw bones are most often affected.
          Giant cell tumor of bone:This type of bone tumor has both benign (not cancer) and malignant forms. The benign form is most common. These don’t often spread to distant sites, but after surgery they tend to come back where they started. Each time they come back after surgery they are more likely to spread to other parts of the body. These tumors often affect the arm or leg bones of young and middle-aged adults.
          Chordoma:This tumor usually occurs in the base of the skull and bones of the spine. It is found most often in adults older than 30. It is about twice as common in men than in women. Chordomas tend to grow slowly and usually do not spread to other parts of the body. But they often come back in the same place if they are not removed completely. When they do spread, they tend to go to the lymph nodes, lungs, and liver.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            • May 2009

Originally posted by coastal View Post

skål!
            You would know.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
              The Voice of Reason
              • Jul 2007

We should fight and argue about douchebaggery in the "Jim Kelly has Cancer" thread.

Then again it is Billszone... Best wishes to Jim for a healthy and speedy recovery. Prayers with his family as well.
              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Syderick
                • Apr 2006

Originally posted by ServoBillieves View Post
                We should fight and argue about douchebaggery in the "Jim Kelly has Cancer" thread.

Then again it is Billszone... Best wishes to Jim for a healthy and speedy recovery. Prayers with his family as well.
                Them's fightin' words!
                3,000,000th post on BZ!

Comment

• coastal
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DerpyNuts View Post
                  I heart papa smurf.
                  Fixed it for u.

Comment

• sukie
                    • Sep 2012

Originally posted by Swiper View Post
                    Squamous Cell Carcinoma does not arise from bone. Bone cancer is from malignant spread about 80% of the time (give or take). Then comes sarcomas which are not SCCs. He is not of the right age to have marrow issues and that particular spot is not typical for marrow issues anyway. So if the cell type is squamous cell, then it's not likely bone cancer - more likely something arising from the lining of the sinus that eroded into the bone locally.
                    My thoughts about this exactly.

Comment

• Swiper
                      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                      My thoughts about this exactly.
                      Just got the new Saga 20/20 CD. Damn you for making me like that music 30 years ago.

Comment

• MitchMurrayDowntown
                        Skoobasaurus-Rex
                        • Oct 2011

Cancer touched my family quite sadly, not too far after Norwood missed his kick. My Mom wasn't a big sports fan, not her a normal Bills backer herself spent her last few months alive after watching that happen. After the kick went wide right, my Mom began to cry. I looked at her in amazement & wondered why she would be so emotional. She basically spent the additional time in confusion after cleaning up & didn't say a lot after it happened. She had me laid down several years earlier to the event explaining that she had cancer & that she wasn't going to live all that much longer. Being younger, I wrote it off as impossible in denial.

She went in and out of the hospital for several years in-between & looked to be good when she and back for treatment, my brother preparing her new kitchen & bathroom she always wanted. Finally my brother got all done with those improvements & Mom passed never to come home to see them. She passed & every game I hoped for a better day to say look Mom we finally did won it.

Maybe some day, I'll get to hold a sign as an event to acknowledge that we finally did it & to RIP. You'll know me by that event event, being there for that moment. Someday she won't cry anymore for the Bills losing, based on my thinking she's still waiting for that day. We all have our battles to fight, mine is just a little farther away than I'd like to admit. I bet Jim's isn't that far off from mine, having something that simple in common.

Comment

• feldspar
                          • Mar 2007

Funny about Opie's complete absence from these threads after his display of absolute douche-baggery.

Comment

• Captain Obvious
                            I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
                            • Jul 2005

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                            Funny about Opie's complete absence from these threads after his display of absolute douche-baggery.
                            From a PR standpoint he is playing it correctly. He was wrong in his guess and he screwed up. He knows the best course of action is to just stay silent and not acknowledge his mistake and hes hoping this will all blow over as quickly as possible

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• trapezeus
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Oct 2004

i wonder if the bills have something big planned for Jim's recovery. maybe a donation drive or something at the season opener.

a good way to support in the meantime is probably donating to the roswell park cancer ride that is later this month. i'm sure everyone knows someone riding, so donate to their cause.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by feldspar View Post
                                OP will never admit he's wrong. He'd rather not reply.
                                sacrifice1
                                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞