I don't like seeing players get hurt unless it's Tom Brady, but.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

I don't like seeing players get hurt unless it's Tom Brady, but.....

I have to say I wasn't exactly upset that Aaron Williams went down. I don't have a whole lot of confidence in Leodis either, but Williams has been toast all season and Andre Johnson was eating him alive.

After Williams got hurt, Gilmore was on Johnson. They only threw at him twice and Johnson only had one catch after Gilmore was on him. Granted, the numbers may be a little skewed, as it was late in the game and the Texans were trying to kill clock and running more than passing. Still, Williams remains the weakest link on an already weak defense and hasn't shown much progress at all, meanwhile Gilmore has more work to do but is developing nicely.

I really hope Leodis or Rogers can step up as the starter and the other one can take over as the nickel back because Aaron Williams just doesn't have it.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: I don't like seeing players get hurt unless it's Tom Brady, but.....

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
    I really hope Leodis or Rogers can step up as the starter and the other one can take over as the nickel back because Aaron Williams just doesn't have it.
    wait, you're already sure that Aaron Williams doesn't have it and yet you're still hoping Leodis can step up?
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

leodis has his moments though. aaron williams hasn't shown anything positive thus far. we skipped on andy dalton to take this guy. he's just an athlete. he seems to have no craft to his game. He bites on everything and has no closing speed. and without a line to put pressure, the QB's get a chance to wait for the move and then throw that direction.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus View Post
        leodis has his moments though. aaron williams hasn't shown anything positive thus far. we skipped on andy dalton to take this guy. he's just an athlete. he seems to have no craft to his game. He bites on everything and has no closing speed. and without a line to put pressure, the QB's get a chance to wait for the move and then throw that direction.
        Not trying to defend anyone here. but Leodis has 5 years and Williams is still playing less than 16 games (due to injury in his rookies season)
        sacrifice1

Comment

• Oaf
          Do you read what you write?
          • Jun 2007

Not trying to defend anyone here, but Gilmore stunk when it counted yesterday (3rd down converts, missed tackles).

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan View Post
            wait, you're already sure that Aaron Williams doesn't have it and yet you're still hoping Leodis can step up?
            Leodis will never be a star in this league but even at his worst he was never as incompetent as Williams.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

if leodis wasn't taken in the first round and we had him as our kick returner with potential dime coverage work, we'd like him.

aaron williams doesn't do anything but get beaten.

it is hard to tell if he stinks of the coaches stink. how many times have we seen players come in with promise and then leave broken? williams looked ok last year when he got in the second half of year. now he looks unservicable.

but now that nix is standing by gailey and there seems to be no pressure to get rid of nix, this truly is a pathetic effort we are forced to endure. I just keep tweeting russ. he allows this.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Leodis will never be a star in this league but even at his worst he was never as incompetent as Williams.
                what have you been watching? Leodis was benched because he was incompetent despite having more years than Williams. He got burned by Sanchez several times.

You may be clouded by how bad McKelvin is because he's a great returner.

He was one of the worst last year.

Last edited by justasportsfan; 11-05-2012, 11:40 AM.
                sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

what have you been watching? Leodis was benched because he was incompetent despite having more years than Williams. He got burned by Sanchez several times.

You may be clouded by how bad McKelvin is because he's a great returner.

He was one of the worst last year.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...ing-stats-2011
                  I'm not saying Leodis is good. I'm saying Williams is worse. The guy is this decade's Chris Watson.

- - - Updated - - -

and for what it's worth, I don't like Leodis as a returner. Lots of big plays, but too many mistakes to go with them.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

I'm not saying Leodis is good. I'm saying Williams is worse. The guy is this decade's Chris Watson.

- - - Updated - - -

and for what it's worth, I don't like Leodis as a returner. Lots of big plays, but too many mistakes to go with them.

again, less than 16 games vs. 5 years+.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Then explain why he looks worse this year than he did last year. The guy is regressing, not improving.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Then explain why he looks worse this year than he did last year. The guy is regressing, not improving.
                        I am not trying to defend Williams, I am saying Mckelvin blows and if you are still hoping "he steps up" then you have to apologize to every bills fan who hoped that Whitner stepped up.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• EDS
                          • Jan 2003

Let's be honest, neither is any good and the chances that McKelvin or Williams become competent as corners is very small.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

I am not trying to defend Williams, I am saying Mckelvin blows and if you are still hoping "he steps up" then you have to apologize to every bills fan who hoped that Whitner stepped up.
                            I always hoped Whitner would step up. I just never expected him to.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Cali512
                              • Jan 2012

Honestly having Whitner and Pos starting, along with McKelvin, would make our D not as bad, and would improve it. Our issues just so happen to be what we replaced these guys, and they were at least average at there spots. We now need a SS, MLB, and CB now, seems funny that we got rid of 2 solid ones who are both having very good solid seasons.
                              Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍